X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BehindBreakaway
    replied
    Originally posted by Thriller View Post

This is where I read it, BehindBreakaway explain why you teased us!
    I think I'm wrong I swear I read it somewhere

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied

I read it on here earlier this year I'm sure, I've been waiting for it to happen for months yet it hasn't.

The future of the BBC's funding will dictate the future of this show I think...
    I don’t think the BBC will ever let EE go - now they’ve spent so much money on a new set, it’s production costs should be fairly small. A quick Google suggests around 150,000 an episode - so around 32m a year, which is really good going for over 200 episodes a year. Then there’s all the licensing sales, international sales etc which help keep costs down.

I know C5 spent 20m a year on Neighbours, and whilst it was the main backer, it wasn’t the only one - so around 30m is probably right.

It would be almost impossible for the BBC to produce over 100 hours of original drama a year for 30m away from the soap genre - essentially, it’s a bargain for them… they just need to find a way of reinvigorating the show. If it’s worth watching viewers will increase.

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
    Max Boden also leaving. Jumping ship maybe.. .

I'm confused by the new time slot. It's regularly beaten by Emmerdale now. A move to 7pm seemed like the logical step.
    This is where I read it, BehindBreakaway explain why you teased us!

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    Originally posted by Artoo View Post
    Wasn’t Ben supposed to be leaving, or am I making that one up?
    I read it on here earlier this year I'm sure, I've been waiting for it to happen for months yet it hasn't.

The future of the BBC's funding will dictate the future of this show I think...

Leave a comment:

• SholasBoy
    replied
    Ben is such a burden on the NHS, he’s never out of hospital. No1curr.

Suky has been really good recently with Eve too.

Im a bit worried for the future of the show, there was a story recently about the BBC putting the set up for sale, I don’t really know what that means in terms of them filming on it. Also didn’t ratings go below 1m for the first time recently too. After what’s happened to Neighbours I am a little concerned.

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    Wasn’t Ben supposed to be leaving, or am I making that one up?

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Frankie will leave layer this year.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Is Janine away with Mick at the moment? I wonder if she’ll leave with him eventually or stay longer, as I’m sure when she returned it was for a “stint”. Unless they’ve persuaded Charlie to stay longer with Sid returning.

Ricky and Janine are both SO EastEnders so it’d be good to have them back on-screen together. The cast has been through a lot of changes in the past few years so some more old faces might bring back a few viewers. 20 of the current cast have been in it less than 5 years, and only 9 pre-date the year 2000.
    Janine is still on the square. She was there earlier this week with Linda in the Vic.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied

Ricky is Jack’s though! Like every child on the square turns out to be.

I’m finally caught up, it’s been quite an exciting few weeks!

Very random appearances from Jean and Big Mo, I’m still not quite sure why they were at that caravan park.

Ravi is a welcome new addition to the cast and it’s good to see more sides of Suky, loved her scuffling with that sleazebag but it did seem to echo a fair few other plots in soap over the years where somebody thinks they’ve killed someone and doesn’t realise somebody else finished the job.

The Ben stuff is getting so tedious and repetitive, just wrap it up already. He’s so unlikeable… and yet another Phil storyline with a gun involved.
    Don't understand that Phil is not gonna stop Ben from going to the police. If Lewis opens up about being held under gun point by Phil... he has some explaining to do.

Ravi is an interesting addition. Still wonder why he was interested in Kheerat while he was in prison. He mentioned Kheerat to Phil, wanting to talk to him or something. But he has started out as really evil, so I think he will only last till Christmas.

They have two interesting story lines to last till Christmas: Suki thinking she killed someone and the Linda/Janine/Mick storyline. I wonder if one of those storylines will come to an end before Christmas.

As for Big Mo and Jean, I think it was just a short introduction to have them come back to the square. Stacy will probably bring them back home when she returns.

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    Is Janine away with Mick at the moment? I wonder if she’ll leave with him eventually or stay longer, as I’m sure when she returned it was for a “stint”. Unless they’ve persuaded Charlie to stay longer with Sid returning.

Ricky and Janine are both SO EastEnders so it’d be good to have them back on-screen together. The cast has been through a lot of changes in the past few years so some more old faces might bring back a few viewers. 20 of the current cast have been in it less than 5 years, and only 9 pre-date the year 2000 - compared to 23 from Corrie.

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied
    Originally posted by RayRay View Post

I wondered why he will return. But just now I realised (when Sam talked about her son Ricky) that Ricky (senior) may want to see his son.
    Apparently it's something to do with Janine.

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied

I wondered why he will return. But just now I realised (when Sam talked about her son Ricky) that Ricky (senior) may want to see his son.
    Ricky is Jack’s though! Like every child on the square turns out to be.

I’m finally caught up, it’s been quite an exciting few weeks!

Very random appearances from Jean and Big Mo, I’m still not quite sure why they were at that caravan park.

Ravi is a welcome new addition to the cast and it’s good to see more sides of Suky, loved her scuffling with that sleazebag but it did seem to echo a fair few other plots in soap over the years where somebody thinks they’ve killed someone and doesn’t realise somebody else finished the job.

The Ben stuff is getting so tedious and repetitive, just wrap it up already. He’s so unlikeable… and yet another Phil storyline with a gun involved.

Leave a comment:

• Plym
    replied
    So now Ben is going to the police... I can imagine Lewis also starting a case against Ben/Phil/Sam for kidnaping, beating him up and holding a gun in front of his face. Also, he can tell the police Ben molested several other guys that ended up in the hospital.
    yeh exactly, ben was bashing men over the back of the head recently and he even unprovoked battered peter in the speed dahl restaurant. whatever karma happened to ben... well, who cares?

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartan View Post

Why has no one mentioned that RICKAAAAY is returning.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    So now Ben is going to the police... I can imagine Lewis also starting a case against Ben/Phil/Sam for kidnaping, beating him up and holding a gun in front of his face. Also, he can tell the police Ben molested several other guys that ended up in the hospital.

Leave a comment:

• Plym
    replied

Getting old.
    oh wait that pic is really him ??

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Originally posted by Plym View Post
    ricky beatbox butcher. what does he do in-between easties stints ?
    Getting old.

Leave a comment:

• Plym
    replied
    ricky beatbox butcher. what does he do in-between easties stints ?

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    I get it but it's just hard to empathise with a character as unlikeable as Ben tbh.
    I know. I never liked this Ben.

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied
    ricky butcher ?
    That's the one.

Leave a comment:

• Plym
    replied
    I get it but it's just hard to empathise with a character as unlikeable as Ben tbh.

ricky butcher ?

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    i don't get if we're supposed to sympathise with ben or not, the character who raped him is more likable than ben himself
    I think the writers want to show us how difficult it is. Who is wrong? It is not so black and white as you would think if you would only know that someone is raped.

Leave a comment:

• Plym
    replied
    So what will happen with Lewis? Maybe Ben will shoot him and then he'll leave?
    i don't get if we're supposed to sympathise with ben or not, the character who raped him is more likable than ben himself

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    So what will happen with Lewis? Maybe Ben will shoot him and then he'll leave?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X