EastEnders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: EastEnders

Well theyíre dragging this out arenít they!
    Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123
      Indeed they are.

Top notch acting though. My main gripe with Lauren and Abiís exit storyline is that itís largely been all about Max and, for two fairly important EE characters like themselves, thatís disappointing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartan
        Originally posted by menime123
        Indeed they are.

Top notch acting though. My main gripe with Lauren and Abiís exit storyline is that itís largely been all about Max and, for two fairly important EE characters like themselves, thatís disappointing.
        Surprised no one was shot - clearly I mis-interpreted the TV guide blurb

I agree Max is dominating their exit, but this is the climax of his long running storyline and their exit is a byproduct of that (as oppose to them opting to leave). Iím now sort of hoping both manage to survive - but suspect Lauren will be fine and that Abi unfortunately has no brain activity (no puns intended). The baby will clearly live - Stevenís line needs to live on.

Keegan recording stuff again though

Stacey though... what a bitch telling her husband on Christmas Day she cheated on him!

#FreeBritney

Comment

To be fair (well, not fair), you could tell Martin already knew. Yeah I kinda guessed Abi will die and the baby will survive and go off with Lauren and Tanya. Though, given the height of the fall, Iím surprised either survived.

Comment

To be fair (well, not fair), you could tell Martin already knew. Yeah I kinda guessed Abi will die and the baby will survive and go off with Lauren and Tanya. Though, given the height of the fall, Iím surprised either survived.

True, considering Bradley died that way. But strange things do happen - my own uncle was a builder, and was on the roof of my school and fell off it from the second storey and lives to tell the tale.

Poor Martin though. He hasnít had much luck being with Stacey has he? Sheís cheated twice, survived her bipolar and post part in psychosis episodes, worries the poor baby could die any moment, has been stuck under a bus, and not forgetting a spell in prison recently.

#FreeBritney

Comment

I hope itís not Abi who dies, sheís low-key iconic.

Comment

I'd rather Lauren died than Abi too. Also if Abi dies her baby is an orphan before it's even born.

Comment

• I also hope it's Abi that survives, she's got more potential as a character, a sort of Janine/Lucy replacement, even though EE seem to bum Lauren a lot more.

I actually feel quite let down by last nights Eastenders, Christmas day we had a cliff hanger where we pretty much thought both girls were dead, then the next night the cliff hanger is that one of them might be dead..
                  1 Becky Hill |2 Jamie Cullum |3 Jennifer Hudson|4 Harry Styles |5 Celeste

Comment

• It would've been more fun if they'd fallen on top of Jonny as he walked out of the Vic and killed him, would've been the most interesting plot he's had.

Comment

• [spoiler:1w8m81ae]

Mel and her son Hunter, meant to be 15 but looks like your typical 19 year old EastEnders boyband "pin-up".[/spoiler:1w8m81ae]

Comment

I mean, Iíd go there.

Comment

• Itís on at 2000 and 2130 tonight.

Comment

I mean, Iíd go there.
                            Totally. Jail bait
                            Love you like a love song!

Comment

• 15? Must be for Louise. Didnít she sleep with Phil at some point just before Steve died? Letís avoid the incest storylines

#FreeBritney

Comment

• They did a similar storyline with Courtney and Mark Jr last year so I doubt theyíll do a similar one like that.

Kathy was amazing in that episode.

Comment

They did a similar storyline with Courtney and Mark Jr last year so I doubt theyíll do a similar one like that.

Kathy was amazing in that episode.

She was, and when she has the material she can act (despite being somewhat limited as an actress). Since she returned she hasnít really been written well at all - although a lack of a big family doesnít help her become the matriarch she clearly could be.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• The continuity and pacing in tonight's episodes was shocking! Completely undoing all the good work of the last two episodes.

We're left on a cliffhanger about Lauren and Abi's fate yet all we see is Max sat next to Abi's bed and Kathy mentioning "Louis should see Lauren", with loads of unrelated filler about other characters! I thought I was watching the wrong one, it was almost as bad as the episode when Kush almost died and was sat in the cafe the next day.

Max's daughters are in hospital, one's braindead, yet he's trying to get back into Fi's knickers days after professing his undying love for Stacey. Plus... where's Tanya gone?!

Martin's really come into his own over the last week, some great writing for him!

I wish Gillian Taylforth was a better actress, she lets her scenes down IMO. The Wilmott-Brown stuff has ended up being a damp squib actually - they needed to have left all of that for next week and made it much more central.

It took me a good thirty seconds to recognise Hannah Spearitt!

Comment

Itís been horrible the last couple of days. Tanyaís just disappeared (though I understand Jo Joyner was filming something else at the time) and no one has visited Abi (Jay, Ben, Donna?), Lauren hasnít even asked how sheís doing.

Hannah looks too young and clean to be Karenís sister, but I think she made a good first impression.

Wasnít sure what Fi gave Kathy at the end? But glad to see JWB gone. Fi turned it around quite a bit at the end, she redeemed her character there.

Comment

Itís been horrible the last couple of days. Tanyaís just disappeared (though I understand Jo Joyner was filming something else at the time) and no one has visited Abi (Jay, Ben, Donna?), Lauren hasnít even asked how sheís doing.

Hannah looks too young and clean to be Karenís sister, but I think she made a good first impression.

Wasnít sure what Fi gave Kathy at the end? But glad to see JWB gone. Fi turned it around quite a bit at the end, she redeemed her character there.
                                        Yes, odd Tanya just disappeared but I think sheíll be back. Not sure if Jay, Ben or Donna could visit - I assume they believe Max and Tanya wouldnít have left her side, and they arenít really family. Odd Dot hasnít returned - after Sonia, sheís probsbly closest to Abi.

Hannah did look a tad younger than Karen, but I wouldnít be surprised if they make it that Karen had to raise her siblings for whatever reason.

I assumed Fi give Kathy the rights to The Cafe back, and possibly Chippy and Restaurant? I just know there were 3 bullet points I also expected Fi to give the Carters the pub pack - considering they already raised £50k.

I quite liked Fi - wouldnít mind her becoming a full time resident in the future. I like that she has that unapologetic bitch side to fall back onto when she needs it.

#FreeBritney

Comment

Where the heck is Luke??!?? And why isn't josh visiting Lauren.
                                          Love you like a love song!

Comment

Is Luke still in that van with the henchmen?

No Lauren or Tanya again... yet we get a good old slap from Cora at least.

Ben and Jay seemingly not fussed their ex girlfriend and supposed close friend is basically dead.

Bit of a whimper of a NYE episode. Wilmott-Brown dead then? Or are we just never going to find out?

Comment

• Yeah I've thought I've missed an episode a few times as it seems to jump on after the cliffhanger....also don't know why Willmot Brown got the cliffhanger over long running regular character Abi last night.

Best moment was Cora's slap on Max!

Martin has been brilliant the last couple of episodes, loved his scene with Stacey at the kitchen table.
                                              1 Becky Hill |2 Jamie Cullum |3 Jennifer Hudson|4 Harry Styles |5 Celeste

Comment

Am I crazy or did Stacey only have 2 of her kids with her at the tube station? The last few episodes have been a mess tbh - Abi has been a constant character over the last 12 years, never recast and really grew into own in the process. Her death has been handled worse than R&R, which is saying something. She deserves a much better send off.

I really wish the actress all the best - sheís only 21, so I really hope she goes into theatre where she can really find herself as an actress and build on 12 years of solid experience. Abi wasnít the most brilliant of characters, but the actress was by far one of the highlights of the live episodes during the 30th anniversary.

#FreeBritney

Comment

They are really not good at dealing with aftermaths... it often feels disjointed, like they've shoe-horned in scenes so the drama never feels consistent.

Comment

Canít believe theyíve killed off Abi. Weíve seen her grow up on the show, future legend

Comment

Working...
                                                    X