Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we gonna create a new thread for Series 2? Haha
    Looking forward to having it back.

Not surprised at the outcome of that storyline, it’s been a disaster and dragged on for too long. The actors aren’t good enough to pull it off either. I think it’s quite good that they told us the outcome before the airing, just to prewarn people as it’s a sensitive issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartan View Post
      Are we gonna create a new thread for Series 2? Haha
      Looking forward to having it back.

Not surprised at the outcome of that storyline, it’s been a disaster and dragged on for too long. The actors aren’t good enough to pull it off either. I think it’s quite good that they told us the outcome before the airing, just to prewarn people as it’s a sensitive issue.
      Despite being more than happy to know spoilers (for soaps only), some things I wish they didn’t announce before hand. I completely understand why they have to release the spoilers for this particular storyline, but even so - EE had a great run just a few short years ago about not releasing every spoiler and it made watching episodes much better going into the unknown and like.

Anyway, regarding one this outcome:

Spoiler!
      Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Well that's a very different out come than the relationship of Little Mo and Trevor...
        My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• I feel like we don’t need to put it in spoiler tags as they clearly don’t either.

I didn’t expect the Ian secret to be revealed in the first episode back but I suppose they need something to hook the viewers in.

Comment

• I enjoyed the new episode, lots of new storylines put in place. Don’t really understand what the whole Sharon and The Bust thing was about?

Glad Dotty has blurted it out about Deny, it was dragging on even before lockdown.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• I enjoyed the new episode, lots of new storylines put in place. Don’t really understand what the whole Sharon and The Bust thing was about?

Glad Dotty has blurted it out about Deny, it was dragging on even before lockdown.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post
                I enjoyed the new episode, lots of new storylines put in place. Don’t really understand what the whole Sharon and The Bust thing was about?

I don't think it was the bust specifically, she knew if that was back it meant they released all the stuff from the boat. She later asked Ian if there was any of Dennys stuff with it.

I thought it was a good episode. A good way to come back.
                Love you like a love song!

Comment

• Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post

I don't think it was the bust specifically, she knew if that was back it meant they released all the stuff from the boat. She later asked Ian if there was any of Dennys stuff with it.

I thought it was a good episode. A good way to come back.
                  That makes sense, but I’d have never remembered the bust was MIA since February!

#FreeBritney

Comment

• I have been so excited to have it back on screens, and mostly I enjoyed it...I did find some of the filming techniques a little distracting, but I guess as it's all kind of new, it might become easier to watch in time as I relax into the new styles, sometimes I was more curious by how they were filming scenes than what was actually happening in the scene. Also it would have been interesting to hear a little more about what has happened in the 3 months we've missed, but I guess in just a 20 minute episode there is only so much they can fill in and we might hear more about lockdown as the episodes progress.
                    1 Becky Hill |2 Jamie Cullum |3 Jennifer Hudson|4 Harry Styles |5 Celeste

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
                      I have been so excited to have it back on screens, and mostly I enjoyed it...I did find some of the filming techniques a little distracting, but I guess as it's all kind of new, it might become easier to watch in time as I relax into the new styles, sometimes I was more curious by how they were filming scenes than what was actually happening in the scene. Also it would have been interesting to hear a little more about what has happened in the 3 months we've missed, but I guess in just a 20 minute episode there is only so much they can fill in and we might hear more about lockdown as the episodes progress.
                      I agree. They had been putting things on their Facebook and insta stories updating us with each character but I missed a lot and I don't think they put them anywhere else.

Comment

• Wow so EE got rid of Karen’s two (rarely seen sons) so her grandkids have a bed in a few weeks time

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Strong first week back. How very cringe of Ian to declare his feeling for Sharon and I really think the Pansears are coming into their own (how different does the younger brother look!)

Surprised Sharon hasn’t hired Mick to run the Vic and I’m surprised at Linda working in the laundrette, though I feel like randomly that might be a good fit for her. I can see Mick on the fruit n veg stall, unless Peter has already claimed it?

Not sure if I was reading too much into it, but are we going to see a homophobia storyline within the police towards Calum and that boss that wrongly arrested Keegan?

Also do we know who is scamming Ruby, or is that a brand new storyline? I can’t remember much from before

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Apparently there’s a returning character due back for Christmas that has agreed to a year long storyline. I hope it’s Dot, Janine, Ricky, Jane or Chelsea.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• OK, I don't really know what to think of last nights episode. On one hand, the filming was excellent, I have to say, Eastenders has improved so much with it's filming style, I can only imagine how this will improve even further when the new set starts. I think the acting from both was great too, there were some real moments where you were willing Chantelle on. I think it's strange that on the Stacey Dooley episode with Chantelle, she said that she thinks Chantelle is going to get stronger and take control, what a curveball.

Anyway, despite all the warnings, for me, I still found this episode pretty distressing. I mean, it's probably the most uncomfortable I've felt watching since the Ronnie baby switching story, which is when I stopped watching for about 6 months. I get that they are showing another side to domestic violence, but I just think this was a bit too devastating for me.

Also, Chantelle is now the second character this year to have died by accidentally landing on a knife.

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
                                OK, I don't really know what to think of last nights episode. On one hand, the filming was excellent, I have to say, Eastenders has improved so much with it's filming style, I can only imagine how this will improve even further when the new set starts. I think the acting from both was great too, there were some real moments where you were willing Chantelle on. I think it's strange that on the Stacey Dooley episode with Chantelle, she said that she thinks Chantelle is going to get stronger and take control, what a curveball.

Anyway, despite all the warnings, for me, I still found this episode pretty distressing. I mean, it's probably the most uncomfortable I've felt watching since the Ronnie baby switching story, which is when I stopped watching for about 6 months. I get that they are showing another side to domestic violence, but I just think this was a bit too devastating for me.

Also, Chantelle is now the second character this year to have died by accidentally landing on a knife.
                                I get where you’re coming from. I think it was actually one of the most devastating EE episodes I’ve ever seen - people have spent months willing Chantelle on and whilst her story has ended, there’s a huge injustice and feeling of a lack of resolution. I was horrified when he said he would go kill the kids - very, very dark for a soap.

However I think it’s a genius move and really on reflection this domestic abuse storyline hasn’t been just Chantelle’s, but Gray’s too - they want to great lengths to develop him as a character and make him likeable and to keep him from villain status. Yes he was horrid to Chantelle, but he was affectionate, loving, caring towards her, their kids and The Taylors, and helpful to many of the people on the square.

They’ve also shown him seek help and attend anger management (albeit off screen) and show how desperate and broken a man he really is. Gray is going to be devastated (I assume) in coming episodes yet now we know just how unhinged he really is - watching him cover up her murder was chilling.

Sadly I assume justice will not be forthcoming for a while - I guess Whitney and Gray will start dating and the show will probably show us how Gray and Chantelle’s relationship (through Whitney) got to where it was - but we all know Whitney isn’t going to stand for it and that will be his undoing. They’ve also shown us that at least one of their kids knows things aren’t right at home too and that they are ‘good at keeping secrets’ - and all secrets come out in soaps.

It’s been very hard to watch but as a fan I love the angle and approach they’ve found: it’s rare a soap finds a way to do something new. It would have been so easy to make him a villain like Trevor, who was always disliked by the Slaters.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• I do agree. I actually think the fact that they've made this storyline seem so much more real rather than OTT is what made it so devastating. I mean, I remember posting here how I was horrified when we first caught a glimpse of what was really going on between Chantelle and Gray, we were all fooled into thinking they were a perfect, happy and very likeable couple, so it's easy to see how the rest of the square could also be lead to believe that.

Comment

• Has there been a time in a soap before where a storyline like this ended with a death and not some sort of 'justice'?

Comment

Has there been a time in a soap before where a storyline like this ended with a death and not some sort of 'justice'?
                                      I think so. It’s pretty standard for a soap character to discover someone has done something they shouldn’t, then be killed for discovering it. Pat Phelan in Corrie had Andy locked up in a basement for months and ended up killing him.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post

I think so. It’s pretty standard for a soap character to discover someone has done something they shouldn’t, then be killed for discovering it. Pat Phelan in Corrie had Andy locked up in a basement for months and ended up killing him.
                                        Sorry I should have specified. I mean a domestic relationship abuse where the victim dies at the hands of the abuser.

Comment

Sorry I should have specified. I mean a domestic relationship abuse where the victim dies at the hands of the abuser.

No, I don’t think so. Apparently that was what drew them to this conclusion - but it wasn’t the original ending planned... it changed after speaking to abuse charities.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Karen walking to the house was heartbreaking. Really well acted - I haven’t a clue what Gray was saying over the top.

Karen and Gray were clearly hugging a cushion or something similar when ‘they’ hugged

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Strange times behind the scenes.

Spoiler!

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Axing Kush is one of the worst decisions the show has ever made. One of the best male actors and characters amongst a weak male cast.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartan View Post
                                                  Axing Kush is one of the worst decisions the show has ever made. One of the best male actors and characters amongst a weak male cast.
                                                  Agreed but Kush has been a pointless character for a few years now. They built him up as a man who wanted kids and a family, yet shoved him with Denise for years then to the other extreme by pairing him with Kat and her 100 kids.

The less said about him having a heart attack on a Friday then back at work on his stall the Monday the better

Same with Max really - ever since they had him take up with Lucy his character has been ruined, and killing off Abi at the same time Lauren was leaving left him with absolutely nothing to do.

I find it really odd too that Sharon has renamed her baby Albert (Albie) but hasn’t explained how or why on screen. They haven’t mentioned this either, but EE’s socials have announced that during lockdown Kat took baby Cherry back to Hayley, so she’s probably being retconned out of the show in the same way Kat and the son she never knew she had have been completely erased

Speaking of secret sons, I read an article today how Barry from Eastenders discovered he had a grown up son he never knew about just random email him - talk about life imitating art

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Diane Parish proving her worth as a leading lady in a plot that doesn’t involve her eating out of bins. She’s already slaying this storyline. I hope she doesn’t get Raymond though, I thought her giving him up and sticking with that decision was powerful. I also hope this doesn’t all become about Phil.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X