No announcement yet.

EastEnders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same, after watching every episode for years, the baby swap was too much for me and I stopped watching for about a year or so after that. My favourite storylines were Mo/Trevor..especially the house fire that killed off Tom (one of Sharon's many true loves). Janine/Ian/Laura/Pat dramas, the original Phil/Grant/Sharon/Kathy debacle and of course Gita kicking out Sanjay every week.

Also every time Janine has been thrown through the doors of the Vic.

Also any scene with Pat ever.
    1 Ofenbach |2 Harry Styles |3 Tom Aspaul |4 Harry Styles |5 Harry Styles

Comment

• I will never understand why they killed off Pat. Pam said she’d have gone back after a couple years off.
      Straight white men rule everything around me

Comment

• A lot of the cast have gone on record since to say it was the worst decision they made.

Comment

• Imagine Pat actually being there when Peggy died. Would’ve been great.
          Pat was the key to so many families and good characters - now all those ties have been severed.

Comment

• Imagine Pat getting her bestie Kathy back, helping Ian grieve Lucy, her devastation at losing Steven, being a great gran to Tiffany and Whitney, helping Peggy at the end, going to war with the Carters when Linda (correctly) accused Dean, the inevitable reveal Stan Carter used to be a customer, the way she’d probably help Janine try and get Scarlett back (or keep her from her), how she’d have been there for Sharon when Deny died, the way she’d have dealt with Gavin (clearly they’d have known each other) and Wilmott-Brown taking over the square… so much lost potential.

Comment

• It was always Patstenders to me

Comment

• one of the worst storylines ever for me was when ian's son steven was killed off, it was so ridiculous, don't know how we were meant to watch max after that
                what's going on?

Comment

• They always try and turn characters around, Stuart is one of the most likeable characters at the moment but he came in as an evil character.

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
                    They always try and turn characters around, Stuart is one of the most likeable characters at the moment but he came in as an evil character.
                    same with keegan, ill never forget how he smashed up denise's flower garden
                    what's going on?

Comment

• Originally posted by Plym View Post
                      same with keegan, ill never forget how he smashed up denise's flower garden
                      haha I forgot it!

But I do remember he was quite evil when he arrived, especially to Louise and Bex.

Comment

• Pauline Fowler was the heart of the show for me. She also had many links to everybody, like Pat, but she always seemed a lot more prominent during the years I watched. Pat would sometimes disappear for a while or wouldn’t have any stories for months, but Pauline was always at the forefront.

Comment

• They destroyed Paulines character by the end. She was awful. They had taken away everything people liked about her.
                          Turn the lights down low and kiss me in the dark
                          'Cause when you're touching me, baby, I see sparks..

Comment

• So... is Chelsea really falling for Grey's manipulative talk or does she think it's safer to let Whitney and Kheerat think she has fallen under Grey's spell?
                            Treated me kind, sweet destiny, carried me through desperation... Prayed through the nights, carried the weight on my own and now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived... I had a Vision of Love

Comment

• It’s good to see everyone talking about the good old days.
                              sad to see how bad the ratings have been recently especially around Christmas Day/New Years where they used to be most watched show on the tv!

Unfortunately the last few years the storylines around the festive period has been very weak. We all like big drama and a big reveal or comeuppance.

A few of my favourite storylines over the years have been Slaters early years, Ronnie/Danielle, Max/Stacey Reveal, Who killed Lucy?

I still watch Eastenders weekly a big fan we need a big storyline to get everyone back involved again a big whodunnit and a build up and reveal.

Comment

• Kim Medcalfe returning as Sam Michelle!
                                Last edited by hun; Sat January 29, 2022, 23:55.

Comment

• I have a gift I literally said they should bring her back 2 days ago

I'm so happy. I prefer her Sam over Daniella Westbrook.
                                  Turn the lights down low and kiss me in the dark
                                  'Cause when you're touching me, baby, I see sparks..

Comment

• Yessss - the best one, Daniella Westbrooke will be fuming.

Comment

• It's weird how Kim and Danny portray 2 completely different characters but they have the same name and relatives.

Daniella's Sam would have never reached the heights of headlining the 20th anniversary in the Den murder plot. Likewise, Kim's Sam would have never abandoned her son. It's such a mess.

Comment

• So they’re clearly setting up a Mitchell takeover at The Vic then. Kim was always the better Sam and I’m glad she’s the one coming back. It really wouldn’t surprise me if they end up turning her into a substitute for Ronnie.

Kat is going to be livid. Jack cannot resist a blonde Mitchell. Janine will never get The Vic.

I still think it’ll be Grant who buys the pub.

Comment

• I forget Jack has three Mitchell kids by three different blond Mitchells.

Comment

• If Grant bought the pub, I imagine he’ll be snarling at the locals within his first episode. That’s not what a landlord should be doing - they’d be trying their best to make friends and loyal customers.

Comment

• Grant’s owned it a few times before with (much) issue.

I like the idea of the show building the Mitchells back up but they can’t stop at Sam - it needs more. Grant has the adult kids the show needs, massive history with Sharon they can explore again (anything to keep her away from Phil) and essentially they have a ready made family back in The Vic, but with characters we don’t really know anymore.

Bring back Louise and Peggy and start building Phill’s family back up too. I still think he should be with Kathy. I’d be interested in them bringing Aunt Sal in on a permanent basis, someone to keep Grant, Phil and Sam in check. Then they need to work on Billy’s family unit, what with Will and Janet both almost adults.

Comment

• Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
                                                They destroyed Paulines character by the end. She was awful. They had taken away everything people liked about her.
                                                I agree, she was a miserable old bag, and sorry to speak ill of the dead, but I never rated Wendy Richards as an actress.

Comment

• Originally posted by hun View Post
                                                  Kim Medcalfe returning as Sam Michelle!
                                                  I've heard another revolving head may be returning too in the form of Sam Strike as Johnny, but I'm not sure why with Mick leaving.

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post

I agree, she was a miserable old bag
                                                    In fairness, I probably would be too if my entire family left me alone with Ian Beale.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X