Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CanYouKeepUp
    replied
    From DigitalSpy:

EastEnders screen couple Kara Tointon and Ricky Groves are to be written out of the BBC soap.

The contracts of the pair were allegedly up for renewal this summer, but the soap's producers took the decision to write them out in a storyline which sees their characters' relationship put to the test.

Speaking of the move, 25-year-old Tointon, who has played unlucky-in-love mother Dawn Swann since 2005, said: "Being at EastEnders has been the best four years of my life. The show has given me fantastic opportunities and I've been able to learn so much from the people I've worked with. I will always hold the show dear to my heart and will continue to be an avid fan."

She added: "I'm excited about what the next few months have in store for Dawn and as an actress I look forward to trying new roles."

Meanwhile, Groves, 40, commented: "It is coming on to ten years now that I have been at EastEnders. The programme has been very kind to me over the years and it has been a wonderful experience playing the role of the loveable Garry Hobbs. However now seems a good time to try new opportunities and I am looking forward to exploring new things."

Executive producer Diederick Santer said of the move: "EastEnders has benefited hugely from Ricky and Kara's great performances over the last few years. As individuals and together Garry and Dawn have had their share of comedy, drama and excitement and Ricky and Kara have delivered it all with talent, skill and flair."

He added: "They've got some fantastic stuff to come - this spring and summer sees their love truly put to the test - and they go with our thanks and very best wishes."

Meanwhile, an insider teased: "There's another spanner in the works to come for the hapless mechanic when his relationship with Dawn is once against tested this summer. Will there be a happy ending or will they go their separate ways when they leave Walford?"

The pair will remain filming until summer and will bow out on screen later in the year.

-----

Have to say it won't be much of a loss at all. Gary ran his course whenever Lynne left years ago and Dawn has been the focus for the past couple of years...you can't really give her anything more than she's already had. Unlike other previous departures e.g. Yolande, Dawn was actually a significant character in it.

Wonder where that'll leave Minty. And Darren will be the only Miller left.

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    Apparently...

Archie tries to strangle Danielle to death at the wedding

Please succeed!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Sounds like I've missed something. Jane - poledancing?

Whenwherewhy?

Leave a comment:

• SeeForever
    replied

Dot should have said that when she caught Jane pole-dancing!!

So the Danielle saga is over next week then again knowing Eastenders they'll drag it on a bit longer...

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Dot: Oh I say...make me feel like a woman again

Eastenders: The Milk

Leave a comment:

• Bhaggers
    replied
    Oh jeez, I've been a wet lettuce with my typing..

its supposed to be FLAILING and DOESN'T.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Bhaggers
    Flalining around -
    Flatlining around??

Originally posted by Bhaggers
    deosn't know which way is up or down.
    Deo know?

Leave a comment:

• Bhaggers
    replied
    Woooot! 100 years a bit late though.

Anyway - I'm bored of EE atm.
    Danielle is being a wet lettuce. Flalining around - deosn't know which way is up or down.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Great news!

June Brown (Dot Branning) has been nominated for a BAFTA for her moving single-hander episode last year.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I think Danielle is stuck in a revolving door

Leave a comment:

• Glitta06
    replied
    Thank god we only have to wait until next week for it to over. I've heard what happens and it doesn't sound too bad!

It made me laugh with Tanya and Max too

Max: I brought this round for you....
    Tanya: Just get lost Max
    Max:... it's curry and wine.
    Tanya: Wine? WINE? *glares* Come in Max

Leave a comment:

• SeeForever
    replied
    Agreed this plot has gone on way too long now - then again we shouldn't complain too much in American soaps they like to keep silly plots going for much much longer!! Sunset Beach being a good example

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    I know, she's left and returned about 6 times in the last fortnight!

"I've got to tell her!"
    "You can't she'll kill herself!"
    "OK I'll leave..."
    "I'm staying, I've got to tell her!"
    "You can't she'll kill herself again!"
    "OK bye Granddad..."

It's going round in complete circles like they're padding it out as much as possible waiting for the big reveal.

Leave a comment:

• Glitta06
    replied
    This is bloody awful at the minute. I just keep laughing when Archie's there saying "She said she'd kill herself, she'd just kill herself."

And how many times is Danielle going to announce that she's leaving walford, only to change her mind at the last minute

Leave a comment:

• cidermaster
    replied
    Great news and what an Equalizer it is like a 40 yarder swerving into the top corner!!

Oh that 80s prog i remember it well,used to be on late night ITV,loved it!

Cheers Cidermaster

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Oh my God!

The Equalizer is in the Square!!!

Leave a comment:

• CanYouKeepUp
    replied
    This is really terrible at the minute.

I don't really think that girl portrays Danielle very well at all, she needs to put more into it...Danielle seems to be the most desperate character ever, but in the wrong way. I'm always comparing this to the Kat/Zoe thing and Michelle Ryan definitely played her part better.

When does Ronnie actually find out because this has been going on for ages. I think people are just getting tired of it.

I still don't actually like this generation of Mitchells - Ronnie, Roxie and Archie. I think Archie is a really poor character too, he's done so little since he arrived and even now he's annoying.

Leave a comment:

• cidermaster
    replied
    Eastenders is largely crap at the moment,mind you it is only a soap!!

Cheers Cidermaster

PS Far better than true soap being crap,that could give you a rash or sore skin!

Leave a comment:

• Bhaggers
    replied
    Hah! I loved Shirley's face in that. Such a sour puss.

Poor cow.

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    Wow great advert, if only the show was that polished and dramatic! I know everyone loves realism but sometimes I think our soaps need Americanising a bit when it comes to the production.

Yeah the Ronnie/Roxy advert was great with Big Mo looking all agog in the background.

Leave a comment:

Working...