Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thriller
    replied
    It's new Michelle's accent that I can't quite take to. The episode with her and Sharon at the centre was great though, strong material. I didn't expect the secret to be what it was, and it seems a bit... out of character? Which is weird to say as Michelle's not been on screen for twenty years.

Leave a comment:

• menime123
    replied
    The new Michelle is an amazing actress - people pay a fortune to see her live. Just wait until she has a decent script Honestly though, making her live with Phil Mitchell of all people I hope he recovers quickly so she can call him out on his shit because those 2 shouldn't be around each other

Denise's labour episode was such a let down - we all know there is no way they'll let the baby go. Phill is bound to want him (and alienate Ben again in the process). They don't end 1 missing Mitchell baby storyline just to start another one less than 6 months later! Denise's mother was randomly introduced too.

Nice to have Kim back though - she can actually act and deliver the goods when serious storylines demand. Far too underrated and her comedy scenes always have me lolling

Leave a comment:

• Plym
    replied
    i cant stand new michelles voice! i had to mute the tv

Leave a comment:

• biscuits
    replied
    Well I thought last night's episode was good, even if it appears I'm the only one. I'm sure I had already read about Michelle's secret a few weeks ago, so unfortunately I wasn't shocked. I also don't hate this new Michelle because I barely saw the old one.

Apparently, the episode was slaughtered on Twitter, but after looking at the profile pictures of the people slaughtering it, I can see why - they're all kids. They probably thought Bex and Shakhil was enthralling.

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied
    Shazza was clearly having the biggest dump ever to be in the cubicle that long.

Leave a comment:

• menime123
    replied
    How the hell have so many companies authorised the use of copyright material to produce stuff for him? Clearly they must know he hasn't got any authority from anyone to get this stuff printed?

I feel a bit sorry for him. He is clearly lost, but I suppose he isn't hurting anyone. I Stan hard for Madonna but I couldn't imagine living in a house like that full of her image (to THAT extent)

I hope Jack leaves. If Charlie Cotton doesn't come to the funeral and claim Matthew I'll be pissed.

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    The clothes!

Leave a comment:

• Airwrecka
    replied
    That is creepy af.

Leave a comment:

• SholasBoy
    replied
    Wow it's like the sort of house you find after someone got murdered!

Leave a comment:

• biscuits
    replied
    Thing is, Ben Mitchell has got to be one of the worst gay role models on TV!

Leave a comment:

• CrazyCrazy
    replied
    Awww it's a bit bonkers but he isn't hurting anyone, Harry is cute.

Leave a comment:

• biscuits
    replied
    He said: “I don’t feel like I have wasted the money because I have spent it on something that has made me very happy.

“I am not a stalker or anything. I just get a real buzz out of collecting things.

“I watch every episode of EastEnders very carefully and then freeze the programme on iPlayer to take screen grabs of Ben that I can use for my photographs. I love finding new pictures that I can use.

“I think I might be Britain’s biggest collector — I love going on websites and thinking about what I can personalise.”

Shaun, a former chef, says his favourite items are a 5ft 11in cardboard cut-out of Ben, his personalised onesie and his tracksuit — which is covered with pictures of Ben’s face.

He is regularly spotted in the unique kit, shopping in Basildon town centre.

He said: “My partner bought me the tracksuit. He thinks that Ben is very attractive but I don’t see it like that. To me he is just a real inspiration.”

Shaun said he dreams of one day meeting Harry Reid.

Leave a comment:

• biscuits
    replied

Leave a comment:

• biscuits
    replied
    Brace yourselves...

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/east...tchell-shrine/

EastEnders superfan spends £5,000 transforming his home into a Ben Mitchell shrine

An EastEnders superfan has spent his £5,000 inheritance on transforming his home into a Ben Mitchell shrine.

Shaun Smith has been collecting Ben memorabilia for around eight months following the death of his mother.

Dedicating his home to his favourite soap character, the 48-year old has splashed out on personalised mugs, key rings, pens, cushions, bags, blankets, bed covers and even clothes.

He admitted that watching the character come out as gay on the BBC soap helped him boost his self-esteem when he was the target of abuse over his own sexuality.

He told the Basildon Echo: "I have only been collecting for about seven or eight months since my mum died. She left me her house and I sold her house and I came into a bit of money, so I decided to start a collection.

"The part Harry [Reid] plays of Ben is inspirational. I can really relate to him, he has helped me a lot through my journey. As time has moved on since coming out, Ben doesn't care who likes him being gay or not and I look up to that.

"Ben's storyline has made me come out of myself more. I now feel more confident in being gay. I just wanted to do something to show what he has done for me - it is an appreciation."

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    What was the point in even bringing Danny Mitchell back? He's just been Glenda's shadow for the past week.

The 'fallout' has been weak.

Leave a comment:

• biscuits
    replied
    Sunday's episode was great, particularly the wedding dancefloor montage and the artist shot at the end. Been crap since then of course.

I echo what others have said - should have killed off Ronnie (hate her) but kept Roxy. I liked her. This is gonna be a big loss to the show and one which could be looked back on with regret in the future (viewers are already up in arms about it). That's Peggy, Ronnie and Roxy all gone in a year! Sam will never be back full-time and is the weakest link anyway, so there are no Mitchell women left (Sharon doesn't count!).

Would love Glenda back permanently but she has no reason to be back now. Unless Jack does the hat-trick and gets with her (probably would have happened under the previous EP).

Leave a comment:

• SholasBoy
    replied
    I also enjoyed the filming style of the last episode, but found the whole thing a little naff, not least because of Womacks terrible acting, thank god they've finally got rid of her for good. It's made me want to watch some old Game On episodes to see if she did the exact same tone in her comedy scenes too.

I wonder what will happen with Lee now, because it felt like the last episode wrapped the story up but it's going to still rattle on.

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    WOW

Some of the eeriest scenes ever in a soap... that closing shot was kind of tragic art.

I'm shocked they went through with killing both of them but it makes sense as they could never really be separated. It seems a random and frivolous way for them to die though.

Really great episode, I loved the dancefloor scenes and the nod to their promo advert from way back when they first appeared.

Leave a comment:

• MCUK
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartan
    To be fair, old Michelle wasn't exact the life and soul of the party. I'd say give her some time. I remember disliking NuMartin at the time but he's grown into one of the better characters on the show.

I enjoyed Lee on the roof, the woman on the rooftop with him was brilliant as well - I recall her being very good in The Bill as well.

Looking forward to tonight - I'm hoping Ronnie dies and Roxy lives as I can actually bear Roxy.
    Agree with all of this. I want to see Roxy live a happy live away from controlling Ronnie.

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied
    To be fair, old Michelle wasn't exact the life and soul of the party. I'd say give her some time. I remember disliking NuMartin at the time but he's grown into one of the better characters on the show.

I enjoyed Lee on the roof, the woman on the rooftop with him was brilliant as well - I recall her being very good in The Bill as well.

Looking forward to tonight - I'm hoping Ronnie dies and Roxy lives as I can actually bear Roxy.

Leave a comment:

• Airwrecka
    replied
    Just catching up, and damn, what a bore the Christmas episode was! I mean, the community spirit thing was nice and all, but there was absolutely no revelations or big shock whatsoever. Dot's pussy and drunk Kathy did have me laughing though.

Can't stand the new Michelle. She's nothing like the old one, and she just walks around with a face to curdle milk. :-?

I hope the New Year's Day episode will pack a bit more punch.

Leave a comment:

• menime123
    replied
    The new producer doesn't believe in releasing actual story details way in advance, so I do enjoy all the unannounced stuff - and I think the Ronnie and Roxy stuff might be brilliant in the end.

The Lee stuff was good, but I find it very hard to relate to that headspace. They should have had Lee dip in and out whilst a member of the army still - he could have come in for the bigger moments and still married Whitney etc.

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    I thought the episode was really strong, all the Lee stuff was executed well and I liked the little twist with the parking attendant. Glenda and Danny back for Ronnie and Roxy's exits is making me think there could be some surprises... obviously the whole liver rumour isn't happening now Phil's sorted.

Leave a comment:

• SholasBoy
    replied
    I thought tonight's scenes with Lee were pretty good tbh, it was an interesting angle to have 'Karen' as Lees confidant, it made it feel like it was in the real world and not the Albert Sq bubble, also mad the situation seem even more desperate having a complet stranger.

Enjoying the build up with Robbie and some more Shrimpy scenes who I'm finding strangely atttactive

Leave a comment:

• biscuits
    replied
    Right, nothing happened! At one point, the viewers actually had to watch everyone have a sing-song for 2-3 mins.

Plus, we all knew Max was coming back so the one event had already been given away

Leave a comment:

• SholasBoy
    replied
    I thought it was dull too, though of course the pussy line I enjoyed.

The blackout, the cat, Derek??, the doorstep deliveries, the terrible and unnecessary recast of Michelle, the whole thing was a bit weird.

I see they're trying to make it more like real life, with lots of video calling and talk of Facebook, but it's getting to the point now where it's at the expense of anything AT ALL actually happening.

Leave a comment:

• biscuits
    replied
    Boring. Literally put my mom and brother to sleep.

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied
    Yes, great Xmas episode. Not dramatic or anything but a nice community feel and highlighting a strong cast. Dot's pussy line was hilarious.

I'm glad Whitney finally grew some balls with Lee in that episode too. He's dreadful.

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    "Lily love, don't touch Dot's pussy, you don't know where it's been"

Only after the watershed could they get away with that line!

This was actually a great Christmas episode and highlighted that they have a strong cast - I just wish they'd do better things with them. Kathy spending the whole episode pissed and channelling Catherine Tate's Nan at the end was hilarious.

Not massively feeling the Michelle re-cast at the moment, she's too dissimilar.

Max back to get revenge on the Beales I'm sure!

Leave a comment:

• menime123
    replied
    Originally posted by Thriller
    Did I miss something, did Lee set up that burglary?

At least something was happening for the first time in weeks!
    Yes, he set it up. Clearly he is about to be disowned by his family, resulting in his exit.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X