Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artoo
    replied
    So Raine has gone and Lola is being killed off. I know she’s a wet blanket but when will EE learn killing off younger characters is a stupid decision?

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    BBC confirmed Danny’s salary as 200,000 - 249,999, so I’m thinking Ross would, if he’s allowed an annual break to go shoot his documentary stuff (like Steve does panto). Ross has been pretty positive about the show in recent years, so I reckon he could be tempted.

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied
    I don't think Ross would want to come back permanently.

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    Originally posted by Thriller View Post

Him and Sharon behind the bar of the Vic with Courtney and Mark?
    Everyone back where they belong

Seriously though, they could just offer Ross the same salary Danny’s on and see what happens. I’m not sure he’d turn it down this close to retirement.

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    Originally posted by Artoo View Post
    I still think they’re building up to Grant coming back full time.
    Him and Sharon behind the bar of the Vic with Courtney and Mark?

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    I still think they’re building up to Grant coming back full time.

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    I’m surprised Nancy’s gone for good again, that seemed really rushed and no Julia’s theme either?

Agree the Carter kids have been wasted and badly used. Whitney and Lee should’ve been the new Mick and Linda stepping up behind the bar.

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    The Carters were never the same without their kids around them. I still don’t understand why they got rid of Lee - pretty sure the actor would have stayed the duration, and they set him up well with this mental health problems. Nancy has ran her course on both runs, but it’s a shame they messed up Jonny twice with casting (competent but uncommitted, then woefully incompetent).

Lee and Whitney would have been a strong pairing if they hadn’t completely changed her personality when they put them together. The non-affair with Mick was utterly stupid, as was taking her out of The Vic - making her a Carter and putting her centre stage should have worked wonders for her character (same way putting Sharon into the Mitchells did). Adding a few Carter grandkids would have given Mick and Linda more to play off than having Oliver has (Linda would have been such a helicopter grandmother) and it would have set Whitney up in the long term (and tied her to Shirley for life).

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied
    Nah I'll miss Nancy. She was less likeable in this stint but she gave the Carters some depth. The family won't be much once Mick leaves now.

Leave a comment:

• SholasBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by hun View Post

Why would you want rid of the only topless man?
    Seen it. Over it.

Leave a comment:

• hun
    replied
    Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
    Nancy “Nance” leaving too. Good. I seem to remember her being more likeable before but since she came back, she’s been a miserable moody cow. Hopefully she’ll take Zack with her who’s only use is to be the current topless man since Peter became scrawny and Jack got old.
    Why would you want rid of the only topless man?

Leave a comment:

• SholasBoy
    replied
    Nancy “Nance” leaving too. Good. I seem to remember her being more likeable before but since she came back, she’s been a miserable moody cow. Hopefully she’ll take Zack with her who’s only use is to be the current topless man since Peter became scrawny and Jack got old.

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    Originally posted by Thriller View Post
    Ooh interesting move. Imagine if they’re testing it as an iPlayer soap and remove it from BBC One?

Yeah it works out about 1.4m per episode on top of their live ratings so still only about 5-6m?
    They’re blaming sport schedules but they did the same last summer too - so of those hundreds of millions of streams, that includes early release episodes, making it feel a bit low per episode - though 1.4M online views is nothing to be sniffed at (especially if the BBC is forced to monetise iPlayer and add commercials in the near future). I just thought it got more online viewers, that’s all.

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    Ooh interesting move. Imagine if they’re testing it as an iPlayer soap and remove it from BBC One?

Yeah it works out about 1.4m per episode on top of their live ratings so still only about 5-6m?

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    The BBC are going to release all four weekly episodes on iPlayer at 6am on Mondays, for the next six weeks.

They also announced EE had over 285m streams in 2021, which doesn’t sound like a whole lot when they make around 200 episodes a year?

Leave a comment:

• hun
    replied
    Queen Jessie

Leave a comment:

• SholasBoy
    replied
    I enjoyed the scene where Shirley came into the laundrette saying she was there for the slapper and Kat, Sharon and Sam all looked at each other wondering which one

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    She’s turning more and more into Kat as the years go on.

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    Discharged with a caution.

Leave a comment:

• SholasBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartan View Post
    Jessie Wallace has been arrested for assaulting a cop. I swear she's got previous, I could see them potentially terminating her contract for repeated behaviour.
    They need to get Ritchie down

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied
    Jessie Wallace has been arrested for assaulting a cop. I swear she's got previous, I could see them potentially terminating her contract for repeated behaviour.

Leave a comment:

• Plym
    replied
    Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
    They need to get her with Bernadette and show us some bedroom scenes.
    lmaoooooooo

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    Not every female needs to be a matriarch, though I am surprised she’s been back in the show almost a decade and she hasn’t had a wedding or had more kids.

To be honest I always loved her with Martin, they should get married.

Leave a comment:

• SholasBoy
    replied
    They need to get her with Bernadette and show us some bedroom scenes.

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    I know they did similar with Bianca but they need to have her meet someone with two/three teenage kids and become a stepmother so they can turn her into the new Carol.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X