Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thriller
    replied
    Loved tonight’s episode, so camp but I thought the Ian and Sharon scenes were really well filmed and acted. Isn’t it all a bit deja vu for Ian to wander off without any belongings, will he be discovered homeless again later in the year?

Leave a comment:

• Thombus
    replied
    Loved Shirley walking in on Mick and the noncy woman - I was literally sat in my living room going "oh shit, oh shit, oh shit" at her slow, angry, pace ready to kill. Can't wait to see what she does to Gray should she find out what he's done to Tina.

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    Quite like it at 20 minutes, keeps it pacy.

Leave a comment:

• Bazmedia
    replied
    Gray should get his come uppance later this year over the murders. Another resident catches on to what he is like. Wish the episodes were back up to 30 minds again

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    To be fair they changed Ben’s character a fair bit with the second version and from then on he’s got darker and darker.

The stuff with Martin being a hard man debt collector didn’t sit right with me, he’s better as a humble guy just trying to get through life. He had a bit of an edge as a teenager but settled down later on. I think Martin came back as the show was approaching its 30th so they were probably keen to have as many legacy characters around as they could at that time and he ended up working out as a permanent fixture again.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    I love how they kept Tiffany. She feels so real.

Ben is just a big no for me. As a kid he was so shy, into musicals and obviously gay. There's nothing left of this persona. It's just not Ben. No one changes that much.

Although I'm okay with Martin now, it took me a really long time to see him as Martin.

Then there's the gay son of Mick and Linda (forgot his name). He was super handsome and then all of a sudden he wasn't. Such bad casting.

I don't believe they always ask the original actor to return. That's a shame, really. If the original actor doesn't want to return, than there is a "good" reason to cast someone else.
    Then again, there was no need to have Martin return. Stacy could have gotten herself a new boyfriend with similar storylines. Same goes for most characters.

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    EastEnders are terrible for a recast, I can’t think of many characters under 30 that haven’t been recast they normally get it right though.

Jay is one of the sole survivors of child actors to remain in the role, along with Tiffany. We rarely see her but Janet has been played by the same actress for a long time, as has Will - I imagine when the likes of him, Ricky, Amy and Tommy reach their teens we see them reappear with new heads. Did we literally see NuLily once?!

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied
    Originally posted by RayRay View Post

I never like it when they replace original actors. Just don't let those characters return when the original actors don't want to come back.
    I don’t normally like it. EastEnders is very hit-and-miss with it in recent years, there have been some great recasts like Martin and Shabnam.

If it adds to the plot and the original actor doesn’t want to come back (Peter) or they’re still young (Lauren) then I’m fine with recasts. This latest rendition of Ben is also the best actor to play him but he’s been lumbered with awful characteristics.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartan View Post
    Peter + Suki = Puki

I'm starting to warm to NuPeter. NuChelsea is fantastic though, really good casting.
    I never like it when they replace original actors. Just don't let those characters return when the original actors don't want to come back.

Leave a comment:

• Leo
    replied

NOMINEE for the 3rd Annual UKMIX Hot100 AWARDS as

Voting will start once all categories are announced! Stay tuned!

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied
    Peter + Suki = Puki

I'm starting to warm to NuPeter. NuChelsea is fantastic though, really good casting.

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    Peter and Suky...

Not Jean knowing every single word to Unfinished Sympathy I’d have had her down as more of a Michael Bolton girl myself.

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    They’ve been death mad since the year Steven and Abi died, it’s like they can’t be bothered to write anyone out in a more inventive way so just bump them off for a brief Twitter trend.

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied
    Originally posted by Thriller View Post
    That old man who we only saw for one episode in the Vic, before Martin and Sonia kicked his door in and he was dead in his chair for the duff-duff, had a better exit than Tina.
    I feel like they’ve done a lot of unnecessary deaths recently. Tina, Denny, Mel, Hunter.

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    That old man who we only saw for one episode in the Vic, before Martin and Sonia kicked his door in and he was dead in his chair for the duff-duff, had a better exit than Tina.

Leave a comment:

• SholasBoy
    replied
    I don’t think she’s really dead. If so, what a crap exit. It’s also made a mockery of the tone of the domestic violence storyline.
    I feel like it was all a bit underwhelming, and I think Tina deserved more after the years she's been in the show, if she's dead it felt like they kind of just killed her off like some kind of extra.

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    If she’s not she did a decent job of pretending to be

Another dead lesbian in soap. It has just turned the Chantelle story into a sensationalist killer plot where we now await someone (probably Shirley) to uncover the truth, and meanwhile Lucas is back.

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied
    I don’t think she’s really dead. If so, what a crap exit. It’s also made a mockery of the tone of the domestic violence storyline.

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    Called it

Tina deserved to die tbh - “I’m being pursued by a potential killer and wife beater, so I’ll call my brother instead of the police”. Silly bint to the end.

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    Grey to kill Tina then hide her body and cover it up as if she’s done a runner then?

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied
    To be fair, I’d let Max rail me (but just as a one-off). Wasn’t he just in love with Ruby last month? He should’ve fallen off the Vic roof instead of Abi.

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    I don’t get why Max is still even in the show, he was past his sell by five years ago.

Leave a comment:

• SholasBoy
    replied
    Bit of a dull Christmas episode. Denise carried the whole thing on her shoulders, but the scripts recently have ben diabolical. How does a serial killer get released? when he's also previously escaped? Why weren't more people concerned that he was on the loose?
    I mean surely Denise would have been notified? And he wouldn't be allowed back to the Square? But then Ronnie was allowed to live back on the same square after stealing Kat and Alfies baby.

The Max stuff is insufferable. How many times do we have to see him give the same spiel to someone elses wife. I can't understand Linda keep running over to him, she clearly doesn't want to be there.

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    Yeah apart from Karen having a weep the other day and her being shown on that random tribute to dead characters, it’s almost as if Chantelle didn’t exist.

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied
    Bit of a dull Christmas episode. Denise carried the whole thing on her shoulders, but the scripts recently have ben diabolical. How does a serial killer get released? when he's also previously escaped? Why weren't more people concerned that he was on the loose? What on earth has happened to Sharon's character? Max is suddenly declaring his love to Linda after banging her for a week. Mick is just depressed. Gray is still on the Square, there's been such little aftermath of the Chantelle storyline that it's made it feel redundant.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X