• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking forward to season 2.
    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Originally posted by Loose View Post
      I'm late as usual but I just started the show and finished Episode 5 by now.

I am so in love with Blanca! Isn't she just truly amazing as a person?

Ryan Murphy as a director did not disappoint. Still binging American Horror Story and I'm probably one of the few people who enjoys later seasons.
      I absolutely loved Blanca, she was the best character in Pose! Ryan Murphy didn't disappoint indeed. I've also enjoyed every season of AHS except for Hotel and the 2 seasons of American Crime Story.
      My YouTube Channel - The best songs of the 80s, 90s and 2000s

Comment

Amazing show. There was a lot of joy and unity, but much of the time it was (effectively) heartbreaking and extremely emotive. As usual with Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk, the direction and casting is tremendous. I'm anticipating the second season a lot.

Comment

Just watched the first episode now it’s on BBC2, enjoyed! Are they stealing lines from RPDR and placing them in 1987 or did they exist then? The dance to a Whitney at the end was so joyous.

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller View Post
            Just watched the first episode now it’s on BBC2, enjoyed! Are they stealing lines from RPDR and placing them in 1987 or did they exist then? The dance to a Whitney at the end was so joyous.
            No, this is where they originated.
            M08T10

Comment

Theatre royalty that is Patti LuPone has been confirmed as joining the cast for season 2! Having literally spent yesterday afternoon watching her latest show, this is such wonderful news

Also, small spoiler:

Spoiler!
              M08T10

Comment

I though that was only on the last episode.
                "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaMale View Post
                  I though that was only on the last episode.
                  Article
                  M08T10

Comment

I've just started this, up to episode 4. I think it's a bit cringey with some great moments. Does the acting get better. Right now Blanca cringes me out as her voice is so irritating and she can't dance. The 'ballet boy' also cannot act a lick and his dancing is off. Elektra too is just too overbaked.
                    I hope it gets better as I quite like Angel and Evan Peter's characters. I love the setting, the music and the ball scene as I am friends with the person who brought it to the UK, Darren.
                    "What goes around comes back around my baby"

Comment

Just watched the first episode. Like it!
                      My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Second season will premier on June 9. Can't wait!!
                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                          YES!!!
                          Akini's Top 400 Songs of the Decade: [125-121]

Comment

Great news! 🤗
                            My YouTube Channel - The best songs of the 80s, 90s and 2000s

Comment

So hyped for the second season, I hope itís as good as the first
                              M08T10

Comment

Originally posted by menime123 View Post
                                So hyped for the second season, I hope it’s as good as the first
                                It will be a good season for us, Madonna fans
                                Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

It will be a good season for us, Madonna fans
                                  Depends on their reaction to Vogue
                                  M08T10

Comment

Originally posted by menime123 View Post
                                    Depends on their reaction to Vogue
                                    I don't think Madonna would allow them to use Vogue for a terrible reaction
                                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

I don't think Madonna would allow them to use Vogue for a terrible reaction
                                      Well some of them will presumably love it, some will hate it. I imagine the whole cultural appropriation thing will come up, but itís not a big deal imo.

I wonder if she did secretly film that rumoured cameo. It ties in nicely with her new album release
                                      M08T10

Comment

What an amazing show! I can’t beleive the struggles the community went through back then. So heartbreaking.

What’s the deal with Madonna’s Vogue? Was there backlash when she released it?
                                        LJC--->>

Comment

Originally posted by LJC123 View Post
                                          What an amazing show! I can’t beleive the struggles the community went through back then. So heartbreaking.

What’s the deal with Madonna’s Vogue? Was there backlash when she released it?
                                          Within the community... Iím not sure. Culturally though Vogue was Madonnaís absolute peak in popularity, so Iím guessing there very very little print backlash (though Madge always gets some negative press simply for breathing).
                                          M08T10

Comment

I'm currently rewatching season 1. Season 2 has a lot to live up to...
                                            Love you like a love song!

Comment

Hated it at first and ended up loving it. Tacky in parts but it really paints a full picture of life then. I canít waut for season 2.

Comment

i still dislike the dance school boy.

Comment

i think it's purposely tacky because the actually plot line is very very depressing
                                                  Forever Young

Comment

Originally posted by Loveguru View Post
                                                    i think it's purposely tacky because the actually plot line is very very depressing
                                                    I get what youíre saying although I donít think some of the things had the desired effect. A lot of gay people feel isolated and alone and in that respect it totally won as it portrayed an actual gay community.

The tacky aspect comes from that notion that gays are frivolous and ridiculous which follows us around. The break in at the museum, Elektraís Acting and lines the first half of the season. The dance school boys awful acting and dancing. As I say it took some getting into but Iím sure it will be even better next season.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X