No announcement yet.

Younger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As expected, the series finale wasn't mind-blowing, but more or less okay. Affer watching the first 10 minutes I thought that everybody would end up with a partner (Liza, Maggie, Kelsey and Lauren), but I'm glad that they didn't end things in such a predictable way.

I was very disappointed that Diana didn't appear at all, not even in a small scene!
    My YouTube Channel - The best songs of the 80s, 90s and 2000s

Comment

• One of the worst finales I’ve watched for a show that I’ve loved for such a long time.

They wrapped up Kelsey nicely and I see how the spin-off would have worked so fair play to her. Seemed a bit silly for her to get a brand new love interest this season for her to get screwed over again. They should’ve had her reunite with Zane. I like that she got a final scene with Claire and some closure there but their friendship seemed forced.

Lauren ended up growing me a little bit this season, and got a fairly decent ending. Still not sure how she managed to have such an important role in Imperical this season is beyond my understanding. I’m also glad we got to see her Mum, always here for some Kathy Najimy.

It’s weird how Maggie was the only one who got a romantic ending with that horrible art woman. Surprised they didn’t put her and Lauren back up in the end. I feel as if her love interest got too much focus this episode for the finale. Wasn’t down for that, I would rather focus on Maggie’s friendship with Liza and maybe Liza getting her own place?

Its weird how little screen time Josh got in the finale aside from at the end. I kinda felt like he’d been sidelined all season but his character growth throughout the show was probably the best so I’m happy for that.

I was thankful for no Quinn this episode, I think she’s been the biggest downside of this season as a whole.

The whole Charles/Liza thing was actually quite toxic in the end. It seemed Charles couldn’t ultimately trust Liza, which is a shame as, if written well, they could’ve worked as a power couple. I like that she was in charge of Empircal though at the end. Not sure how Diana would have liked having her as a her boss. When Kelsey said she had an investor at the end, I thought it may have been Diana but she didn’t even get a mention.

I actually enjoyed the final outcome though, but I’ve always been a fan of Josh/Liza together. I feel like I could’ve done with a flash forward in this show to see how the characters ended up.

Diana’s absence was very prominent this season and the show suffered because of that, and many other reasons. I know they had some barriers to cross with COVID and scheduling conflicts but it was so noticeable. Even if you take all those obstacles out of the equation, I still feel as if this season could’ve been miles better especially as they knew it was the last season.

Comment

• kind of a bland ending

I wanted Quinn to get some sort of punishment but since she's in the 1% it's a given that she was going to get away with everything lol

why's Charles thinking he's living in the 1950s?

Comment

• Just watching the last season now.

I dont understand the Liza/Charles relationship at all. Charles is horrible.
          He is like Ross from Friends, or Ted from HIMYM. Pretending to be the nice guy, but they really aren't.

Comment

• I have watched the first 3 episodes of the last season, and got so bored and disappointed that I have decided to stop watching.
            I'd rather not ruin my memory of this show.
            5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by Colbie View Post
              Just watching the last season now.

I dont understand the Liza/Charles relationship at all. Charles is horrible.
              He is like Ross from Friends, or Ted from HIMYM. Pretending to be the nice guy, but they really aren't.
              Was he always like this? I thought he was portrayed original as the good guy, it feels to me like they tried to turn him into a bad guy once they decided to end the show so that the audience would root more for Liza and Josh.
              Rolling back the rivers in time...

Comment

• ^ For me he was always like this at least....

Comment

• I feel like they definitely added it in for some pointless last season drama, but he has always been a traditionalist. Maybe it was a way to write Quinn into the show more due to actor availability.

Comment

Working...
                  X