No announcement yet.

RuPaul's Drag Race - All Stars 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The problem is that Ru is out of touch. Her style of drag is very one note and she is stuck in the 90s (as evidenced by the lip sync song choices and her jokes and references). That’s fine for me because I’m stuck in the 90s too but the show is so much more than Ru and her style. That’s why Ru loves Latrice, they’re from the same era. But AS4 just showed that Latrice is weak in 2019.

She also perpetuates too many stereotypes. An episode dedicated to Judy Garland in 2019? A Cher themed episode in 2018? Not only is it out of date in terms of relevance but it’s too stereotypical.

Comment

• Originally posted by biscuits View Post
      She also perpetuates too many stereotypes. An episode dedicated to Judy Garland in 2019? A Cher themed episode in 2018? Not only is it out of date in terms of relevance but it’s too stereotypical.
      I don't really agree with that. These people are part of queer history, I find it proper that they are celebrated on the show. Let's face it, you couldn't have an episode dedicated to younger stars like Ariana Grande

Comment

• Lol I know it’s easy to take this more seriously than we should when favourites are involved BUT honestly.. those mad at Monet snatching a double win should be grateful Trinity won at all!

From what we were told it was very ‘you’ve reached the final, now you have to finish top two of the week and win the lipsync’. Nothing about track records. By the rules of the finale laid out, Miss Monet went on and won the challenge then won the lipsync.. so by rights she really could have taken a solo crowning on MERIT.

Trinity on the other hand had the worst verse and I think got herself in the top two by way of that stunning runway but that lipsync she did naaaat win.

I realise there has been talk of race and a POC queen making the HOF but my take on it is that they had every plan to award Monet the solo win (based on winning the finale) but changed their mind in the last week when they saw Trinity was the number one fan choice and Monet the number four and so they gave us this cobbled together mess of an edit.
        There was some subtitles left on the Netflix version of Monet saying ‘I’m going to go to Popeye’s (with my 100k) l’ which some fans have theorised were accidentally left in from the original Monet winning edit (she doesn’t say it in the shared win)
        Not proof, but that’s my take on what went down. So I think count your blessings haha!
        Check out my Top 100 of 2012 Countdown!

Comment

• Originally posted by ArmyOfMe View Post
          I don't really agree with that. These people are part of queer history, I find it proper that they are celebrated on the show. Let's face it, you couldn't have an episode dedicated to younger stars like Ariana Grande
          No but you could have one on Britney, Xtina, JLo, Beyoncé, Rihanna, Mariah, etc.
          5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
            No but you could have one on Britney, Xtina, JLo, Beyoncé, Rihanna, Mariah, etc.
            They did one on Gaga, and had Mariah in the divas musical challenge in AS3.
            And they had Farrah paying tribute to Xtina every week, soooooo

Comment

• Originally posted by king_oxymoron View Post
              Lol I know it’s easy to take this more seriously than we should when favourites are involved BUT honestly.. those mad at Monet snatching a double win should be grateful Trinity won at all!

From what we were told it was very ‘you’ve reached the final, now you have to finish top two of the week and win the lipsync’. Nothing about track records. By the rules of the finale laid out, Miss Monet went on and won the challenge then won the lipsync.. so by rights she really could have taken a solo crowning on MERIT.

Trinity on the other hand had the worst verse and I think got herself in the top two by way of that stunning runway but that lipsync she did naaaat win.

I realise there has been talk of race and a POC queen making the HOF but my take on it is that they had every plan to award Monet the solo win (based on winning the finale) but changed their mind in the last week when they saw Trinity was the number one fan choice and Monet the number four and so they gave us this cobbled together mess of an edit.
              There was some subtitles left on the Netflix version of Monet saying ‘I’m going to go to Popeye’s (with my 100k) l’ which some fans have theorised were accidentally left in from the original Monet winning edit (she doesn’t say it in the shared win)
              Not proof, but that’s my take on what went down. So I think count your blessings haha!

YOU DESERVE A MEDAL

I mean everyone was okay with Asia O'hara missing the finalie last year when logically speaking she kinda was better the Cameron Track record... ( also better than Eureka) but it's the nature of the game.

Even in the FIFA world cup you can win your group stages etc but if you lose the final... you runner up.

Trinity did hand down lose the final episode but like...
              Forever Young

Comment

• I do deserve a medal, don't I

yeah, or to use another sporting analogy, if you reach the final bend of a race together it's who sprints the end the fastest not who WAS in front for the first 200m. Monet was very close on 'stats' and had a sprint finish!
                Check out my Top 100 of 2012 Countdown!

Comment

• Manila not winning made this AS season bleh for me, but even without Manila, I thought the fair top 2 were Trinity and Monique. I'm not upset at the queens that won, but the AS rules suck. At some point, merit taking a backseat to entertainment is just too cheap a ride to truly enjoy.

Originally posted by king_oxymoron View Post
                  I do deserve a medal, don't I

yeah, or to use another sporting analogy, if you reach the final bend of a race together it's who sprints the end the fastest not who WAS in front for the first 200m. Monet was very close on 'stats' and had a sprint finish!
                  Love it!

Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
                  Yeah, All Stars 5 with the 10 winners would be spectacular actually. If only...
                  I would love this!
                  Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [75-71]

Comment

• The bad finale destroyed this whole season for me. I mean, same like AS3 actually. And my problem is not having two winners, it was mainly how they edited it. They could have shoot it at least (like they did a double win shoot in S6). So it wasn't planned at all and just a last minute decision, which makes it even worse to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                      The bad finale destroyed this whole season for me. I mean, same like AS3 actually. And my problem is not having two winners, it was mainly how they edited it. They could have shoot it at least (like they did a double win shoot in S6). So it wasn't planned at all and just a last minute decision, which makes it even worse to me.
                      Agreed. In my humble opinion. They done it after the backlash of not having a POC in the hall of fame
                      Love you like a love song!

Comment

• Nearly every All Star winner has been crowned in controversy / bad editing.

I would even take the voting to be like a scorecard thing haha. Above the judges is an individual screen, and the kweens have to watch as the judges give them a score 0/10 etc.

Anyway I dunno, I feel like there is so much potential however as someone pointed out, Ru is just not invested and the one to lead the series to great anymore.
                        Originally posted by SummerPeur
                        Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
                        Originally posted by Goldmoney
                        So does her microphone

Comment

• Are people over Manilagate or is it still a thing?
                          2019 Year End Charts: The 20/20 Experience

Comment

• Originally posted by LOVE+FEAR View Post
                            Are people over Manilagate or is it still a thing?
                            I'm completely over it, because Manila still ended up as the star of this season.

But having rewatched the final episode this week, I loved how Carson said how he's still bitter Naomi eliminated Manila (kinda forgot about him saying that)

Comment

• I’m still annoyed Bob won tbh

Comment

• Originally posted by jason2379 View Post
                                I’m still annoyed Bob won tbh
                                The shade

Same!
                                Though Monet has grown on me a lot as a Drag Queen outside of RuPaul's Drag Race, but she barely delivered on the show and she's one of my least favorite queens on the show actually (on S10 and on AS4). Monique >>>

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                  The shade

Same!
                                  Though Monet has grown on me a lot as a Drag Queen outside of RuPaul's Drag Race, but she barely delivered on the show and she's one of my least favorite queens on the show actually (on S10 and on AS4). Monique >>>
                                  I have no time for Monet on the show tbh especially after watching Bob’s season (which I did after).
                                  "What goes around comes back around my baby"

Comment

• Monet is probably one of the best queens to come out of the show though, performance on the show aside
                                    You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

• Yeah I geniunely need some Ru in my nights. This better hurry up!

Comment

Working...
                                      X