Downton Abbey: The Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JustinJack1221 View Post
    Apparently 20 of the cast are in it, including Dame Maggie. I would guess that at about 150 year old now for 5th result, The Dowager could be killed off. She certainly did well to survive series 6, because I thought it was almost a guarantee.

I would love her to win an Oscar for this though - most probably the only one who would, and give her her 3rd statuette,
    I think I didn’t watch the last season, maybe I should catch up before the movie.

This Manga | Strongest Abandoned Son | Online Tv Series

Comment

I think if this works they’ll definitely do a sequel or two - TV shows turned into movies can be quite the gamble. I doubt this would have happened if it hadn’t been for the US taking to the show too - though I guess we’d have had the TV special eventually. I still hate Dan Stevens for leaving - Sybil too to an extent, but her exit was actually quite good and storylined well. Matthew should have just been killed in the war.

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJack1221 View Post
        I think if this works they’ll definitely do a sequel or two - TV shows turned into movies can be quite the gamble. I doubt this would have happened if it hadn’t been for the US taking to the show too - though I guess we’d have had the TV special eventually. I still hate Dan Stevens for leaving - Sybil too to an extent, but her exit was actually quite good and storylined well. Matthew should have just been killed in the war.
        Matthew should have been killed by an o’Brien and Thomas plot gone wrong, with o’Brien fleeing (as she did anyway) and Thomas staying to make amends by dedicated service.
        M08T10

Comment

Last edited by Benny; Thu March 28th, 2019, 21:38.
          My YouTube Channel - The best songs of the 80s, 90s and 2000s

Comment

-edited-
            Last edited by Benny; Thu March 28th, 2019, 21:38.

Comment

In love with the Mary poster. I’m so freaking excited for this movie though
              M08T10

Comment

Originally posted by menime123 View Post
                In love with the Mary poster. I’m so freaking excited for this movie about Hair Toners for Brassy and Blonde Hair though
                Matthew should have been killed by an o’Brien and Thomas plot gone wrong, with o’Brien fleeing (as she did anyway) and Thomas staying to make amends by dedicated service.

Comment

Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

I forgot Imelda Staunton is married to Jim Carter.

Poor Edith at the back there, even the dog is more prominent than she is.

Comment

The trailer is here, looking forward to this.

Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

The dowager even owns the trailer
                        M08T10

Comment

I'll try to stay away from the trailer don't want any spoilers

Comment

In all honesty, it just looks like a cinematic version of a Xmas special.

Comment

A second trailer already!

M08T10

Comment

Comment

Just got back from seeing this. Really good movie, essentially just felt like an extended Christmas episode but everyone got a chance to shine in some way. Imelda Staunton and Maggie Smith were the standouts. Made me laugh and made me cry.

Comment

Cant wait to see this soon!

Comment

I absolutely loved it! It made me realize how much I missed the show with all its likeable characters. It was nice to see that both Barrow and Branson found a bit of romance. As expected, Maggie Smith was the highlight.

Comment

Glad you enjoyed it as well [MENTION=25208]Benny[/MENTION]
                                        Maggie really - shone, especially in the scenes at the end. Still capable of encapsulating so much emotion. I loved the Barrow stuff, I enjoyed that it wasn't too in your face either but I'm glad he found some D.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan View Post
                                          Glad you enjoyed it as well [MENTION=25208]Benny[/MENTION]
                                          Maggie really - shone, especially in the scenes at the end. Still capable of encapsulating so much emotion. I loved the Barrow stuff, I enjoyed that it wasn't too in your face either but I'm glad he found some D.
                                          I was a bit shocked when the Dowager announced that she was ill.
                                          I was happy for Barrow as well, the guy was hot!

Comment

It was a record weekend for Focus Features that saw Downton Abbey not only top the weekend box office, but it became the studio's largest opener ever, topping $30 million. The weekend's fellow new releases — Ad Astra and Rambo: Last Blood — delivered on expectations and are in a neck-and-neck battle for runner-up position and we'll have to wait for actuals to tell the full story on Monday afternoon.

With an estimated $31 million, Focus Features's Downton Abbey topped the weekend box office, giving the studio their largest opening weekend ever. Previously, Insidious Chapter 3 was the studio's record opener with $22.7 million followed by London Has Fallen, also making this their first release to ever top $30 million in nearly 20 years of film distribution. The film played to a crowd that was 74% female and of the total audience, 60% were aged 35 or older. Working in the film's favor was a positive, "A" CinemaScore from opening day audiences to go along with a 96% audience score on RottenTomatoes and 7.8/10 user rating on IMDb. All that said, it will be curious to see how the film performs next weekend given more than $4 million of the film's opening weekend gross was as a result of pre-weekend previews, though it did hold on well over the weekend suggesting a solid hold may be upcoming next weekend.

Internationally, after debuting in 17 markets last weekend, Downton Abbey added another 15 this week for a total of 32, from which the film brought in an estimated $10 million for the weekend for an overseas cume that currently stands just shy of $31 million. New markets were led by a $1.3 million debut in Germany while the UK remains the top overall market where the film added another $3.6 million in its second weekend for a cume that now totals $15.6 million. Next weekend the film will debut in France, Belgium and Denmark.

Yasss, congrats!!
                                            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Fantastic figures. I didn’t think it would top the Box Office over there.

Comment

Just watched it yesterday, realy enjoyed it!

Comment

I finally saw this today.

So much shoved into a 2 hour movie! Too many plots, too many characters...

It would have worked better as a 6-part miniseries.

Branson

Mosley

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                                    X