RuPaul’s Drag Race: All Stars 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
    I love how the fandom is still arguing over Alexis' placement in the latest episode. No one knows if she was high, low or just safe Kinda like Thorgy in her Talent Show.
    On Reddit?
    2019 Year End Charts: The 20/20 Experience

Comment

• Tansike
      Tansike commented
      Editing a comment
      No, on RPDR wiki xD

• The finale has already been filmed right? I can’t stand another Zoom mess.

A shame we don’t have a promo shoot for AS5 :(

Comment

• Originally posted by LOVE+FEAR View Post
      The finale has already been filmed right? I can’t stand another Zoom mess.
      Yes. 3 finalist and all three have been filmed as being crowned. So unless someone runs away with the competition from now on it could be anyone's game. But they cn alway pull last minute double win like AS4 and cut it awkwardly again.

I have received many gifts from God,
      but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• The latest episode was definitely the worst; I only really laughed at Shea/Alexis - can’t see how Alexis was bottom, she was hilarious!

Cracker earned the win, fair enough. Juju was good but Blair was absent and should’ve been bottom (even though I love her). She had the best runway though.

India was entertaining and should’ve been safe. Mayhem was easily the worst

The season feels so lacklustre. Even Shea is just mediocre. Juju is the best so far
        You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

• I think the reason Juju is coming across well is because she doesn't seem to be taking it too seriously, some of them act like winning this show is life or death, it really isn't, Juju just seems to be there for the ride, good on her.
          1 pnau |2 Gabrielle Aplin |3 Dotter|4 Sofi Tukker |5 Afrojack

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
            I think the reason Juju is coming across well is because she doesn't seem to be taking it too seriously, some of them act like winning this show is life or death, it really isn't, Juju just seems to be there for the ride, good on her.
            True. When she went to the box of lipsticks and started talking about her cats at home, I screamed.
            Akini's Top 400 Songs of the Decade: [2-1!]

Comment

• dylonj
              dylonj commented
              Editing a comment
              THEEE moment of the season thus far!

• Yeah, that's also why I enjoy Juju so much and it's cool she's back on this after all this years and she's still Juju. I'm definitely Team Juju so far.

Also, AS has become a mess, really. Unfair judgement (India being in the bottom twice when she didn't deserve it, Blair being safe this week despite pulling an India of E3 in the main challenge and completely missing the mark with the runway theme), the lip sync tie, the bad challenges. I'm afraid the Snatch Game of Love will be another underwhelming main challenge, I hope I'm wrong though. Really love if there's a sewing challenge soon, or something like a ball challenge.

Overall, India and Mariah impressed me the most and they deserved better on the show. Mariah should have been high in the first episode, just low in the second.

Comment

• I'm enjoying the season because I think it's one of the strongest AS casts they've had, but the challenges and judging have been particularly bad this year.

I'm convinced the judges are watching something different to us all. India bottom 2 ? Blair SAFE?! Cracker winning this week?! I don't think I've ever been as surprised with the judging as I was with this episode.... the Cracker/Blair/Juju skit was the least funniest to me, Cracker was so wooden I found.

I've been loving India so much this season, her upgrade has been incredible - her runways have been on point, and she has really tried hard in every challenge. Cracker is pretty much the same as S10, runways are expected, but I guess she is who the producers are pushing for the finale. Shame.

Comment

• Originally posted by crazycool View Post
                I'm convinced the judges are watching something different to us all. India bottom 2 ? Blair SAFE?! Cracker winning this week?! I don't think I've ever been as surprised with the judging as I was with this episode.... the Cracker/Blair/Juju skit was the least funniest to me, Cracker was so wooden I found.
                Agreed with your whole post, but this part really gets me. Because the judging was already weird in the third episode, when Shea was in the bottoms. That didn't make sense at all. I mean, Alexis was worse IMO.

But hey, it's more a reality TV show these days and not just a competition TV show. And we could argue about Blair having been high or safe in all episodes and "deserved" to be safe due to her track record while India was already in the bottom for quite a few times, so this alone lands her in the bottom more easily.

Comment

• I don't know....India just gives me mean girl so I am not connecting with her. I loved her runway look last week though. I think she is next to go though.

Comment

• Originally posted by dylonj View Post
                    I don't know....India just gives me mean girl so I am not connecting with her. I loved her runway look last week though. I think she is next to go though.
                    She only needs to bottom twice more to tie Roxxxy.

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post

She only needs to bottom twice more to tie Roxxxy.
                      in a single season????

Comment

• Originally posted by dylonj View Post

in a single season????
                        AS season. Roxxy had 5 bottoms in total.

Comment

• I don‘t know. India is probably the biggest grower for me from season to AS.

Have you guys seen Watcha Packin with Mayhem? She‘s actually so likable!

Comment

• Just caught up with last week, the challenge was decent enough and Mayhem and India were easily the lamest. It was Mayhem’s week to go but secretly I was hoping two different lipsticks would be revealed.

Morgan an assassin? Since when? The lipsync was a bit of a mess.

I think this is the least interested I’ve been in Allstars yet, it’s just kind of there.
                            THRILLER’S SOUNDS OF THE 90s

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post

AS season. Roxxy had 5 bottoms in total.
                              Oh!!! This was the season with that whole rolaskatox thing where they kept saving her.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                I don‘t know. India is probably the biggest grower for me from season to AS.

Have you guys seen Watcha Packin with Mayhem? She‘s actually so likable!
                                Likeable and so, so handsome!

Comment

• 1,131k - Shea Couleé (+9k)
                                  1,077k - Miz Cracker (+5k)
                                  791k - Blair St. Clair (+5k)
                                  711k - Jujubee (+8k)
                                  416k - Ongina (9th, +2k)
                                  414k - Derrick Barry (10th, +1k)
                                  355k - Mayhem Miller (7th, +2k)
                                  299k - Alexis Mateo (+3k)
                                  136k - Mariah Balenciaga (8th, +1k)
                                  100k - India Ferrah (+0,8k)

Won't have time to do an update tomorrow, so here it is already. But the effect in followers is basically non-existent compared to the effect AS4 had.
                                  Glad India finally got the 100k.

Comment

• Shea, I'm so sorry you lost S9 and are now subject to this farce of an AS season.

Before the ridiculous twist, I actually thought this was a pretty decent Snatch Game. In the first trio, Alexis stood out because Cracker was so one-note and India so basic and awkward. Alexis's jokes, as someone pointed out, were redundant, but she was funny the whole way though. Alexis was definitely 'high' this episode and came through on the runway like the picture of drag excellence she always has been.

The second trio was so much stronger than the first. Blair was okay, but Jujubee and Shea were terrific. It was really a close call between Jujubee and Shea, and I would've been happy with it going either way, but if the runway was factored into the equation, well, Shea ate Jujubee there.

Now onto the foolishness. "If you're not in the top, you're in the bottom"? Ridiculous! The India/Alexis drama? Foolishness. I'm so happy Shea didn't buy into the nonsense and sent home the queen that deserved to go.

Something in my spirit tells me Cracker is winning this season. The way the AS2 challenges favoured Alaska and the AS3 challenges favoured Ben, I'm really not getting the sense that this season was set up for Shea to win, and with all these ridiculous challenges, with even more ridiculous judging, I just feel like it'll be Cracker at the end. I really hope I'm wrong, but even if Shea does emerge from this rubble of a season as champ, it's been crap.

On a brighter note, it was nice to hear Ru mention that he and his husband recreated/discussed Blair's S10 runway at home. He's so disconnected from the show sometimes that it was refreshing to see him add that personal touch.

Comment

• Shea... wasn't all that. Sorry. She was 3rd for me after Juju and Alexis with Juju being the winner. I knew they put Shea in the bottom that week for a reason and this is it - to not be accused of the Shea favouritism we were all expecting. India didn't do as bad as they made out but yes, she was definitely in the bottom along with Cracker.

I have no idea who was telling the truth between India and Alexis! It really could have been either. Alexis' vote for Shea was out of place and honestly I wouldn't put it past her. But then she seemed so genuine when she said it was a stunt so I don't know.

I like the twist to be honest!

And Ru seemed to be in a good mood which was nice to see

Comment

• Shea, Juju and Alexis were clearly the best of the week but if we take challenge and runway into account I really think Alexis deserved the win over Shea; I didn’t really like Shea’s runway this week.

Ru’s laughing during the snatch game cracked me up!

Anyway, bye India - a snake and not even an Allstar if you ask me. I don’t know if Alexis did or didn’t campaign to get of Shea but India’s move was desperate.

Jujubee is saving the season, I love how she’s hamming it up.

Comment

• Jujubee has skyrocketed into my top 3. She’s just SO hilarious.

So we need Mayhem to spill the tee and tell us the truth from this episode ASAP.

Also Ru defo had a cocktail before the runway - he was living... wish he was like this more.
                                          LJC--->>

Comment

• I can’t believe nobody has mentioned the Jeffrey x Ru mess yet

We probably got THE two creepiest moments of Drag Race herstory with Ru and Jeffrey making out in the Snatch Game and right after that at the stage. The producers are so desperate

JSparksFan I’m on my phone and editing quotes is as messy as AS5 production but Akini, ugh, I agree so much with you. Poor Shea being on AS5 and Jujubee, too. Do we know why Shea didn’t do AS4?

Honestly if Cracker wins over Shea or Jujubee, Drag Race really hits a new low. I don’t hate her, but she didn’t grow at all and she’s just there.

The whole top/bottom twist will ruin Uckey Lee’s ranking system

Shea was the clear winner for me. Her SG was hilarious. Juju close second. Both are one of the best SG performances ever. Alexis high. BSC low. Cracker and India bottom. That said, Shea’s runway was a bit strange. She’s giving good runways but I don’t think it’s on the level of S9. I guess BSC has my fave runways this season so far.

I’m gonna be honest, the India/Alexis drama freaked me out, I would’ve been mad if Alexis went home. Nobody knows what was actually going on, but it was India’s time. India Top 5 would’ve made me more mad than Roxxxy Top 4.

This was one of the better episodes and I actually think the concept worked for me this year, while it was meh last year.

Comment

• Oh and Vanjie’s make-up got better

Comment

• Aww so good to see Vanjie again, I wish she was in every season.

Comment

• She’s for the deserved win. It’s her and Juju with everyone else in the dust. I wish Vanjie was on this season properly but she is so booked.
                                                  "What goes around comes back around my baby"

Comment

• Originally posted by LOVE+FEAR View Post
                                                    I can’t believe nobody has mentioned the Jeffrey x Ru mess yet

We probably got THE two creepiest moments of Drag Race herstory with Ru and Jeffrey making out in the Snatch Game and right after that at the stage. The producers are so desperate
                                                    I actually didn't mind that. It was a continuation of their 'story' from AS3 and Jeffrey is so beautiful, I can't be too opposed to anything that gives him extra screentime.

Originally posted by LOVE+FEAR View Post
                                                    JSparksFan I’m on my phone and editing quotes is as messy as AS5 production but Akini, ugh, I agree so much with you. Poor Shea being on AS5 and Jujubee, too. Do we know why Shea didn’t do AS4?
                                                    I have no idea why Shea didn't do AS4. I suspect she might have regretted waiting for AS5.

Honestly if Cracker wins over Shea or Jujubee, Drag Race really hits a new low. I don’t hate her, but she didn’t grow at all and she’s just there.
                                                    Better brace yourself because I can see the show doing it!

The whole top/bottom twist will ruin Uckey Lee’s ranking system
                                                    Yeah, I thought about that. He'll probably do his own top/high/safe/low ranking based on critiques, though.

I guess BSC has my fave runways this season so far.
                                                    Really? I think Blair only semi-impressed me once thus far, and that was the three-in-one look.

Comment

• This is more manufactured for Shea to win than it was for Alaska to win AS2 let's be real

Juju for me is owning this season. I really hope she gets the crown (unlikely)

Comment

• Juju is just amazing. I'm an even bigger fan now. The whole alexis thing, I don't know what to believe. It seemed like a stunt to try and save herself (India). I want to believe Alexis because I love her but I dunno. Has Meh-hem said anything about it yet?

Derrick of course posted about it showing he's clearly team alexis.

It was a good snatch game mostly. Alexis, jujube and Shea where the clear tops. I actually would have preferred an Alexis or Juju win. Shea wasn't THAT amazing.
                                                        Love you like a love song!

Comment

• I really liked yesterday’s episode. Juju, Alexis & Shea were the best ones clearly. Blair was the worst to me but her runway look did really save her, that was really well done.

However, Cracker doing Gaga was A HUGE fail. I mean she looked like she always does. There was nothing Gaga about it. Really, I am wondering what she’s still doing there because I really haven’t seen any progression and she’s really weak the entire season.

Juju’s outfit was stunning. Maybe she should’ve won the episode but Shea was amazing too. Good episode with many strong moments.

Concerning India’s story, I don’t know what to believe I just thought it was weird that she mentioned that when she was in the bottom again.

Comment

Working...
                                                          X