No announcement yet.

RuPaul’s Drag Race: All Stars 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, the Snatch Game Of Love was actually good, mostly thanks to Alexis, Juju and Shea. They all slayed their performances! Blair wasn't that bad IMO but she just stood no chance against Juju / Shea in her team.

Runway was good, but I feel like the themes are all overall pretty basic this season. I wish there would be a sewing challenge, because there are too many comedy based group challenges at this point.

India going was clear from the get go. No idea what to think of this story, but it was good television so I'm fine with that.
    Blair and Alexis NEED to win something as soon as possible, otherwise they'll be gone soon. Blair started to fade even more into the background lately. She started being high for some challenges but now she's been bottom or near bottom two times in a row.

With that said, Alexis and Juju both didn't deserve to be in the bottom at all. That twist is just complete bullsh*t IMO. Also, Juju was better in the Snatch Game than Shea and while I loved Shea's runway, she missed the theme for me personally.

Is it just me or is there no clear frontrunner so far? Yes, Shea and Juju are clearly doing the best and Cracker also won something, but they all still don't stand out that much to me like Manila or Alaska did for example. I think producers saw Cracker as a winner while fans were cleary team Shea, but I wouldn't mind if Juju snatches the crown because let's be honest, this season would be dead without her.

Comment

• 1,150k - Shea Couleé (+19k)
      1,084k - Miz Cracker (+7k)
      796k - Blair St. Clair (+5k)
      741k - Jujubee (+30k)
      419k - Ongina (9th, +3k)
      414k - Derrick Barry (10th, +0k)
      359k - Mayhem Miller (7th, +4k)
      308k - Alexis Mateo (+9k)
      137k - Mariah Balenciaga (8th, +1k)
      102k - India Ferrah (6th, +2k)

Juju's increasing like crazy! Very well deserved for probably the real winner of Snatch Game AS5

Comment

• Thanks for the update but why discredit Shea's win. I can get you may not have found it funny but I think it was a lot more than just 'she did the best impersonation'. It was out of the box, accurate to Flav and a massive risk. Let's not forget, Flavor of love and shows at that time are one of the cornerstones of reality television, especially for the black community. Juju was phenomenal as Eartha Kitt, it was a masterclass but we have seen it before on Drag Race on Snatch game. She could have literally studied previous iterations to work out what to do and not to do. I think it's a shady reach to call her 'probably the real winner'. Like Shea didn't deserve it.
        "What goes around comes back around my baby"

Comment

• It’s not discrediting or being shady when you disagree with a win, it never has and it doesn’t start now because it’s Shea Couleé. And I don’t think it was a massive risk for Shea. We’ve seen men been impersonated before and twice they’ve won. It was hardly earth shattering lol

Comment

• Originally posted by jason2379 View Post
            It’s not discrediting or being shady when you disagree with a win, it never has and it doesn’t start now because it’s Shea Couleé. And I don’t think it was a massive risk for Shea. We’ve seen men been impersonated before and twice they’ve won. It was hardly earth shattering lol
            Thank you.

For me personally, Juju was simply the best, had way more jokes than Shea (or others), played more with the questions, was spontaneous and I laughed way more at her (and thought everyone was laughing more at her, I was actually surprise she wasn‘t picked). And while I thought Shea‘s runway was great, Juju worked better for the theme IMO.

Comment

It’s not discrediting or being shady when you disagree with a win, it never has and it doesn’t start now because it’s Shea Couleé. And I don’t think it was a massive risk for Shea. We’ve seen men been impersonated before and twice they’ve won. It was hardly earth shattering lol
              Yup
              Love you like a love song!

Comment

It is shady and discrediting when you say that someone else is the ‘real’ winner. It literally is the definition of discrediting. No one is saying Shea took a risk for simply playing a man and just because ‘playing a man’ has won before, it’s much more of a risk than playing a woman (since playing a woman has won many more times obviously). Who are you to tell anyone what does or doesn’t start? I’m just curious. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by aaliyahman View Post
                  It is shady and discrediting when you say that someone else is the ‘real’ winner. It literally is the definition of discrediting. No one is saying Shea took a risk for simply playing a man and just because ‘playing a man’ has won before, it’s much more of a risk than playing a woman (since playing a woman has won many more times obviously). Who are you to tell anyone what does or doesn’t start? I’m just curious. Lol.
                  Yeah, I think the word "real" is what reads like a discredit, but I don't think Tansike meant any malice there. Shea may even low-key agree with him...

Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [85-81]

Comment

• I was also surprised at Shea’s win and thought Juju was the best. Shea/Alexis was a toss up for 2nd for me

The whole cast being in the bottom twist was sort of trash really. Loved the India/Alexis drama which was entertaining

I was a bit over seeing Vanjie again. I mean she’s being overexposed now. And girl losing to Kalorie Karbdashian in the first lip sync of a season does not an assassin make.
                    You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

• Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                      Yeah, I think the word "real" is what reads like a discredit, but I don't think Tansike meant any malice there. Shea may even low-key agree with him...
                      Using the word "real" in a sentence like that is something that gets used very often, isn't it? Anyways, it wasn't supposed to be shade towards Shea, but I really think Juju was better in the Snatch Game. Even re-watched the Snatch Game yesterday and laughed so hard at Juju, but didn't at Shea. The thermostad joke alone has to be one of the funniest lines ever in Snatch Game herstory.

Comment

• I actually hate that only one queen lipsyncs in each episode. We only had four queens lipsyncing so far (India, Shea, Juju, Cracker). Would have loved to see (way) more of them lipsyncing...

Comment

• Juju’s thermostat line was one of my favourites from Snatch Game ever! Hilarious!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                            Using the word "real" in a sentence like that is something that gets used very often, isn't it? Anyways, it wasn't supposed to be shade towards Shea, but I really think Juju was better in the Snatch Game. Even re-watched the Snatch Game yesterday and laughed so hard at Juju, but didn't at Shea. The thermostad joke alone has to be one of the funniest lines ever in Snatch Game herstory.
                            Yeah, the words "real" and "robbed" are often used in Drag Race fandom, but they can read as dismissive to other queens.

I actually agree that Juju had funnier jokes than Shea. It was like Bianca/Ben in S6 where I think Bianca had the funnier one-liners, but Ben was also a worthy winner and probably got the challenge win for nailing the look and impersonation better than Bianca did. I guess it comes down to what people value overall. Juju came with the zingers, but Shea was also funny and knocked the look out of the park as well. And Flava Flav is a pretty big character to take on as well.

I guess when it's a fairly close call, "real" and "robbed" are strange terms to use.

Comment

• ^ Ok, I give Shea that. Her doing Flava Flav was way more different, probably more difficult and more spot on than Juju doing Eartha Kitt, where we could argue that Juju herself would've delivered some similar one liners without being in that character, while Shea was 100% Flava.

Comment

• Love the IG jump for Juju!
                                2019 Year End Charts: The 20/20 Experience

Comment

• Really looking forward to this weeks episode - finally a sewing challenge!

Going by track record, Alexis or Blair would be the next to go. But Blair is a runway queen, so she may do well in a sewing challenge... Same for Cracker and Shea, who both already put on some strong runways.

I‘m actually really happy with that Top5. A shame it‘s not the same format with a Top2 each week. Going by that, Alexis and Blair would have had some wins as well.

Comment

• Ok, so Blair will drop her second album "Identity" and Juju her second EP "Good Juju" on the 21st July. Blair will be featured on Juju's EP as well. Love that!

Also, is it just me or is Blair like the Naomi of this season, except that Naomi at least had a win and Blair hasn't (so far).

...and, last but not least, Bebe Rexha will be the guest judge this week!!

Comment

• How many episodes to go? I’m sure we’ll have a returning queen episode?

Comment

• I think it’s just an 8 episode season so doubt they’ll return in a competing capacity anyway

Comment

• Originally posted by westhammer View Post
                                          I think it’s just an 8 episode season so doubt they’ll return in a competing capacity anyway
                                          Only 8? That seems short. The last two I think had 10 Eps!

Comment

• 1,166k - Shea Couleé (+16k)
                                            1,089k - Miz Cracker (+5k)
                                            801k - Blair St. Clair (+5k)
                                            772k - Jujubee (+32k)
                                            423k - Ongina (9th, +4k)
                                            414k - Derrick Barry (10th, +0k)
                                            359k - Mayhem Miller (7th, +0k)
                                            314k - Alexis Mateo (+6k)
                                            138k - Mariah Balenciaga (8th, +1k)
                                            104k - India Ferrah (6th, +2k)

Compared to Monday morning (around four and a half days ago). Excited for the next episode!
                                            Jujubee increased by even more followers through this week than in the previous update. I really, really hope she does well in the remaining challenges, because I would love her as a winner the most at this point.

Comment

• Good episode, but... who is coming up with those challenges? So we finally had a ball / sewing challenge and this is the theme they are coming up with for All Stars? There could / should have been more.

Anyways. I think none of the girls did bad in this challenge. I also think Cracker was a deserved winner overall. Her first runway was the best IMO, her second wasn't too outstanding, but very well done and polished. Her lip sync was good, too.

Alexis getting eliminated was expected. Though I actually liked her in this episode. The wig reveal destroyed the first runway a bit IMO and the bottom of her second runway was a bit messy, but the top looked gorgeous!

Kinda awkward how they talked so much about India, they talked more about her than she got screentime in S3

Also enjoyed how they basically agreed about Shea & Juju not really being in the bottom. I liked that mentality. And Juju's dress was very nice!

Next week stand up comedy challenge, so another challenge for Cracker, but Juju should do well too.

By the way, without that new twist of all non-top queens being in the bottom, Juju would have been the only queen that never landed in the bottom at this point. I kinda feel like Cracker is getting the winner edit but I somehow don't see her as a winner, the fandom also isn't crazy about her. It's more between Shea and Juju. Oh and Shea is so nice to everyone and probably has the best outfits out of drag in ALL seasons!

So... Blair must be next to go and we will get a Top3 this time?

Comment

• I'm not agreeing with almost any judging this season

Comment

• Alexis Mateo leaving before Blair St. Clair is...bleh. I thought Alexis's first look completely missed the theme, whereas Blair's was probably the best of the first set of runways. Blair's second was a big miss, though, and I really liked Alexis's ambition on the second look. Alexis had the stronger scorecard, too, so it was likely the residual India drama that sent her home. But, yeah, I'm not impressed at all with Alexis going home. She is drag excellence!

I hated Cracker's first look, but her second was terrific! Jujubee's first was okay and her second was good. Shea's first one was good; her second was also good, but a weird choice for me. I'm okay with Cracker taking the win this week.

Loved seeing Roxxxy back as the lip-sync assassin. For me, she is also drag excellence.

Comment

• I really didn't love sheas second look. Like at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                                      Good episode, but... who is coming up with those challenges? So we finally had a ball / sewing challenge and this is the theme they are coming up with for All Stars? There could / should have been more.
                                                      My exact thoughts So, I have to be honest, but Drag Race is slowly losing it for me ... A friend introduced me to it in 2017 with season 9, which I loved, and afterwards I watched all seasons back-to-back including All Stars. Of course, I realized that production was getting heavier and messier with time, but even AS3 and AS4 had their highs, when at the same time the jury vote in AS3 and double-crowning in AS4 left me disappointed. While I did love some queens of S12, I wasn't feeling the "vibe" anymore, if that makes any sense. I hoped it would be an exception, but the weird vibe of S12 translated into AS5 directly. I just can't at these challenges.

Another comedy challenge next week? Where's the makeover challenge? This has become a scripted comedy mess!

I'd rather have AS3 or AS4 shenanigans leaving me sad about Shangela not making it Top 2 and not having a true AS4 winner - at least there was something I was able to be emotional about! I don't know about AS5, it's just ... there.

But yeah, looks like they're doing a Top 3 finale this time around.

Honestly, it's a chance that Drag Race probably won't be produced for some time, so they can take a rest and reassess. There's no AS6 planned either way right?

Comment

• I enjoyed this weeks episode a lot. It did irk me that there was another comedy element with the first runway but whatever, it was funny.

I disagree with the judging. Blair was very good with both runways, Sheas first was a miss for me, Alexis was probably the worst. Cracker probably deserved her win - she’s so hard to like this time around, it’s impossible to know who
                                                        she is or relate to her

I dislike everyone being in the bottom, it’s stupid. Blair is obviously next to go with a Roast challenge.

This season is so by numbers it’s dull af

Comment

• queen

Comment

• Originally posted by westhammer View Post
                                                            I enjoyed this weeks episode a lot. It did irk me that there was another comedy element with the first runway but whatever, it was funny.

I disagree with the judging. Blair was very good with both runways, Sheas first was a miss for me, Alexis was probably the worst. Cracker probably deserved her win - she’s so hard to like this time around, it’s impossible to know who
                                                            she is or relate to her

I dislike everyone being in the bottom, it’s stupid. Blair is obviously next to go with a Roast challenge.

This season is so by numbers it’s dull af
                                                            Didn't Blair win the reading challenge? She might surprise us

Comment

• westhammer
                                                              westhammer commented
                                                              Editing a comment
                                                              She did! I would be very shocked if she wins

• Damn Cracker is bad a lip sync’s. Roxxxie was hilarious and even though I didn’t like her previously; it was great to see her back. Cracker to me just seems to consistently do a Lady Gaga impression even down to her ‘lipsync outfits.’ I remember when it was her vs Aquaria and it was always as if Cracker had so much more to give yet Aquaria was then and is now miles ahead in terms of range and diversity.

its a shame to see Alexis go. I would much rather it be between her,Shea and Juju for the final 3.

Comment

Working...
                                                            X