RuPaul’s Drag Race: All Stars 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More than happy, I am relieved.
    Jujubee served the most incredible look tonight tho.

So glad that it's over tho.
    5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• I'm happy with Shea winning this, she slayed the competition. I can't lie though i'd be happier if Juju won. Well, at least Miz Cracker didn't win, she looked like a cheap Gaga impersonator most of the time.
      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• I’m mad we got a double crowning on AS4, cause it would have been the perfect outcome for this one.
        5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Yeah this was much more deserving of a double crowning

I get why Shea won but I haven’t been this disappointed about a crowning for a while (except for AS4 I guess). Juju really held her own in the challenge, won the runway by a solid margin and was as good as (if not better) then Shea in the lip sync.

Oh well

Comment

• Happy that Shea won, but even happier that this season is over! There were some great moments, but it was rough this time 'round.
            Akini's Top 100 Artists of the Decade: [#2]

Comment

• Congrats Shea. Let's forget AS5 now.
              I have received many gifts from God,
              but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
                Congrats Shea. Let's forget AS5 now.
                Let’s forget All Stars altogether.

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post

Let’s forget All Stars altogether.
                  Actually we can. All but AS2. That one was one of the best seasons.

Comment

• What was that phone call all about from last week.

Love that all the queens returned and did a runway. Knew Shea would win. But Juju is my queen.
                    LJC--->>

Comment

• Originally posted by LJC123 View Post
                      What was that phone call all about from last week.
                      Every queen coming back.

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Happy Shea won! But the season was so weak overall.. quite a boring one.

Comment

• Yes Shea. Absolutely phenomenal. Clap Back is one of my favourite performances ever. The top 3 really killed it. Although it was a lacklustre season. Last nights episode was one of the best finale’s.
                            "What goes around comes back around my baby"

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
                              Congrats Shea. Let's forget AS5 now.
                              This haha.

Shea was a deserved winner for sure but Jujubee was my favourite of the season.

Not sure what Cracker was trying to do with those boob cones...

Comment

• LOVE+FEAR ​​​​​​on a reading binge of this thread.

What did you think of the season?

Comment

• beredy LMAO

I didn’t want to write anything, but you asking so kindly, let’s go.

I have expressed earlier that I might be ‘over’ DR for a while. The final episodes of AS5 didn’t change my feeling.

Trying to point out the good and aaall the bad:

+ cast was alright, especially since it’s AS5
                                  + Snatch Game
                                  + strong and actual Top 3 instead of a Top 4 just for the sake of it
                                  + deserving winner
                                  + Clap Back is fine
                                  + Jujubee existing
                                  - AS5 came to soon, I know Corona might keep us from getting another season soon, but it’s an overkill
                                  - challenge diversity, too much comedy, no makeover
                                  - baaaaadly written challenge scripts
                                  - lip sync assassins aka queens available in LA
                                  - random lip sync songs and suspicious assassin performances at times
                                  - all queens being in the bottom except for the winner
                                  - Cracker talking heads and lip sync pirouettes

AS1 is so long gone and I can’t recall my feeling (probably for all the right reasons), AS3 and 4 had heart breaking moments but at least I had emotions, this time around I didn’t even care and that’s not a good sign.

Please reset everything for S13, wait some years for AS6 and give us a good DRUK2.
                                  Last edited by LOVE+FEAR; Sun July 26, 2020, 16:17.
                                  2019 Year End Charts: The 20/20 Experience

Comment

• I pretty much agree with your summary as a whole.

Comment

• I just remembered Untucked of AS1 episode 1, that alone was better than complete AS5

Does anyone know Muniz on YouTube? His DR ruprise cuts leave me gagging. You have to click the unlisted YouTube links in the description of the previews to watch them (for copyright reasons).

https://www.youtube.com/c/VictorMuniz1

Comment

• Thriller I couldn’t have said it better myself..

Shea deserved the win but Jujubee was my favorite. AS5 could’ve benefited from a tie rather than AS4. Still a solid season and was fun to watch.

Comment

• It's a shame AS5 did so little for Cracker. She actually did a pretty good job this season.

Originally posted by LOVE+FEAR View Post
                                          I just remembered Untucked of AS1 episode 1, that alone was better than complete AS5

Does anyone know Muniz on YouTube? His DR ruprise cuts leave me gagging. You have to click the unlisted YouTube links in the description of the previews to watch them (for copyright reasons).

https://www.youtube.com/c/VictorMuniz1
                                          Yes, they slay!
                                          Akini's Top 100 Artists of the Decade: [#2]

Comment

• ^ Thanks for sharing! I already noticed Cracker didn't really get many new followers through the whole season, while Juju got tons of new ones since the Snatch Game especially. With that said, Shea got 94k followers in slightly less than six days, so the title got her lots of new followers, too. Up to the final, Jujubee had the biggest increase of all contestants.

Anyways, on to the final. It was pretty good, easily one of the best episodes of the whole season. Glad they brought the former contestants back without shenanigans. They should have got more air time during "Clapback", but the highlight of the episode was CLEARLY the runway. Seeing ALL of them doing the final runway was such a brilliant idea and they should do that every time! Derrick looked absolutely gorgeous, Blair killed the runway. And Oh my... Juju's runway SLAYED. Wasn't too much of a fan of Shea's runway but to be fair, I was underwhelmed with basically every runway she did except the Skin you're in challenge.

Also good how the girls talked about what happened during the season and it was actually funny. Especially the part where Derrick wasn't involved Untucked was so good, too! I wish we could have seen this Derrick during S8 or the first episode of AS5, because I really enjoyed Derrick this time. And I still need the sweater he's wearing in the confessionals.

The "Clapback" video was... ok? The song is nice, but somehow I expected more from the performance. Especially by Cracker and Juju, Shea obviously killed it. If Juju would have been able to outshine Shea, I think she could have snatched the crown, but the performance and how the judges (and so many other people) loved her runway, that final episode really solidified Shea's deserved victory. Cracker's lipsync outfit alone killed all chances of winning the title, what was she thinking?

Juju is definitely among there with Alyssa, Shangela and Manila as no-winning legends of RPDR.

Comment

• Absolutely agree, I feel like Juju and Shangela are more beloved though?

Comment

Working...
                                              X