The Haunting Of Hill House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Haunting Of Hill House

Omg is anybody watching this? Scariest thing I’ve watched in a very long time!

The casting and performances are top notch as well.

Great show!
    LJC--->>

I just finished it. Was really good, scary too!!!!

Annoying cause it’ll will almost definitely be a one off season.

Comment

^I read somewhere that they may continue the haunting theme with different settings and characters. Anyway, one of the best horror shows ever!
      When we lose what we love
      Don't think anything will ever taste the same
      Don't think anything will ever feel as good again

Comment

Just finished it. A truly excellent series! Fudging loved it

Comment

Re: The Haunting Of Hill House

I hate horror so I won’t be watching this, but I just saw the trailer and it looked pretty good, as far has horror goes.
          Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

#FreeBritney

Comment

I liked this show overall but the final episode was extremely slow and almost anti-climactic with regards to the buildup of the previous one.
            Everything, it only fades...

Comment

I really enjoyed this until...

[spoiler:g2kyj6oy]Nelly was revealed as the bent neck lady herself.[/spoiler:g2kyj6oy]
              Then it got really confusing for me - the ending was an anti-climax for sure.

Comment

Re: The Haunting Of Hill House

It’s been a while since I watched episode 4. It’s fine so far but I don’t find myself eagerly wanting to watch the next episode

Comment

I'm quite late to the party, just watched this after repeteadly receiving recommendations to watch it for the last 3 months so I finally decided to give it a chance.

Such a beautiful production. . great acting, superb direction, excellent well crafted story, remarkable artistic direction, and sophisticated cinemetography. It basically excelled in every aspect.

While this is labeled as "horror", I'd say this is way more than just an horror show, It's a great deep story and I think it's more drama than horror overall, It's very dramatic and touching.

The first 2 or 3 episodes are more about thrills, and mystery in an introductory way but from episode 4 onwards it turns into a poignant drama with episode 6 being the ultimate masterpiece out of the 10 episodes. The way they combined horror with poignant elements was executed perfectly.

Easily one of the best horror stories I've ever seen / known / heard about.
                  Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                  Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

Yeah, I forgot to post here about it

I was blown away by this show... Finale was a bit too long and not really necessary, but overall, one of the best shows/seasons I have seen last few years. Probably the best one since S1 of HTGAWM.

I wouldn't classify this as horror show, it was much more than that. It was deep, emotional, thrilling.

Cast was amazing, old ones, kids... The first time I didn't hated seeing kids in tv show I wanted to hug kid Luke everytime he was on.

I only watched one episode per week, so you can imagine how thrilling it was for me to wait for red room reveal, and what the hell happened that night...

Comment

I've kept meaning to watch this for ages but I've put it off so many times. I'm a huge fan of horror and I've heard so many great things about it from everyone I know, and it seems like everybody here thinks the same. I need to put it on my agenda to watch it soon.

Comment

I really enjoyed this. I found the last episode slightly disappointing but defo an enjoyable show
                        Love you like a love song!

Comment

Originally posted by Westen View Post
                          Yeah, I forgot to post here about it

I was blown away by this show... Finale was a bit too long and not really necessary, but overall, one of the best shows/seasons I have seen last few years. Probably the best one since S1 of HTGAWM.

I wouldn't classify this as horror show, it was much more than that. It was deep, emotional, thrilling.

Cast was amazing, old ones, kids... The first time I didn't hated seeing kids in tv show I wanted to hug kid Luke everytime he was on.

I only watched one episode per week, so you can imagine how thrilling it was for me to wait for red room reveal, and what the hell happened that night...
                          My favorite characters were Theo and Luke. Nell comes 3rd.

The entire cast did an amazing job tho.

Originally posted by Yoshie View Post
                          I've kept meaning to watch this for ages but I've put it off so many times. I'm a huge fan of horror and I've heard so many great things about it from everyone I know, and it seems like everybody here thinks the same. I need to put it on my agenda to watch it soon.
                          You should definitely put it on your agenda, you won't be disappointed.

You'll see one of the best things that has happened to the horror genre it takes it to the next level, It added feelings, meaning and emotions into a haunting horror tale, such an beautiful, sad and touching show. Some people have actually dropped tears in some episodes and the show has received universal acclaim.
                          Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                          Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

This was a great show. But people expecting horror probably need to know that horror is just a backdrop to explore family relations and life choices they made. It's not a show that runs on jump scares (has a couple of those of course, but nothing compared to your standard 90 min horror movie) or lots of deaths (but of course has some), it's much more family oriented - and IMHO that's its greatest strength as the horror setup is pretty basic (your usual haunted house with a couple of secrets thrown in).
                            I have received many gifts from God,
                            but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Just announced that season 2 is coming in 2020

Comment

Originally posted by jason2379 View Post
                                Just announced that season 2 is coming in 2020
                                Hmmm. Are the same characters involved? I'm not sure how I feel about this. I think show was perfect as it was in season 1.

This should become anthology series

Comment

Creators mentioned earlier two possible directions for season 2 - exploring the origins of the house or the haunthing theme with different characters.

Comment

Yeah I don't think Season 2 will involve the same characters.

Comment

Season 2 will be named ‘The Haunting of Bly Manor’ and will not feature the same characters and a completely different story.

Comment

While I think that following a complete different story and cast for season 2 is a great move I doubt they could be able to surpass or even match the excellence of the first season, the bar was set too high.

Comment

Teaser has been released

It contains quote from Henry James' The Turn of the Screw, so that's where the season 2 is taking us I suppose.

Comment

I hope they keep the cast...

2020 tho, that's too late

Comment

I'm currently in the middle of watching this and it's sooo good! Already my second favourite Netflix series ever after 'The Crown'.

Little Luke and Nell are so adorable I wanna adopt them (and I usually don't like kids).
                                              My YouTube Channel - The best songs of the 80s, 90s and 2000s

Comment

Yea I saw it.. I dont know... I liked Flanagans Oculus more.. It was unnecesarily too complex and it didnt make any sense :( for example SPOILER ALERT: that whole story build around bend neck lady was indicating it will be important. It turned out that bend neck lady is Nell...my question is "why?". This question basically haunted me the whole season.. I liked none of the leading characters except Theo. I was on her side the whole time and Kate Siegel is brilliant actress.
                                                After Theo and Shirley were "ambushed" by Nells pissed off ghost(?) in the car and Theo went out and started to crying and explaining it was the most emotional scene! And speaking of the nells "ambush" it was the most scariest jump scare and scare in general in this season bcs it was so unexpected!
                                                Also I liked the long scenes without cut in episode called "Two Storms".
                                                Life is my dancefloor.

Comment

Originally posted by Benny View Post
                                                  I'm currently in the middle of watching this and it's sooo good! Already my second favourite Netflix series ever after 'The Crown'.

Little Luke and Nell are so adorable I wanna adopt them (and I usually don't like kids).
                                                  I finished watching the show and after loving the first half where every episode focused on one of the 5 children, the second half was rather boring, as it dragged on forever. I almost fell asleep during the last episode.
                                                  My YouTube Channel - The best songs of the 80s, 90s and 2000s

Comment

Working...
                                                  X