No announcement yet.

The Haunting Of Hill House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A reminder that this is flawless and remains art.
    Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
    Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

Shame we're not getting S2 this year, S1 blew my mind last year, the best show I've watched in recent years.

Comment

I was thinking of watching this
        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
          I was thinking of watching this
          You really should! It's very multifaceted and very well done. Great characters, outstanding atmosphere, good story and also intensely scary at times.

Comment

Season 2 out next month!
            LJC--->>

Comment

I am gonna start this tonight, I am not really a series guy but will give this a go !

Comment

Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                I am gonna start this tonight, I am not really a series guy but will give this a go !
                It's good. I hope you enjoy it. My partner used to be like you until I literally forced him to watch Series after series of different shows
                Love you like a love song!

Comment

Prepared to be spooked! Hehe
                  LJC--->>

Comment

Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post

It's good. I hope you enjoy it. My partner used to be like you until I literally forced him to watch Series after series of different shows
                    Thanks, didn't get to start it yet maybe tonight!

My main issue with these series are I watch too many episodes together and get bored! If this series was on TV it would probably air once a week or something.

Comment

Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post

Ok, so I have watched the first 4 episodes of this. It's good, I am enjoying it, but I don't find it remotely scary lol.

Comment

The Haunting of Bly Manor has premiered on Netflix today!

Synopsis from Wikipedia:
                        "The story tells of a young governess hired by a man to look after his niece and nephew at the family country house after they fall into his care. Arriving at the Bly estate, she begins to see apparitions that proceed to haunt the premises."
                        My YouTube Channel - The best songs of the 80s, 90s and 2000s

Comment

I’m half way through the 4th episode and honestly I am fairly disappointed

Comment

Ooooh no really
                            LJC--->>

Comment

Originally posted by jason2379 View Post
                              I’m half way through the 4th episode and honestly I am fairly disappointed
                              I've just finished episode 4 and I couldn't be enjoying it more.

Comment

Never seen S1 (if you can call it like that) but binge watched S2 over the weekend. I enjoyed it, it got a bit boring around the middle of the series but the ending made up for it.

Comment

It picked up at the end but as a whole it was boring and slow. There was too much backstory about characters we didn’t care about and it wasn’t scary. They missed the mark for me with this one, they could have done so much more with what they had.
                                  Last edited by jason2379; Mon October 12, 2020, 16:00.

Comment

Originally posted by jason2379 View Post
                                    It picked up at the end but as a whole it was boring and slow. There was too much backstory about characters we didn’t care about and it wasn’t scary. They missed the mark for me with this one, they could have done so much more with what they had.
                                    I agree. I havent actually gotten past episode 4 cos i forgot about this. And I did not find it remotely scary. I dont get how people were saying this is terrifying !! That was Season 1, episodes 10.

I also see The Haunting of hill house Season 2 with 9 episodes as well as The Haunting of Bly manor season 1 also with 9.

??
                                    Last edited by InFamous; Tue October 13, 2020, 03:25.

Comment

Just finished S2. As a whole, it’s really good, great full circle ending which had me tearing up, Sheryl Crow - I Shall Believe was featured which is one of my favourite songs and it was used perfectly.

its not as strong or as scary as S1 but it’s still really good.

Comment

Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post
                                        Just finished S2. As a whole, it’s really good, great full circle ending which had me tearing up, Sheryl Crow - I Shall Believe was featured which is one of my favourite songs and it was used perfectly.

its not as strong or as scary as S1 but it’s still really good.
                                        I cried so hard when the Sheryl song came on and ... I really felt the pain when old Jamie was waiting for her at the end... It was heartbreaking.
                                        My Chart

Comment

Originally posted by stevyy View Post

I cried so hard when the Sheryl song came on and ... I really felt the pain when old Jamie was waiting for her at the end... It was heartbreaking.
                                          Hello. SPOILER tags please. Some of us have to watch this yet.

Comment

My Chart

Comment

The spoiler policy is here. While it might be a courtesy, the episode already aired, so it's not required to include a spoiler.

Comment

I don’t think S2 was as strong or better than S1 (“Hill House” was just another level) however I still think “Bly Manor” was solid enough.

Two very different shows though. While the first season was a horror drama hybrid this second season was more of a mystery / supernatural romance story.

The first few episodes were ok, there were a couple in the middle that were too slow paced and it does get quite boring at some parts but it definitely picks up again towards the final episodes. I liked the nature of the haunting and I think the ending was sad, pretty and gentle at the same time.

Overall the show was sophisticated with good cinematography and I have to praise Victoria Pedretti’s (who played Dani) acting on this show, she really gave a stellar performance, particularly for the final episode.

Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                                Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post

The spoiler policy is here. While it might be a courtesy, the episode already aired, so it's not required to include a spoiler.
                                                  Thank you so much for the clarification. I was not aware prior to this.

Comment

I stopped watching 'Bly Manor' after episode 6. After a promising start, the show became very confusing. I didn't know if the characters were having flashbacks, dreams or hallucinations.
                                                    My YouTube Channel - The best songs of the 80s, 90s and 2000s

Comment

Working...
                                                    X