The Haunting Of Hill House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Benny View Post
    I stopped watching 'Bly Manor' after episode 6. After a promising start, the show became very confusing. I didn't know if the characters were having flashbacks, dreams or hallucinations.
    Everything is explained and comes full circle, surely you could have figured that out…

Comment

idgi.. so we're not getting a real sequel for hill house?

Comment

Originally posted by Rihab View Post
        idgi.. so we're not getting a real sequel for hill house?
        No. And thank God because that one is already perfect as it was, it doesn’t need a sequel.

This is S2, but this is an anthology series meaning that each season will deal with a different “haunting” story.
        Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

I'm hella late to the party, but just this week I started watching Haunting of Hill House, after a bunch of friends recommended it.

Was anyone else underwhelmed by this?

Don't get me wrong, it looks stunning. The performances are strong. The production is legit. That episode with the long, camera-choreographed scenes was beautiful to watch. Thin Hat Man was creepy. Bent Neck Lady was creepy too.

But there was something that didn't click for me, and I think it's ultimately because I found the characters.... blah. They're all dark, depressive and moody. They're all impacted by trauma, I get this, but none of it is their fault... They are perpetual victims and there's not a single moment of levity, or lightness to break up the somber mood.

I read an article that suggested this was what S1 of AHS wished it could be.... but the big difference is, in that show, I rooted for the characters, even the ones that took questionable actions. And at least some comedic moments to even it out.

TLDR; It's beautiful and depressing and kinda boring.
          Baaaaad relationship??
          The lyric video for my new single TRIP THE ALARM here!

♬ Keen addictions, between afflictions, I guess I had it coming...

Comment

Originally posted by Rawiri James View Post
            Nope.
            Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

Originally posted by Rawiri James View Post
              I'm hella late to the party, but just this week I started watching Haunting of Hill House, after a bunch of friends recommended it.

Don't get me wrong, it looks stunning. The performances are strong. The production is legit. That episode with the long, camera-choreographed scenes was beautiful to watch. Thin Hat Man was creepy. Bent Neck Lady was creepy too.

But there was something that didn't click for me, and I think it's ultimately because I found the characters.... blah. They're all dark, depressive and moody. They're all impacted by trauma, I get this, but none of it is their fault... They are perpetual victims and there's not a single moment of levity, or lightness to break up the somber mood.

I read an article that suggested this was what S1 of AHS wished it could be.... but the big difference is, in that show, I rooted for the characters, even the ones that took questionable actions. And at least some comedic moments to even it out.

TLDR; It's beautiful and depressing and kinda boring.
              I haven't gotten past episode 4 of the first series yet. And I definitely think people raved about it too much. I mean, so far it's watchable, but definitely not at all terrifying like some have said here. I would say it is good but definitely nothing extraordinary. I was expecting a lot more from it.

Comment

“Hill House” is more than just horror. It’s actually a drama.

Comment

And so far I have been underwhelmed. Just cos you loved it doesn't mean everyone else has to.

OT - I may just go straight to Bly Manor next week.
                  Last edited by InFamous; Sun October 18, 2020, 17:40.

Comment

Working...
                  X