Last Christmas [2019]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Christmas [2019]

The legacy of Wham's timeless favourite Last Christmas is set to continue with a new movie slated for release in 2019 – and there are previously unheard George Michael songs on the way too.

Inspired by Wham's 1984 hit – which is still the biggest selling song never to get to Number 1 in the UK – romantic comedy Last Christmas will star Emilia Clarke, who plays Daenerys in Game of Thrones, and Crazy Rich Asians' Henry Golding, and is being written by Oscar winner Emma Thompson.

It's understood George Michael was involved in the film's early development and had given the idea his blessing before his death on Christmas Day in 2016. The movie's soundtrack is reported to heavily feature George Michael songs, both classics and new tracks that have been so far unreleased.

Set in London, Last Christmas is expected in cinemas in November 2019 and if it's anything like Wham's classic Christmas tearjerker, it's going to be emotional.
    As a huge George fan I’m looking forward to this and hearing some new material!
    THRILLER’S SOUNDS OF THE 90s

Re: Last Christmas [2019]

I wonder if the song will finally get the Christmas #1 spot as a result?
    M08T10

Comment

Last Christmas [2019]

Emilia Clarke (HBO’s Game of Thrones), Henry Golding (A Simple Favor, Crazy Rich Asians), Michelle Yeoh and Emma Thompson star for director Paul Feig (A Simple Favor, Spy, Bridesmaids) in the romantic comedy Last Christmas, with a screenplay by Academy Award® winner Thompson (Sense and Sensibility, Bridget Jones’s Baby) and playwright Bryony Kimmings.

Kate (Emilia Clarke) harumphs around London, a bundle of bad decisions accompanied by the jangle of bells on her shoes, another irritating consequence from her job as an elf in a year-round Christmas shop. Tom (Henry Golding) seems too good to be true when he walks into her life and starts to see through so many of Kate’s barriers. As London transforms into the most wonderful time of the year, nothing should work for these two. But sometimes, you gotta let the snow fall where it may, you gotta listen to your heart.

Last Christmas features the music of George Michael, including the bittersweet holiday classic of the film’s title. The film will also premiere brand new unreleased material by the legendary Grammy-winning artist, who sold more than 115 million albums and recorded 10 No. 1 singles over the course of his iconic career.

The film is produced by BAFTA winner David Livingstone for Calamity Films, by Emma Thompson, and by Paul Feig and Jessie Henderson for Feigco Entertainment. The film is executive produced by Sarah Bradshaw.

Get those streams George to make you have the number 1 song this Christmas.

Comment

Yes, a new George Michael song! Can't wait.
        My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

The trailer doesn't make it look amazing, but I'll reserve judgement until its released.
          Love you like a love song!

Comment

I liked the movie, the characters were nice, didnt like the storyline - the reason why Tom came into Kates life ... Emilia was cute, Henry is freaking handsome.
            nekoo.cz - follow me

Comment

I loved it! It’s been savaged by critics but they’re expecting too much, it’s a classic British light-hearted Christmas flick. I almost cried at the reveal.

Emma Thompson was the stand out for me.

Comment

Has anyone seen this?

Comment

The cameo in that scene was a great touch.

Comment

I must give this a go, can’t beat a camp Christmas film - the Brits do them so well.

Comment

Working...
                    X