too much drag race now, uk show, us season 12 n as5. let us breathe ru
    we fell dangerously in love, confronted resentment
    questioned our sweet dreams. began the countdown
    held onto blue, survived the love drought
    and realised we're part of something bigger

Comment

Comment

OMG, Cheryl Hole is in the show.
        I met Luke (Cheryl Hole) back in 2016 in line for Rihanna's Anti Tour in London.
        He was sooo nice.
        "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

OFFICIAL CAST:

Baga Chipz
          29 | London

Blu Hydrangea
          23 | Belfast

Divina De Campo
          35 | West Yorkshire

Crystal
          34 | London

Sum Ting Wong
          30 | Birmingham

Cheryl Hole
          25 | Essex

Gothy Kendoll
          21 | Leicester

Vinegar Strokes
          35 | London

Scaredy Kat
          20 | Wiltshire

The Vivienne
          27 | Liverpool

Comment

Ok so The Vivienne I know fairly well, she used to work at Sparkles in Gran Canaria and was pretty good, last I heard she was “the UK ambassador for RuPauls Drag Race”, I was never quite sure what that meant but it seems she already has a connection with the show, Baga Chipz I know of but do t think I’ve ever seen her, there’s a couple I’ve seen on TV before and the two that mentioned Leeds I have to say I have never heard of either. All in all they feel pretty amateur, I felt like I was watching big brother audition tapes. Where was my big busty washed up old hag?
            1 pnau |2 Gabrielle Aplin |3 Dotter|4 Sofi Tukker |5 Afrojack

Comment

Instantly recognized Baga Chipz, The Vivienne and Sum Ting Wong.

I like Baga Chipz on Drag Queens of London, that trashy reality show a few years ago. Surprised they did not cast Meth first. Probably saving her for future seasons? I remember The Vivienne winning that UK representative thing and appeared in an episode on the US version, Season 8 iirc? She seems very confident now. I love that they already have a Chinese/Vietnamese representative in the form of Sum Ting Wong. I know she could sing and I hope she does not mess up if we get a singing challenge.

Don't know the rest but watching the intro videos, it seems like Cheryl Hole and Divina De Campo are strong competitions. Scaredy Kat looks like the token queen with anxiety that RuPaul will will have that discussion about inner saboteur or that newbie that will mess up the sewing challenge.

Comment

I like Scardey Kat! Yeah, I think she will be one of the first out but I think she can grow. Why does Vinegar Stroke look a whole mess? Why only one black queen? My money is on Gothy Kendoll.

Comment

Woop for Cheryl Hole. I am most definitely rooting for her. Quite surprised to see so few non-white queens though, would have hoped and expected to see a better representation.
                  i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging

Comment

I’m surprised there’s nobody from Scotland or Wales

Comment

I know of Blu because Belfast is such a small place. Worked with Baga when I was a barman and she worked in Bradford. She's lovely. I'm excited for her. I also know of Divina as she works with a few drag friends of mine in Manchester.

All in all I'm fairly impressed.
                      Love you like a love song!

Comment

Really love the line-up! Style-wise it looks like a quite a mixed bag, which is good. Wish there was a few more queens of colour on the show because the UK is so diverse and would love to see a bit more variety in that respect.

Rooting for Essex queen Cheryl Hole - I've seen her host drag nights in Essex and she really holds the room well and is a fantastic performer. Definitely could be a lip sync assassin as she said. Not sure what her runways will be like because she's only really known for wearing outfits that she can perform easily in, but we'll see!

Comment

I’ve known James/TheVivienne for about 10 years. He’s an absolutely incredible make up artist and very funny. He was the drag ambassador for RPDR for years but I don’t know how that’s translated. I’m pretty sure she’ll win this if it’s as rigged as the US version.

I really think this will *flop* and become rebranded ad a UK special.
                          "What goes around comes back around my baby"

Comment

Yaaasssss
                            5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

RuPaul not in maxi dress shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
                                RuPaul not in maxi dress shocker
                                Have you missed couple of last seasons? Ru has been doing legs for a while now.
                                I have received many gifts from God,
                                but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

I don’t see it being a flop at all!

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                                    Me either

Comment

Nope. This will be a hit for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by jason2379 View Post
                                        Nope. This will be a hit for sure!
                                        Exactly. There's been a lot of hype around it. I've seen it posted everywhere.

Comment

I mean after this season but we’ll see.
                                          "What goes around comes back around my baby"

Comment

Look At Me by Geri needs to be a lipsync song.

Comment

Yes please!
                                              I have received many gifts from God,
                                              but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Yes they better go with UK cheesy pop songs, I’m here for some Sabrina Washington

Comment

Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
                                                  Yes they better go with UK cheesy pop songs, I’m here for some Sabrina Washington
                                                  LOL and Hev of course, the Proud dance remix.

I hope we get Girls Aloud instead of Cheryl.

Comment

LOL and Hev of course, the Proud dance remix.

I hope we get Girls Aloud instead of Cheryl.
                                                    I'd love a girls aloud one, but I suspect it will be either call my name or fight.

Comment

That bagz of Chips person is trash. Queers supporting queer deportation? Can't relate.
                                                      be kind to every kind (also the unkind kind!!!!! )

Comment

No one really stood out in the Meet the Queens feature, but I'll definitely be watching this.
                                                        Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [100-96]

Comment

Originally posted by Serby View Post
                                                          That bagz of Chips person is trash. Queers supporting queer deportation? Can't relate.

What’s this?

Comment

So it premieres on October 3rd.
                                                            5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

I might watch this - would be my first time watching a RuPaul show.

I know of a couple of the queens.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X