No announcement yet.

RuPaulís Drag Race UK [Season 1]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does it have a chance at debuting in the top 40 singles? Mid week’s still come out on Monday right?

Comment

• Itís Top 20 as per Sunday midweek!

Also how good was Jade as guest judge!
      You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

• Originally posted by westhammer View Post
        It’s Top 20 as per Sunday midweek!

Also how good was Jade as guest judge!
        Great! Yes, she was good! I liked that moment when she and Michelle sort of clashed when Jade had a different opinion (I think it was Crystal's runway look).

Comment

• Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
          Just out of curiosity. What Manchester queen's. I know a few and as I said have a few friends in common with Divina so just curious if you know any of my friends lol

Back to topic, I still wouldn't consider it a flop. Its doing well enough to get more series
          Hey, Ana Phalactic mainly said this and for me, she's pretty much one of the best queens that has all of 'Drag Race' attributes.
          "What goes around comes back around my baby"

Comment

• Originally posted by jason2379 View Post
            But this season is a ‘flop’.
            Yes, it is by expectation. Show me it isn't.

When an idiot like Megan McKenna can 'blow up' on iTunes from the former shadow of a reality show then this (whilst surprising) doesn't identify this show as a hit.

I loved the Frock Destroyers and your avid 'defence' of the show is great yet this isn't stan wars. I am expressing my opinion and you are expressing bitter sentiment at it.

I enjoy watching this show for what it is, a cheap knock off of the American version.

The prizes, the lack of exposure, the lack of skill (makeup, lipsync and creativity) have shown this.

Vivienne is from the old style of Lip Syncing, stand and mime to the sky. She is the favourite to win. Baga on the runway is like a Dawn French parody. She is also a favourite to win.

My perspective isn't about tearing these queens down but I do think they need a reality check. I even watched a cideo of Drag Con and TS Madison was in the same hotel as Vivienne, Viv acted like an icy cow towards her and this is what I think it boils down to for me.

The all around talent on the UK version just isn't there yet. Let's not make any excuses; these queens have had 10 years to get up to par. Yet when they start over hyping themselves, I get turned off. Cheryl Hole is deplorable for me. Crystal was good but a slightly more developed version of the atrocious (i'm straight then bisexual then just millennial) Scaredy Kat. Gothy Kendoll was practically a vapid nothing. Sum Ting and Vinegar had great personality but literally no clue on what to do. Blu is great at makeup yet poor on taste/style and personally the age jokes and 'I'm a young queen' are annoying. Baga chips is funny but more like a 90's drag queen. I can't tell how old she is or what she is great at apart from her foul mouth (which I love) her racism and opinions I don't. DDP is pretty good from what I see and reminds me of Alaska yet again, not on par with her. Yet I like the show for what it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by aaliyahman View Post
              Hey, Ana Phalactic mainly said this and for me, she's pretty much one of the best queens that has all of 'Drag Race' attributes.
              Amazing yeah my mutual friends with her are mostly Bradford Queens other than a couple of Manchester ones like Ginger Hunter
              Love you like a love song!

Comment

• Its fully not a flop.

Most of the sentiment I have seen is that this is one of the best seasons of all time of any of the Drag Race franchise, with possible exception of Thailand, and that this particular episode was one of the singles best DR episodes in literally years.

the girls may not become global superstars but this series is in so many ways a HUGE success.
                Check out my Top 100 of 2012 Countdown!

Comment

• I'm so in love with DDC! She's definitely one of my favourite queens to ever be on RPDR.

Comment

• Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
                    Amazing yeah my mutual friends with her are mostly Bradford Queens other than a couple of Manchester ones like Ginger Hunter
                    wow Great!! I haven't been out in Manchester for a while!

Comment

• Originally posted by king_oxymoron View Post
                      Its fully not a flop.

Most of the sentiment I have seen is that this is one of the best seasons of all time of any of the Drag Race franchise, with possible exception of Thailand, and that this particular episode was one of the singles best DR episodes in literally years.

the girls may not become global superstars but this series is in so many ways a HUGE success.
                      Where are you seeing this?

Comment

• ^Whats your evidence that itís flopped though?
                        You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

• Originally posted by westhammer View Post
                          ^Whats your evidence that it’s flopped though?
                          Nothing much about it in the UK press, their IG's have all stalled pretty much, they're still promoting local gigs in the back end of nowhere (and getting like 100 likes). Drag race is a cultural thing at this point and as I don't think it is 'a flop'. I was too harsh initially. It is what it is.

Comment

• I think it will take some time to catch on in the UK. Those Season 1 UK Queens don't have massive followings on social media either. I understand that Drag Race had 10 years of exposure in the US BUT drag may be a different beast in the UK.

Comment

• Tbh, this should be considered as a side project, holding this to the same standards of the US version is just impossible, also because this doesn't have a distribution as big and worldwide as the US show. I need to download the episodes illegally from my country, and I suppose it's like that for many others. However, we cannot expect the most casual fans that discovered the show through Netflix to tune in.

Comment

• Renewed for series 2!! BBC and WOW said its been a huge hit!

Comment

• I'm not sure why Aaliyahman is so intent on dragging the show down. Everyone I know who watches the US one is llvery much enjoying it. I even heard a bunch of gays on an upstairs balcony going on about it.

Happy that it's been renewed.
                                  Come Play: GUESS THE VIDEO!

Comment

• I still have visions of Frock Destroyers performing that song in my mind. I can't get it off my head, for reals.

Totally fell in love with Divina De Campo after that performance. I might be attracted to the way she performed. The whistle tone, the choreography she did and the runway lewk. She slayed my existence in that episode!

Comment

• Originally posted by aaliyahman View Post
                                      Nothing much about it in the UK press, their IG's have all stalled pretty much, they're still promoting local gigs in the back end of nowhere (and getting like 100 likes). Drag race is a cultural thing at this point and as I don't think it is 'a flop'. I was too harsh initially. It is what it is.
                                      But apparently I was the one being bitter by saying it wasn’t. K

Comment

• Good news on it being renewed! I hopefully by season 3 we get more polished queens! Anyone think they will bring back Gothy or Scardey Cat? I'd be here for a Gothy return on season 2.

Comment

• I'm betting on Scaredy to be brought back, provided that they see sufficient improvement from her by the time casting for season 2 ends

Comment

• Rupauls drag race UK has certainly not flopped.
                                            Baga Chipz done a few shows at London club Heaven and done a sold out show at Sapphires club in Blackpool last night.
                                            More good news, if not already mentioned above, season 2 of Drag Race UK has been confirmed.
                                            Rating are also in -
                                            Series 1 has achieved 6.5 million BBC IPlayer requests for the first five episodes, equals 1.3M IPlayer requests per episode so far. ( source - digital spy UK ratings thread)

Comment

• Season 2 was inevitable in my eyes! A friend of a friendís boyfriend () does drag as Jacqui Swallows, and was apparently approached to do season 1 but turned it down to wait for season 2... so we shall see if she appears.

ďOH ITíS FILTH DEARĒ I wish there was a way The Vivienne could do Kim Woodburn in full.

Some great runways this week, The Vivienne looked like Siobhan Fahey in Shakespears Sister. I loved Blu and Cherylís looks too.

Cheryl trying to act fierce against Michelle, forget it

Canít believe Baga was safe, that was such rigga morris to get Cheryl in the bottom two. It was obvious Cheryl would do Call My Name and win, poor Blu had no chance. Aww that hug...

Comment

• I feel so bad for Blu.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                                                  Can’t believe Baga was safe, that was such rigga morris to get Cheryl in the bottom two. It was obvious Cheryl would do Call My Name and win, poor Blu had no chance. Aww that hug...
                                                  Agreed! That hug was so sweet!

All the girls did well this week. Blu and Baga should've been the bottom two, but Cheryl delivered the best lip-sync of the season so I'm happy with that.

The Vivienne, Divina, and Baga would make a fabulous top three, any of whom would be a worthy champion.
                                                  Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [90-86]

Comment

• Finally great lip sync, well thanks to Cheryl
                                                    BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
                                                    YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

• I don't know how anyone could think Baga would be in the bottom? Her commercial was the funniest of them all, although her runway was a mess as usual. Also, was surprised they praised DDC's ad, sure it was polished, but it was boring.

Also! Dafuq is Michelle on about, who cares if a fake commercial for a fake brand of bottled water by a campy drag queen has a socially conscious message
                                                      Come Play: GUESS THE VIDEO!

Comment

• Michelle, she's an intern.
                                                        I have received many gifts from God,
                                                        but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by jason2379 View Post
                                                          But apparently I was the one being bitter by saying it wasn’t. K
                                                          You aren’t on drag race. Stop trying to interact with me like you are. It’s not it.

And [MENTION=19875]JimJim[/MENTION], I’m not intent on ‘dragging it’. I’m debating it’s impact based on the low quality of the majority of the queens vs the over rated reactions of ppl in this thread. Like others have said, it’s a fun side project and hopefully season 2 will have a higher standard. I do wish it would have moved back to Channel 4 so they could actually get prizes.

Yesterday’s show was one of the best. I love the advert challenges. DDP for me is the winner although Viv was true to my heart with the dumb scouse behaviour. I cannot forgive her not blending her neck blue or her hands. Blu’s look was my favourite by far. The makeup to the outfit. Flawless. Cheryl should have gone home easily, she literally has nothing to offer. It’s a shame the Riggamorris is alive in this version. Baga and Hole should have been bottom two. The reaction on twitter and Instagram is saying much the same.

Comment

• I found Bagaís commercial to be a 6/10 by her standards. It offered nothing new, was a bit all over the place and recycled jokes. Cherylís wasnít great either but Cherylís look meant that, for me, she was overall stronger this week than Baga.

I guess it was always written that Baga, Vivienne and DDC would be top 3.

Comment

• Lovely episode! Finally a great lipsync! I need to find that mix of Call My Name.

I loved Viv's look but I wish she painted her neck as well.

Cheryl ate that performance! This will come down to DDC vs Viv.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X