No announcement yet.

Aladdin (2019)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wasn't a Disney kid really, but Aladdin was my favourite when I was growing up, and Dumbo, too. I thought they did a pretty decent job with the elephant... keen to see how they do with this.

The great thing about Cineworld memberships is that you can see as many films as many times as you like for 20 a month. And I feel like that's exactly what I'll be reminding myself when I leave the theatre having seen Aladdin.
    Baaaaad relationship??
    The lyric video for my new single TRIP THE ALARM here!

♬ Keen addictions, between afflictions, I guess I had it coming...

Comment

Its shame that such director as Guy Ritchie creator one of the best gangster movies and good Sherlock and King Arthur adaptations is wasting time on something like this :( I cant wait for The Gentlemen!
      Three rules of work: Out of clutter find simplicity; From discord find harmony; In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.

Comment

This was cute
        COMMON LOVE ISN'T FOR US...

Comment

Originally posted by aRat View Post
          This was cute
          It was a good movie tbh
          Forever Young

Comment

Saw it yesterday and I quite liked it. Don't understand the most common points of criticism, because I found none of them to be true.

Comment

I want to watch this but I can't watch anything with Will Smith in it.
              ? Girls' Generation ?
              ? HyoYeon ? Britney Spears ?

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.

Comment

I enjoyed it! I loved the new dance sequence!

The new lyrics in "One Jump Ahead" was unexpected, the same way when they did for "Beauty and the Beast".

"Speechless" was incredible, I think it's the frontrunner for Best Original Song. I love that Guy Ritchie wasn't too in your face with the feminism issue here, especially since this is a very sensitive subject in Arabian culture.

Will did an incredible job, I kinda wished he had bigger singing vocals.

Comment

Originally posted by joiPrince_JO View Post
                  I want to watch this but I can't watch anything with Will Smith in it.
                  I'm not a fan of Will Smith at all either, but he's really good in this.
                  I'd say you should watch it.

Aladdin was my favorite Disney film growing up and I was dreading seeing this after the first trailers and reviews.
                  However, they really did it justice with this live action version. I absolutely loved it! Oh and how gorgeous is Naomi Scott?

The only thing I hated was the Jafar casting. It was just such a total mismatch for me.
                  And that horrible voice the actor put on. It was so bad.
                  "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

This is the best Disney live action movie sine Maleficient tbh
                    Forever Young

Comment

I like it but I feel it's mostly for the nostagic factor. The only person who could sing is Naomi. I bought "Speechless" on iTunes.

I cannot at the people criticizing it for "misrepresenting" the Arabic world by looking at how the palace supposedly looks like the Taj Mahal (it doesn't). The biggest "misrepresentation" would be Jasmine ends up becoming sultan.
                      Originally posted by WhatTheHell
                      Voice of the truth here!! :(

Comment

Originally posted by Rawiri James View Post
                        I wasn't a Disney kid really, but Aladdin was my favourite when I was growing up, and Dumbo, too. I thought they did a pretty decent job with the elephant... keen to see how they do with this.

The great thing about Cineworld memberships is that you can see as many films as many times as you like for 20 a month. And I feel like that's exactly what I'll be reminding myself when I leave the theatre having seen Aladdin.
                        Eating my words. I finally got around to seeing this yesterday and I really enjoyed it. Will Smith - on point!! Mena Masoud I thought was great and Naomi Scott, too. I'd heard negative things about direction but overall, it gets it right more than it misses. The only element that didn't gel for me was Jafar. I've seen the actor in other things and he is a solid performer but here.... I dunno. I feel like they couldn't quite agree on what the interpretation was supposed to be.

Still, it's stylish and solid.
                        Baaaaad relationship??
                        The lyric video for my new single TRIP THE ALARM here!

♬ Keen addictions, between afflictions, I guess I had it coming...

Comment

So this movie is still doing AMAZING! $900m worldwide now.

Comment

Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

I preferred it to Toy Story 4 and Lion King.

Comment

Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                                I really enjoyed this movie. Great to see it achieve this milestone. Well deserved!
                                She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan View Post
                                  I preferred it to Toy Story 4 and Lion King.
                                  Same!!

I’m happy this film has legs at the box office.
                                  It’s still doing really well in various countries.

Crossing 1 billion is amazing!
                                  "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

Originally posted by Bellus View Post
                                    Couple of my Disney friends have seen it, and so far their feedback is to not watch it.

1. Apparently Jasmine is basic as hell, and is not able to deliver on the 'essence' of Jasmine at all.
                                    2. No chemistry exists been Aladdin and the Genie (just two acts thrown together who obviously know nothing of each other or spent any time with each other prior to the movie)
                                    3. Overall feel of the movie doesn't capture the original (Like Beauty and Beast did).

But I guess this is Disney, and I'm sure it'll make 'money' for them.
                                    It made a lot of $$$.

I liked it, but I don't know why it was such a massive hit.

Comment

Working...
                                    X