American Horror Story: 1984

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spartan View Post
    I can't wait for the first episode then to gradually hate the season from episode 3 onwards as per usual.
    Yup.
    "Lift up your head
    Lift up your heart..."

https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

Comment

It’s just the same issue with most Ryan Murphy’s shows. Starts off great, full of fantastic ideas and just becomes a mess (this, Nip/Tuck, Glee).

Comment

It’s just the same issue with most Ryan Murphy’s shows. Starts off great, full of fantastic ideas and just becomes a mess (this, Nip/Tuck, Glee).

Comment

This is the first time I am not excited for AHS. I will probably check out and episode or two out of habit but I don't think I will watch faithfully. I didn't even finish last season.

Comment

I stopped expecting good seasons after that disaster called Hotel, but they surprised me with Roanoke and Cult. Especially Cult because unlike other seasons, it got better with more episodes.

Last season was just as bad as Hotel. No story, no focus, just thrown away idea because he wanted to recreate overrated season 3 thanks to stans online.

Comment

I hated Hotel and Cult, but I loved every bit of Roanoke. I was excited for last season but I didn't even finish it. Will there be some supernatural aspect of this season? It just seems like an axe murderer killing kids.

Was cult the only season without the supernatural aspect?

Comment

Did anyone see this? lol I remembered up to about 9:30 then I completely forgot about it by time 10 rolled around.

Comment

It wasn't bad. So far I dislike all the characters (douchebags all around), I'm kinda excited about the prospect of them all getting slashed to pieces at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by WEBofDESIRE View Post
                    It wasn't bad. So far I dislike all the characters (douchebags all around), I'm kinda excited about the prospect of them all getting slashed to pieces at this point.
                    This doesn't sound promising at all. lol

Comment

The first episode was okay. I like the 80s setting and the music. The cast is a bit meh, except for Billie Lourd.
                      My YouTube Channel - The best songs of the 80s, 90s and 2000s

Comment

Originally posted by Benny View Post
                        The first episode was okay. I like the 80s setting and the music. The cast is a bit meh, except for Billie Lourd.
                        How I feel about it too.
                        I liked it better than I thought I would but I can't see the current storyline being interesting beyond 3 episodes so I'm sure there will be some random twist again.
                        "Lift up your head
                        Lift up your heart..."

Comment

I think there is a twist because they revealed the killers face to soon.

Comment

Can't wait for the first episode tonight!

looks like she is just about to eat that knife

Need to watch more of this, only seen season 1. Will watch Marianne then this after, tonight.
                            My tits are made of silicone, just like the Earth and sea...

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyCrazy View Post

Need to watch more of this, only seen season 1. Will watch Marianne then this after, tonight.
                              Is Marianne recorded in French with English subtitles? Or is it in English?

Comment

Originally posted by dylonj View Post
                                Is Marianne recorded in French with English subtitles? Or is it in English?
                                French!
                                "Lift up your head
                                Lift up your heart..."

Comment

Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                                  French!
                                  Awww. I like a good horror show but I hate reading subtitles....Thanks!

Comment

It seems very inspired by stranger things. Not a bad thing. I enjoyed it
                                    Love you like a love song!

Comment

True!

Season 2, 'Asylum', is the best one IMO. So far I've enjoyed all seasons except for 'Hotel'.
                                      My YouTube Channel - The best songs of the 80s, 90s and 2000s

Comment

Ja, DOEI!
                                        "Lift up your head
                                        Lift up your heart..."

Comment

True!

Season 2, 'Asylum', is the best one IMO. So far I've enjoyed all seasons except for 'Hotel'.
                                          I agree. That season was the trashiest and most unfocused. Nothing ever exceeded "Asylum" but atleast seasons like "Coven" and "Apocalypse" were fun.

What I'm noticing is that AHS works best when you binge it, it's usually so messy that I forget what happened on the last episode and than another week before the next...
                                          If Ryan wants to keep the franchise going he should drop the full season all at once. This current season seems like it would be PERFECT for a binge. I'm already dreading the 2/3 month stalling of it all.
                                          "Lift up your head
                                          Lift up your heart..."

Comment

Solid first episode but not amazing. Billie Lourd was the best one among a weak cast. Occasionally she can be quite one-note but she was decent in the pilot.

Comment

First episode was amazing, a great start to the season

Comment

It was just OK, no different to any other slasher movie so far. Hoping for a killer twist.

Comment

The first episode was alright. Nothing special so far.

I’m intrigued to see where this will lead. The last season was a complete mess.

Comment

I feel like this season will be a hot mess.

At least Billie Lourd is funny as hell.
                                                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

I completely forgot to catch up on this over the weekend! What do you all think of Roanoke?

Comment

Ronaoke was my favourite of recent years. The mid-season twist, Adina Porter, some genuine horror - fantastic season.

Comment

I actually like roanoke. However it should have been 1 or 2 eps shorted. It shouldn't have had the random last episode that adds nothing to the story
                                                          Love you like a love song!

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan View Post
                                                            Ronaoke was my favourite of recent years. The mid-season twist, Adina Porter, some genuine horror - fantastic season.
                                                            Agree!

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                                                              Agree!
                                                              Also agree.
                                                              I thought it was a super fun season, I loved the part where Kathy's character went crazy lol. On a rewatch the first handful of episodes before the twist don't work very well though, so unlike the first 3 seasons I won't be revisiting this one the way I did the first 4 seasons (Yes, "Freakshow" included, perhaps my fave season after "Asylum").

Hotel doesn't exist to me and I might give "Cult" a rewatch if I'm ever bored, just to see the Jessica episode again.
                                                              "Lift up your head
                                                              Lift up your heart..."

Comment

Working...
                                                              X