Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hejira View Post
    French!
    Awww. I like a good horror show but I hate reading subtitles....Thanks!

Comment

It seems very inspired by stranger things. Not a bad thing. I enjoyed it
      Love you like a love song!

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyCrazy View Post
        looks like she is just about to eat that knife
        True!

Originally posted by CrazyCrazy View Post
        Need to watch more of this, only seen season 1. Will watch Marianne then this after, tonight.
        Season 2, 'Asylum', is the best one IMO. So far I've enjoyed all seasons except for 'Hotel'.
        My YouTube Channel - The best songs of the 80s, 90s and 2000s

Comment

Ja, DOEI!
          "Is Stalin on your shoulder..."
          https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeveren-1/jasper-russia
          "..as he was with his composers?"

Comment

Originally posted by Benny View Post
            True!

Season 2, 'Asylum', is the best one IMO. So far I've enjoyed all seasons except for 'Hotel'.
            I agree. That season was the trashiest and most unfocused. Nothing ever exceeded "Asylum" but atleast seasons like "Coven" and "Apocalypse" were fun.

What I'm noticing is that AHS works best when you binge it, it's usually so messy that I forget what happened on the last episode and than another week before the next...
            If Ryan wants to keep the franchise going he should drop the full season all at once. This current season seems like it would be PERFECT for a binge. I'm already dreading the 2/3 month stalling of it all.

Comment

Solid first episode but not amazing. Billie Lourd was the best one among a weak cast. Occasionally she can be quite one-note but she was decent in the pilot.

Comment

First episode was amazing, a great start to the season

Comment

It was just OK, no different to any other slasher movie so far. Hoping for a killer twist.

Comment

The first episode was alright. Nothing special so far.

I’m intrigued to see where this will lead. The last season was a complete mess.

Comment

I feel like this season will be a hot mess.

At least Billie Lourd is funny as hell.
                      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

I completely forgot to catch up on this over the weekend! What do you all think of Roanoke?

Comment

Ronaoke was my favourite of recent years. The mid-season twist, Adina Porter, some genuine horror - fantastic season.

Comment

I actually like roanoke. However it should have been 1 or 2 eps shorted. It shouldn't have had the random last episode that adds nothing to the story
                            Love you like a love song!

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan View Post
                              Ronaoke was my favourite of recent years. The mid-season twist, Adina Porter, some genuine horror - fantastic season.
                              Agree!

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                                Agree!
                                Also agree.
                                I thought it was a super fun season, I loved the part where Kathy's character went crazy lol. On a rewatch the first handful of episodes before the twist don't work very well though, so unlike the first 3 seasons I won't be revisiting this one the way I did the first 4 seasons (Yes, "Freakshow" included, perhaps my fave season after "Asylum").

Hotel doesn't exist to me and I might give "Cult" a rewatch if I'm ever bored, just to see the Jessica episode again.

Comment

I’ve never rewatched Roanoke.
                                  I’ve only rewatched the first four seasons. Other than them, the only one I’d rewatch would be Roanoke.

Comment

Hotel was a mess for me, infact I only got through 3 episodes then stopped watching. I loved everything about Roanoke. I only made it through a couple episodes of Cult and last season fell flat for me. I may try revisiting Apocolypse because Coven is my favorite season (and I like witches and magic).

Comment

Originally posted by dylonj View Post
                                      Hotel was a mess for me, infact I only got through 3 episodes then stopped watching. I loved everything about Roanoke. I only made it through a couple episodes of Cult and last season fell flat for me. I may try revisiting Apocolypse because Coven is my favorite season (and I like witches and magic).
                                      Ohhhh I just completely confused "Cult" with "Apocalypse"!
                                      I liked the latter. "Cult" I never even finished, way too political and on the nose.

Comment

Should there be another thread for AHS Series like General Discussion Thread because usually the recent season gets lost in discussion of previous seasons.
                                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Nah, I don’t think it’s worth it with 9 topics already. We can just discuss our overall opinions in the current season’s thread.

Comment

Wow. Didn't take more than 2 episodes for the show to become a chaotic and unfocused mess this time!
                                            Huge downgrade from episode 1, I'm already thinking I might stop watching if the next ep. is as bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                                              Wow. Didn't take more than 2 episodes for the show to become a chaotic and unfocused mess this time!
                                              Huge downgrade from episode 1, I'm already thinking I might stop watching if the next ep. is as bad.
                                              Yeah, I'm afraid I agree! Episode 2 was really bad. So why do they have 2 killers, the Night Stalker and Mr. Jingles, and why did they already reveal the identity of both of them? There's no suspense at all, the cast is bland and unlikeable, the storylines are a complete mess. The ghost of that dead guy was the ultimate crap.

I don't know if I'll continue watching. That only happened once before, with 'Hotel'.
                                              My YouTube Channel - The best songs of the 80s, 90s and 2000s

Comment

The episode did leave one interesting question about Mr. Jingles, did he actually kill the campers way back or just steal their ears (with the killing already being done by Margaret)? Reddit thinks the show is about the taping of a cheesy b-movie staring Madison Montgomery; with this show anything is possible.

Comment

I finally saw episode 1 and .......it just....happened. Nothing exciting, nothing that would make me want to watch again. I will watch up to episode 4 then probably call it quits.

Comment

• Originally posted by WEBofDESIRE View Post
                                                    The episode did leave one interesting question about Mr. Jingles, did he actually kill the campers way back or just steal their ears (with the killing already being done by Margaret)? Reddit thinks the show is actually about the taping of a cheesy b-movie staring Madison Montgomery; with this show anything is possible.
                                                    Ok. That's an interesting angle...Kinda like Roanoke with the reenactment taking place for the first half of the season. If this does happen then I might keep watching.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X