Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Wars - Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker

Ooooh the last seconds omg.

Just got reminded that I haven't even watched episode VIII.
    5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

I’m impressed!

Lando! Palpatine! Leia!

“No one is ever really gone” - sounds like anyone could be back. I think we might end up with an Anakin vs Palpatine scene here.
      M08T10

Comment

Err where is R2D2?
        M08T10

Comment

>>>>>>>>>>> LAST.FM <<<<<<<<<

Comment

5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Please don't let it suck like the last one.

Comment

Comment

2 weeks!!

Comment

Can't wait! can't believe it's been like 42 years since the 1st one

Comment

At a loss as to how this got bad reviews. I loved it! Much better than the last one

Comment

Originally posted by jason2379 View Post
                        At a loss as to how this got bad reviews. I loved it! Much better than the last one
                        Glad u liked it! Sadly I have to agree with some critics, not that it was that bad but I was definitely disappointed. The dialogues were ridiculous and the storyline felt like a treasure hunt. Some things also do not make sense at all. The whole sequel had a weak overall story and definitely missed the complexity and the richness of the world that the other six movies served (not saying all 6 movies were perfect, obviously not). Giving screen time to nostalgic characters was nice, but it felt like tokenism rather than adding anything substantial. There were some nice moments though, and Babu Frik slayed.
                        Last edited by Michiel; Mon December 23rd, 2019, 14:37.
                        Eudaimonia
                        Last.fm
                        Instagram

Comment

Weak screenplay. We've seen this story many many times now. The nostalgia of it is great but the storyline deserved more.
                          I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                          I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

^Agreed. I enjoyed it. I teared up at the end. But, so much does not make sense...

Comment

Ok so I just finished watching all 9 Star Wars films. Now, I need to say I have never seen ANY of them prior to this, so I went in with fresh, non-nostalgic eyes.

I thought episode 7-9 were the strongest trilogy. I thought episode 8 was by far the best movie of the whole lot, it had stunning cinematography and a compelling plot.

1 & 2 are easily the worst, truly poor films in nearly every aspect. 3 is pretty decent though.

The older ones (4-6) were all ok, I didn't find them as interesting as the new ones. Han Solo is pretty sleazy and unlikeable in them.
                              Come Play: GUESS THE VIDEO!

Comment

^

Interesting….

Those of us old enough to have grown up with the original trilogy ( Episode 4 to 6) love Han Solo.....

Everybody agrees Episode 3 is the best of the prequel trilogy.

As for Episodes 7 to 9 - they barely qualify as a trilogy at all as far as I'm concerned. Disney screwed up bigtime. How can you embark on a trilogy of films without having an over-arcing storyline? Episode 8 was a rogue entry that Episode 9 tried to cancel....

Comment

I thought 7 and 9 were the best in the series, easily, but 8 was a dud.

Comment

Never ever saw someone said episode 8 was the best of the entire series I still have to watch it but after the reviews I was not even interested anymore. I'd rather not see it than be disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by Metalweb View Post
                                      ^

Interesting….

Those of us old enough to have grown up with the original trilogy ( Episode 4 to 6) love Han Solo.....

Everybody agrees Episode 3 is the best of the prequel trilogy.

As for Episodes 7 to 9 - they barely qualify as a trilogy at all as far as I'm concerned. Disney screwed up bigtime. How can you embark on a trilogy of films without having an over-arcing storyline? Episode 8 was a rogue entry that Episode 9 tried to cancel....
                                      Thank you!! So mad what they did to Luke & Leah. The worst...

Comment

Working...
                                      X