Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Time To Die (Bond 25)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #26
    No to Beyonce doing the theme. I want Jazmine Sullivan, Lana, Fantasia, or Adele back!
    Diva!!!

    Comment


    • #27
      Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
      Why am I not surprised.
      I know right?
      Love you like a love song!

      Comment


      • #28
        Someone mentioned that maybe there is a female 007 and a male 007.

        Although I will support my Black women, so I will be watching!!! But I can also understand the confusion and disagreements about the possible changes. James Bond has been around for 60 years. Its a series that I can watch over and over. The character going from male to female is a big change that was not necessary. They could have made a female the MAIN villain. I was actually anticipating that move to be made. Yes there have been female villains in 007 films, but there has yet to be a film where the female is the MAIN villain.

        I also would have loved a 00 agent to be just as badass as 007 is. Although Jinx (Halle Berry) was not a 00 agent, her role and performance was perfectly matched with James Bond. Just like James, she had sex appeal, great agent skills, great combat/weapon skills, and similar to James saving her from the lasers, she saved him from the helicopter crash. IMO, that was the best representation of a female that could go toe-to-toe with James Bond. Also, it did not feel forced.

        ...my opinion.
        Diva!!!

        Comment


        • #29
          Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
          I know right?
          Can you guys/girls/whomever please explain why it’s not ok to be ok with this but it was ok to complain about Scarlett Johanssen in Ghost in the Machine?

          Comment


          • #30
            They should just make a female bond franchise all together.
            Forever Young

            Comment


            • #31
              Originally posted by menime123 View Post
              I think 00 agents have been in older Bond movies.... didn’t one of them turn bad? Golden Eye or something involving a big satellite dish rings a bell.
              Yes Goldeneye had 006 Alec Trevelyan (Sean Bean) back from thought to be dead and turning out to be the main villain. According to the Bond Wiki, a few of the others have either been mentioned or their part in the movie a brief cameo or entirely offscreen (eg, 009 in The World Is Not Enough).

              The 009 from Octopussy was Killed in Action in the opener and 007 takes his place on the mission, and 002 and 004 appear in a training mission in The Living Daylights. https://jamesbond.fandom.com/wiki/00_agents
              Last edited by Affillate; Tue July 16th, 2019, 13:09.
              UKMIXtapes Vol.3 | ROUND 9!

              Comment


              • #32
                I don't understand how they didn't/don't get Lana to make a bond theme. She's basically perfect for it.

                "Lift up your head
                Lift up your heart..."

                https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

                Comment


                • #33
                  Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post
                  Can you guys/girls/whomever please explain why it’s not ok to be ok with this but it was ok to complain about Scarlett Johanssen in Ghost in the Machine?
                  Because she wasn't Asian.... Its quite simple to understand. Bonds ethnicity or gender isn't important. I don't get how you don't understand that
                  Love you like a love song!

                  Comment


                  • #34
                    Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
                    Because she wasn't Asian.... Its quite simple to understand. Bonds ethnicity or gender isn't important. I don't get how you don't understand that
                    IT'S THE SAME THING!!!!!!

                    the Character from Ghost in the Machine was originally Asian just like 007 was originally Male & White, Scar Jo wasn't playing as Asian person was she!. One is racism and one isn't . . . I don't see a difference though.

                    I want it noted that I am not racist, Pose is one of my favourite shows, I just have a problem with in this day and age racism has gone so far back the other way in films etc. Not ok to complain about Ariel (who was animated) but it's ok to complain about Ghost in the Machine (also animated) only one difference and it's that Scar Jo is White.

                    Comment


                    • #35
                      As if you just said 'I can't be racist because I watch pose.' Smdh
                      Love you like a love song!

                      Comment


                      • #36
                        Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post
                        IT'S THE SAME THING!!!!!!

                        the Character from Ghost in the Machine was originally Asian just like 007 was originally Male & White, Scar Jo wasn't playing as Asian person was she!. One is racism and one isn't . . . I don't see a difference though.

                        I want it noted that I am not racist, Pose is one of my favourite shows, I just have a problem with in this day and age racism has gone so far back the other way in films etc. Not ok to complain about Ariel (who was animated) but it's ok to complain about Ghost in the Machine (also animated) only one difference and it's that Scar Jo is White.
                        Do me one favour and stop saying "Ghost in the machine" - it's "Ghost in the shell".

                        Now, let me give this a try: "Ghost in the shell" is a Japanese Manga, followed by numerous Japanese Animes and TV series. While the action takes places in a fictional universe, everything and everyone has Japanese names, including Scarlett Johansson's role, who's name is Major Motoko Kusanagi... if that doesn't scream "role that should to be played by an Asian woman" to you, I don't know what would. For good measure, let me remind you that Japan has the most homogenous population in the world, with 99 % being Japanese and the remaining 1% being other Asians. So, a white Motoko Kusanagi in a world filled with Japanese names and things should seem a little weird, even to you.

                        Now on to James Bond, a movie series based on a British book that revolves around a British spy with a British name. Yes, he is male and white, but like every spy is referred to by a code: 007. It has now been announced that his code number 007 will be taken over by a British black woman during or by the end of the next Bond movie, which will still feature said British white male spy.

                        And you really don't see a difference between the two examples? She is NOT James Bond, she is a spy who (for reasons not yet known) will inherit his code number. They will possibly (not necessarily) continue the franchise with her, because maybe, just maybe, they felt after 25 movies and 6 different actors, James has earned his retirement.
                        So unless you think there is no such thing as a black British spy or a female British spy or, heaven help us, a female black British spy... why exactly does the lead of future spy movies to come from this franchise have to be male and white?

                        If it's so hard to stomach, watch Jason Bourne... ever since Casino Royale the other JB hasn't been that much different anyway.

                        Comment


                        • #37
                          She came.
                          She saw.
                          She conquered.
                          That’s [MENTION=20691]LittleLinda[/MENTION] for you, guys.
                          5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

                          Comment


                          • #38
                            Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
                            She came.
                            She saw.
                            She conquered.
                            That’s [MENTION=20691]LittleLinda[/MENTION] for you, guys.
                            Yaaas!
                            Love you like a love song!

                            Comment


                            • #39
                              You got me!!!! Now let’s hope they reboot Beverley Hill Cop with someone like Emma Stone!!!

                              though that would probably be different somehow too.

                              Comment


                              • #40
                                Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post
                                You got me!!!! Now let’s hope they reboot Beverley Hill Cop with someone like Emma Stone!!!

                                though that would probably be different somehow too.
                                Omg because wthni ity isn't important to Beverly hills cop. How are you failing to understand this? Its clearly built in racism. You can't fool people.
                                Love you like a love song!

                                Comment


                                • #41
                                  Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
                                  Omg because wthni ity isn't important to Beverly hills cop. How are you failing to understand this? Its clearly built in racism. You can't fool people.
                                  1, You do not know me

                                  2, Of course you jump straight to be being "Racist" because I don't share the same opinion as you

                                  3, If you are going to call someone a Racist actually know what you are talking about because that is very nasty

                                  Comment


                                  • #42
                                    Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post
                                    1, You do not know me

                                    2, Of course you jump straight to be being "Racist" because I don't share the same opinion as you

                                    3, If you are going to call someone a Racist actually know what you are talking about because that is very nasty
                                    I apologise for insinuating that you where being racist. You're right. It was nasty so I am sorry. However i do find your reasoning to be deeply rooted in racism. You may not see it that way, but others can. It's not about a difference of opinion its about WHY you have that opinion. People have explained that the examples you used where incorrect as their ethnicity is important to the character or the story. You've failed to understand that. You keep trying to justify it and I don't feel it should be justified. I just wish you'd outright just say 'I don't want ariel for the role because she's black' or 'I don't want bond to be a female or black' just say it. Don't hide behind 'it's always been this way so it must be exactly the same'

                                    Again, I apologise for the nasty comment. I've tried to explain as best as I can.
                                    Love you like a love song!

                                    Comment


                                    • #43
                                      No Time To Die.
                                      Yep, that's the title of the movie!
                                      5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

                                      Comment


                                      • #44
                                        Sound like a title for a 007 knockoff. All Craig Bond movies had great titles so far, this one isn't it.
                                        I have received many gifts from God,
                                        but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess
                                        .

                                        Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

                                        Comment


                                        • #45
                                          next one will be called: Dyin' tomorrow ...Not!

                                          Comment


                                          • #46
                                            Die Another Day re-hash.

                                            Comment


                                            • #47
                                              What a lame title LOL.
                                              The franchise is overrated anyway.
                                              Time for that girl 007 to be honest.
                                              "Lift up your head
                                              Lift up your heart..."

                                              https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

                                              Comment


                                              • #48
                                                Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

                                                Comment


                                                • #49
                                                  We need Dual to get the Bond Theme Song
                                                  COMMON LOVE ISN'T FOR US...

                                                  Comment


                                                  • #50
                                                    Originally posted by aRat View Post
                                                    We need Dual to get the Bond Theme Song
                                                    will prob go to billy elitish or Popsmalone or somewhat

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X