Special [Netflix]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special [Netflix]

Has anyone else seen this? Netflix kept recommending it to me for weeks, and I finally checked it out last night, and finished the eight-episode season this morning. It's good stuff! The episodes are a tad short, but I think that actually works in the show's favour.

Actor-writer Ryan O'Connell stars in this semi-autobiographical series based on his memoir. He plays Ryan, a gay man with cerebral palsy who decides to do away with his identity as an accident victim and go after the life that he wants. After years of dead-end internships, blogging in his pajamas and mainly communicating through text, Ryan figures out how to take his life from bleak to chic as he gets ready to start limping toward adulthood. O'Connell serves as an executive producer on the comedy series, along with "The Big Bang Theory" star Jim Parsons.
    Akini's Top 400 Songs of the 2010s: [385-381]

The forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe, for the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was made of wood, he was one of them.

Very easy watching cos they’re only 15 minute episodes! I love the mum and the sassy friend.

Comment

Yeah they're very short epis which is nice, I was expecting a comedy and it really wasn't, it's more of a mixed bag. I liked that we got to see more of a different point view on it

Comment

liked it a lot!

Comment

I loved it as well. Sadly, it was way too short [finished it on the 2nd day]. The characters are very likeable and I just love the main character. I need a second season!
          Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

Really loved it, Ryan is so endearing and Kim provides the laughs!
            Watched it one evening, and would love to have a second season soon!

Comment

Special

On Netflix
              Forever Young

Comment

Originally posted by Loveguru View Post
                On Netflix
                Threads merged since I opened a topic two months ago. It's pretty good, right?
                Akini's Top 400 Songs of the 2010s: [385-381]

The forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe, for the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was made of wood, he was one of them.

Comment

It is sooo good
                  Forever Young

Comment

Hope it gets a Season 2!

Comment

i think it should but hopefully it stays 15 mins episodes
                      Forever Young

Comment

Working...
                      X