Dead to Me [Netflix]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead to Me [Netflix]

Just binged this over the last few days, really enjoyable show with a great cast! 10 thirty minute episodes so it’s an easy watch. Hopefully there’s a season two based on the ending!

The preview looks like it is fun!
    5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Two fantastic leads so I must check it out.

Comment

Just watched the first episode, suitably impressed. Saw the ending coming a mile off though.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan View Post
          Just watched the first episode, suitably impressed. Saw the ending coming a mile off though.
          Pretty much my thoughts.

Some very good acting among some flat jokes though

Comment

I’m on episode 4. I’m impressed!!!
            | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

Just finished it and found it thoroughly enjoyable. It dipped a little in the middle but ended on a high note, though it was all very predictable. Applegate and Cardellini carried this though, you felt empathy for both of them at different times. Though some of Judy’s choices were rather questionable. Hope to see some awards thrown their way.

Comment

I haven't got round to watching this yet, but I really want to.
                Love you like a love song!

Comment

This was good! Loved Jen's sense of humour, and her relationship with Judy. Looking forward to a second season!
                  Akini's Top 400 Songs of the Decade: [300-296]

Comment

[MENTION=25208]Benny[/MENTION] would enjoy this too.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan View Post
                      [MENTION=25208]Benny[/MENTION] would enjoy this too.
                      Thanks for the recommendation, I might check it out!
                      My YouTube Channel - The best songs of the 80s, 90s and 2000s

Comment

Wow this is HILARIOUS.
                        So raw. I am such a Jen lmao.
                        That scene with Judy’s boyfriend scaring Jen’s kid, omg. « You can call that off like that? » « I’m a very powerful woman »
                        5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

S2 is coming!

Akini's Top 400 Songs of the Decade: [300-296]

Comment

It was inevitable.

Apparently it's been the most viewed show on Netflix for the last month.

Comment

Someone recommended this to me on Facebook and it took all of 3 days for me to watch the first season. Great characters and performances from Christina Applegate and Linda Cardellini. There were moments I laughed out loud and re-watched; and other moments that were quietly haunting.

Great stuff; I'm happy and not at all surprised it's getting a second season.
                              Baaaaad relationship??
                              The lyric video for my new single TRIP THE ALARM here!

♬ Keen addictions, between afflictions, I guess I had it coming...

Comment

I'm so happy this got a second season. I adore Christina applegate. I don't understand how she isn't a leading lady in films

Comment

Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
                                  I'm so happy this got a second season. I adore Christina applegate. I don't understand how she isn't a leading lady in films
                                  I saw on WWHL that she passed on Legally Blonde, which, objectively might have landed her a bigger leading film career. That said, she owned TV throughout the 90's (Married...with Children, Jesse) and did OK in the 21st century (Samantha Who, Up All Night) as well as supporting roles in film and scoring an Emmy for a guest appearance on Friends. I'd say she's doing just fine, haha.
                                  Baaaaad relationship??
                                  The lyric video for my new single TRIP THE ALARM here!

♬ Keen addictions, between afflictions, I guess I had it coming...

Comment

Originally posted by Rawiri James View Post
                                    I saw on WWHL that she passed on Legally Blonde, which, objectively might have landed her a bigger leading film career. That said, she owned TV throughout the 90's (Married...with Children, Jesse) and did OK in the 21st century (Samantha Who, Up All Night) as well as supporting roles in film and scoring an Emmy for a guest appearance on Friends. I'd say she's doing just fine, haha.
                                    Samantha who is one of my favourites!! Also the sweetest thing is one of my favourites. I know she's doing fine lol I just want her to be bigger. I want her to be like Melissa Mccarthy or Kristen Wigg. However as long as she's working and I have stuff to watch ill be happy

Comment

Great news!

Comment

It was so weird to think that Christina was a lead on Samantha Who while Melissa McCarthy was just supporting and looked what happened to her career.

Comment

Luv it! Just watched 1st 2 episodes last night. Was going to view 1 only, but no willpower!!! It's that good!
                                          And, renewed for Season 2.
                                          Luv dark humour. After viewing this, may give Santa Clarita Diet a watch, too. I like both leads, though it looks more grisly.
                                          Also loving Travelers and Humans...2 separate shows! (not dark comedy, though; just really good shows that I'd never caught)!
                                          ​If in the after life there is no music, we will have to import it ~ Domenico Cieri Estrada

Comment

Christina Applegate is gorgeous

Finished this in 2 days. It was THAT enjoyable. Glad there'll be a S2

Comment

I can not wait for the 2nd season. This was an absolutely brilliant show

Comment

Working...
                                              X