Eurovision Song Contest 2020, CANCELLED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The first two artists have been revealed for Australia Decides 2020

Hosted on the Gold Coast and broadcast live and exclusively on SBS, two of the country’s greatest female vocalists Aussie icon Vanessa Amorosi and powerhouse entertainer Casey Donovan will perform an original song for their chance to represent the country at the Eurovision Song Contest 2020 in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
    ˇEh, mamá!
    Me quiero matar
    El mundo se va a la mierda
    Y no he hecho nada

Comment

Wow! Huge names for Australia! That's awesome!

Montenegro just announced that it's going to withdraw due to financial circumstances. It just announced its preliminary confirmation in the end of September. A sad turn-out.
      Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

They're probably my least favorite country in the whole contest tbh but it's always sad to lose a regular participant, hope they come back soon.
        ˇEh, mamá!
        Me quiero matar
        Y no he hecho nada

Comment

The EBU just announced the official and final list of participants: 41 countries will compete in Rotterdam.
          Ukraine and Bulgaria return whilst Montenegro and Hungary withdraw

Comment

Well, let's see how Ukraine pans out. Maruv could've easily given Duncan a run for his money but i personally preferred Arcade anyways so in that respect, i was delighted to see the Netherlands win this year. <3

Comment

Finally updated the list of participants.

I'm still sad to see Hungary and Montenegro go. Even though they might not be my favourite countries in Eurovision, I have highly appreciated their latest efforts. Unlike Sweden, Australia, Germany or Russia which tend to submit the same style in music (even though I enjoy and love quite many of their well-produced and polished entries), Hungary and Montenegro have been the most diverse and boldest countres in the competition: They submitted quality entries, ethno ballads, rap, metal, rock, dubstep, trashy/camp pop, progressive entries (witty and clever lyrics (Euro Neuro)).... They have been such a great addition to Eurovision. I hope that they will be back in 2021!

Originally posted by Mainshow View Post

List of Participants

On 13.11.19, 41 countries have confirmed to take part!

RETURNING COUNTRIES: Bulgaria, Ukraine
              DEBUTING COUNTRIES: none
              WITHDRAWING COUNTIRES: Hungary, Montenegro

Comment

If Sweden want to win eurovision again, they did need to ditch the bland male singer with the equally bland (for an uptempo song) entry. Just saying!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JakeP View Post
                  If Sweden want to win eurovision again, they did need to ditch the bland male singer with the equally bland (for an uptempo song) entry. Just saying!!!
                  I agree, they need to think outside of the formula.
                  Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

Bulgaria just announced its entrant and its Wiktoria! Incredible choice! I didn't expect them going local after relying on a sponsor.
                    She's my number-one choice for Bulgaria anyway and I am super thrilled about this decision!
                    https://youtu.be/CFPT9qEs7PE

Comment

• Tomorrow we will learn about the Melodifestivalen (Swedish preselection) entries! - I guess that we'll hear the name of the Top 2 jury voting candidate

Comment

• https://eurovision.tv/story/rotterda...n-song-contest

I'm sorry but even tho the idea is really cute, I really don't like it at all, one of my least favorite design of the last couple of years it also doesn't help that it low-key looks like a butthole and it literally says "open up"
                        ˇEh, mamá!
                        Me quiero matar
                        Y no he hecho nada

Comment

• ˇEh, mamá!
                          Me quiero matar
                          Y no he hecho nada

Comment

• It reminds me of when you shine light onto the audio side of a cd and there's a spectrum of colours.

Comment

• https://escxtra.com/2019/11/29/offic...rovision-2020/

Sandro Nicolas is going to represent Cyprus at Eurovision 2020!

Some facts we got

- He's German, born in Heinsberg (Mönchengladbach) and his real name is Alessandro Rütten.

- He has Greek and American roots and he has already participated in the German version of 'Got Talent' in 2015 and in 'The Voice of Germany' in 2018 but didn't get to the liveshows

- He also represented the US at the New Wave Festival 2019 in Sochi and came 6th (while Azerbaijan 2018 representant Aisel came 8th.)
                              ˇEh, mamá!
                              Me quiero matar
                              Y no he hecho nada

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainshow View Post
                                Tomorrow we will learn about the Melodifestivalen (Swedish preselection) entries! - I guess that we'll hear the name of the Top 2 jury voting candidate

1st semi-final, Linköping:
                                Malou Prytz – Ballerina

Felix Sandman – Boys with Emotions

OVÖ – Inga problem

The Mamas – Move

Suzi P – Moves

Sonja Aldén – Sluta aldrig gĺ

Robin Bengtsson – Take a Chance

2nd semi-final, Göteborg:
                                Linda Bengtzing – Alla mina sorger

Dotter – Bulletproof

Anna Bergendahl – Kingdom Come

Thorsten Flinck – Miraklernas tid

Klara Hammarström – Nobody

Paul Rey – Talking in my Sleep

Méndez feat Álvaro Estrella – Vamos amigos

3rd semi-final, Luleĺ:
                                Faith Kakembo – Crying Rivers

Amanda Aasa – Late

Albin Johnsén – Livet börjar nu

Drängarna – Piga och dräng

Mariette – Shout it Out

Anis don Demina – Vem är som oss

Mohombi – Winners

4th semi-final, Malmö:
                                Hanna Ferm – Brave

Nanne Grönvall – Carpool Karaoke

William Strid – Molnljus

Jakob Karlberg – Om du tror att jag saknar dig

Ellen Benediktson och Simon Peyron – Surface

Victor Crone – Troubled Waters

Frida Öhrn – We Are One
                                ˇEh, mamá!
                                Me quiero matar
                                Y no he hecho nada

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeP View Post
                                  It reminds me of when you shine light onto the audio side of a cd and there's a spectrum of colours.
                                  I love it!
                                  Love you like a love song!

Comment

• SF distribution for Festival da Cancao 2020 was released, too

@DnBLover any interesting names here?
                                    ˇEh, mamá!
                                    Me quiero matar
                                    Y no he hecho nada

Comment

• Formely of The Voice Portugal, Marta Carvalho, hopefully tries something like her recent song "Deslizes" for the FdC.
                                      Also a former talent show contestant, Tiago Nacarato has made a duet with Salvador Sobral recently (I used it for our own FSC) as well as Dino D'Santiago (he was part of the interval act with "Nova Lisboa").
                                      Blasted Mechanism could well be a portuguese Hatari if they do show up in full swing.

Comment

• Some interesting names for Melodifestivalen - really excited to hear the entries by Dotter and especially Anna Bergendahl!

Comment

• Why do i get the feeling Sweden is once again going to be represented by another bland male singer?

Is that the same Victor Crone who represented Estonia this year too? Gosh!!!!

Comment

• Malou 😍😍😍
                                            2019 Year End Charts: The 20/20 Experience

Comment

• ^ Yes it is!

Hopefully they send a good song, not another too polished and unguine guy.

Comment

• Good luck for Synne Valtri.

My celebrity crushes : Monika Sedziuviene, Kristina Ivanova (YVA).
                                                In my head I like to imagine LastDreamer in the land of Lithuania right now with a suitcase of simcards, a box of chocolates and a wedding ring. It would be a great base for an epic Eurovision fan fiction.

Comment

• France has scrapped their National Final, opting for an internal selection instead

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo View Post
                                                    France has scrapped their National Final, opting for an internal selection instead
                                                    Could they send Parle ŕ ta tęte by Indila. It screams eurovision.

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeP View Post
                                                      Could they send Parle ŕ ta tęte by Indila. It screams eurovision.
                                                      I don't think Indila will take such a massive risk.

Comment

• Eesti Laul (the Estonian preselection) is painfully generic and bland. I think that 5 songs are alright but the rest screams "non qualification" to me. I'm utterly disappointed. The last few Eesti Laul editions were great and I even preferred them to Melodifestivalen but the songs are so mediocre, old-fashioned or simply boring. What a huge letdown.

Comment

• https://eurovision.tv/story/eurovisi...mbley-jan-smit

The three presenters have been announced!

Chantal is great, she is known to have humour, and has alot of experience!

Jan is actualy stiff and uncharismatic imho, but he has been the Dutch commentator for years and has been singing since he was very young

Edsilia has alot of Eurovision experience, so i think she is a good choice for the greenroom!

Comment

• - Jan is part of the very famous Klubbb3 Band

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo View Post
                                                              I don't think Indila will take such a massive risk.
                                                              Why not? The single bombed in France (and other countries where she was successful with her debut). She needs a good boost.

Though I think it wouldn't be with "Parle ŕ ta tęte". Not sure if it's still eligible as it's been released a while ago. Maybe with another song, which would explain why we haven't heard much more from Indila.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X