Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
    You mean 12 cm?
    I thought it was well known fact that i am a female, if you are talking what i think you are talking about

Comment

• Originally posted by Colbie View Post
      I thought it was well known fact that i am a female, if you are talking what i think you are talking about
      My mistake! I assume everyone is gay here. That's the general impression!
      I have received many gifts from God,
      but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Thereís no lie though, Iím sure your power alpha female eggs are bigger than the snakes of this beautiful collection of bottoms on here

#MarkedAsIrony before I get dragged for this post.
        [#1 REVEALED!] 2019 Year End Charts: The 20/20 Experience

My Song Charts

Comment

• ^ Lmao

Comment

• That guy from France is very good looking, but I listened to his most streamed song and I don't like it at all.
            My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Australia has one interesting pop song in their National Final (of course, it is written by Swedes).
              Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Norwegian NF is something else though. Doubling down on KEiiNo formula.

Comment

• some interesting NF contestants

Czech Republic

Lana Del Rey wannabe or...?

Twenty-one pilots-ish band that goes by the "We All Poop" name with an anti-carnivore message

Ukraine

Comment

• Germany decides internally. It worked for Switzerland last year, so fingers crossed it will work for Germany this year as well

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                      Germany decides internally. It worked for Switzerland last year, so fingers crossed it will work for Germany this year as well
                      The preview show is on a week day in the time slot directly against Germany's top model, Not looking too good so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo View Post

The preview show is on a week day in the time slot directly against Germany's top model, Not looking too good so far.
                        What‘s the point of a show when they choose internally though?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post

What‘s the point of a show when they choose internally though?
                          probably it's some no-name act, so at least it's a formal introduction

Comment

• This feels like the longest it's ever taken for us to get any songs released.... there's usually a handful by now, I wonder what will be the first? I don't count Albania as we only have a performance of it so far and they nearly always mix it up.
                            1 Harry Styles|2 Dua Lipa |3 Doja Cat |4 Elodie|5 Lizzo |

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
                              This feels like the longest it's ever taken for us to get any songs released.... there's usually a handful by now, I wonder what will be the first? I don't count Albania as we only have a performance of it so far and they nearly always mix it up.
                              Everyone's cautious...I actually like some of the NF songs in various countries, but I am eagerly anticipating San Remo songs to be released

Comment

• Just a few minutes ago, the allocation draw took place. And that's the outcome:

Semi 1:
                                First Half:
                                - North Macedonia
                                - Belarus
                                - Lithuania
                                - Sweden
                                - Slovenia
                                - Australia
                                - Ireland
                                - Russia

Second Half:
                                - Norway
                                - Cyprus
                                - Croatia
                                - Azerbaijan
                                - Malta
                                - Israel
                                - Ukraine
                                - Romania
                                - Belgium

+ Germany, The Netherlands, Italy

Semi 2:
                                First Half:
                                - Austria
                                - Moldova
                                - Poland
                                - San Marino
                                - Serbia
                                - Iceland
                                - Czech Republic
                                - Greece
                                - Estonia

Second Half:
                                - Denmark
                                - Bulgaria
                                - Switzerland
                                - Finland
                                - Armenia
                                - Latvia
                                - Georgia
                                - Portugal
                                - Albania

+ United Kingdom, Spain, France

Interesting facts:

Germany hasn't been able to vote in semi 1 since 2010.
                                Russia doesn't seem to be stuck to semi 2 anymore. The country has never taken place in semi 1 before.
                                Azerbaijan + Armenia, Cyprus + Greece, Ukraine + Poland, Moldova + Romania aren't in the same semi.
                                --> It's very balanced, imo.
                                Last edited by Mainshow; Tue January 28th, 2020, 17:07.
                                Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
                                  This feels like the longest it's ever taken for us to get any songs released.... there's usually a handful by now, I wonder what will be the first? I don't count Albania as we only have a performance of it so far and they nearly always mix it up.
                                  I thought about it yesterday as well! - Last year, we already got 4 official entries by 28th January but this year, we basically didn't get anything (I don't count the Albanian entry either because it will be fundamentally changed.). Also, we will get just a handful of entries in the first week of February. As long as we won't be getting any "surprise releases", we will be getting 35 entries within 3 weeks (starting from 14th February).

Spain will release its entry on 30th January, though.

Comment

• I actualy work for the township of Rotterdam, in the building right behind the city hall where the allocation draw took place, so it was fun to see! The presenters did a good job, since its pretty dry stuff.
                                    ​​​​​​
                                    I feel people are cautious indeed with announcing the official songs and participants, like they want to see what the other countries do first.

Comment

I actualy work for the township of Rotterdam, in the building right behind the city hall where the allocation draw took place, so it was fun to see! The presenters did a good job, since its pretty dry stuff.
                                      ​​​​​​
                                      I feel people are cautious indeed with announcing the official songs and participants, like they want to see what the other countries do first.
                                      Wow, that's awesome! It already feels that you are part of Eurovision ;)

Comment

• I've taken a look at the last 5 placings of each country in its semi final and calculated its average rank (Australia just participated in four semi finals). After that, I ranked all countries based on their average scores. I know it's not going to happen that way because the songs, artists and performances are a way more important factor but just based on the country's history, these would be the qualifiers of 2020:

SEMI 1:

#1 Sweden [2,2]
                                        #2 Australia [3,0]
                                        #3 Ukraine [4,8]
                                        #4 Israel [5,6]
                                        #5 Russia [5,8]
                                        #6 Norway [6,0]
                                        #7 Cyprus [6,0]
                                        #8 Belgium [6,8]
                                        #9 Romania [7,4]
                                        #10 Azerbaijan [8,0]
                                        --------------------------
                                        #11 Lithuania [9,6]
                                        #12 Malta [10,2]
                                        #13 Slovenia [10,6]
                                        #14 Ireland[11,6]
                                        #15 Belarus [11,8]
                                        #16 North Macedonia [12,2]
                                        #17 Croatia [12,4]

SEMI 2:

#1 Austria [7,2]
                                        #2 Bulgaria [7,2]
                                        #3 Czech Republic [8,0]
                                        #4 Estonia [8,8]
                                        #5 Serbia [9,2]
                                        #6 Armenia [9,4]
                                        #7 Poland [9,6]
                                        #8 Moldova [10,0]
                                        #9 Greece [10,2]
                                        #10 Portugal [10,8]
                                        --------------------------
                                        #11 Latvia [11,0]
                                        #12 Denmark [11,0]
                                        #13 Georgia [11,2]
                                        #14 Albania [11,4]
                                        #15 Switzerland [12,8]
                                        #16 Iceland [13,2]
                                        #17 Finland [14,0]
                                        #18 San Marino [14,2]

Based on the "ranking" history, one can see that Semi 1 isn't really that "open". The gap between #10 (Azerbaijan), the last qualifier and #11 (Lithuania) is 1,6 whilst the gap between the last qualifier and the first non-qualifier in Semi 2 is VERY narrow: 0,2.

Also, it seems that semi 1 is full of sharks and power houses. The first eight countries (Sweden to Belgium) have a better average than the winner of Semi 2 (Austria). Semi 2 has got the four least successful Eurovision countries in recent years: Switzerland, Iceland, Finland and San Marino.

However, one can see that Semi 2 is way more competitive. The difference between #1 (Sweden) and #10 (Azerbaijan) is only 3 whilst the difference in Semi 1 is quite high: 5,8.

That list is also quite revealing, imo. It shows that the days of Azerbaijan as a clear qualifier are long gone. Same applies to Greece whilst I really think that Austria, the Czech Republic and Estonia got a very good draw.

However, that list got its flaws as well: I don't think that neither Iceland, Denmark nor Finland will be absent from the Grand Final but the ranking also reveals that they are no Sweden or Norway and really need to come up with a strong entry to benifit from their draw.

Comment

• the draw is interesting to say the least

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainshow View Post

Wow, that's awesome! It already feels that you are part of Eurovision ;)
                                            It does feel a bit like that! On our "intranet" (internet working space) here there was an article about how the town hall was partly unavailable for a while for workers/visitors becouse of the allocation draw, and another article about ticketing and volunteering and stuff, really fun!

Comment

• Spanish entry for 2020.

Blas Cantů - Universo

Comment

• Spain aint gonna win this year, it's a bit genereic imho. Not horrible though!

Comment

• Spanish entry is alright. But that something extra is missing.

Comment

• The problem is they fell into the trap of trying to replicate last years winner, and listening to some national selection entries I think we might get a few of these stripped back male ballads, but they never seem to learn that the winning songs are usually the ones that go against the grain, that's what makes them stand out on the night.

I love Spain the most when they go full on Fiesta, but I guess that didn't really work for them last year.
                                                    1 Harry Styles|2 Dua Lipa |3 Doja Cat |4 Elodie|5 Lizzo |

Comment

Working...
                                                    X