Eurovision Song Contest 2020, Rotterdam, The Netherlands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
    I love Spain the most when they go full on Fiesta, but I guess that didn't really work for them last year.
    It had been good before the revamp last year, that revamp sucked the life out of "La Venda" instrumental. Also the staging was questionable.
    Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Benny Cristo - Kemama

Czech Republic's 2020 entry has been chosen.
      I am pleasantly surprised, it's fun and it's not safe.

Comment

• Tbh I was kinda mad first cause I was REALLY rooting for We All Poop, and I still think it would have been the better choice and I'm sad we won't see it in Rotterdam...but Kemama isn't actually bad. It's definitely enjoyable imo.
        ˇEh, mamá!
        Me quiero matar
        El mundo se va a la mierda
        Y no he hecho nada

Comment

• Originally posted by flopho View Post
          Tbh I was kinda mad first cause I was REALLY rooting for We All Poop, and I still think it would have been the better choice and I'm sad we won't see it in Rotterdam...but Kemama isn't actually bad. It's definitely enjoyable imo.
          I was also rooting for We All Poop, but I guess, the obvious comparisons to Twenty One Pilots turned off some of the juries.

Comment

• Wow Africa comes to Eurovision via Czech Republic, very unexpected and I love it!
            1 Harry Styles|2 Dua Lipa |3 Doja Cat |4 Elodie|5 Lizzo |

Comment

• Czech republic is nice!

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo View Post

Norwegian NF is something else though. Doubling down on KEiiNo formula.
                SLAY.

I still maintain KEiiNO were robbed.

Comment

• The first night of San Remo 2020 was fun. Elodie has established herself as a contender with a song written by Mahmood and produced by his collaborator Dardust.
                  Some might compare "Andromeda" to Dua Lipa.

Comment

• ^is it that they're proud of their language or they don't have English songwriters?
                    Don't Worry, Cause You're Really Not That Hard to Replace.

Comment

• Some Eurovision-related drama going on

Sanremo 2020 - Bugo leaving the stage mid-performance because Morgan changed the lyrics of their song to diss him

Some context

For those who may not be aware of the context of the aborted performance, apparently Morgan dissed Bugo by saying he's ungrateful, rude, arrogant, and that their performance the other night made him look bad. Oh, and that, if Bugo is in Sanremo, it's because of him.

Morgan has a history of having a prima donna/drama queen atittude, btw.
                      ˇEh, mamá!
                      Me quiero matar
                      Y no he hecho nada

Comment

• Someone writing for a Eurovision blog received these messages from a guy who participated over a decade ago and did poorly, this is killing me rn
                        (send me a pm if you wanna know who it is)

ˇEh, mamá!
                        Me quiero matar
                        Y no he hecho nada

Comment

• Montaigne will represent Australia with the song "Don't Break Me"

ˇEh, mamá!
                          Me quiero matar
                          Y no he hecho nada

Comment

• Just finished Watching. Vanessa Amorosi's was far and above my Fave, but I had Montaigne and Mitch Tambo as secondary picks. The rest had some moments. Should be interesting.
                            Last edited by Affillate; Sat February 8th, 2020, 13:37.
                            UKMIXtapes Vol.3 | ROUND 9!

Comment

• Haven't seen the performances yet but most people seemed to like the song but disliked the staging. Gonna watch them later.
                              Also: Dami Im revealed she's gonna participate in Australia Decides next year.
                              Last edited by flopho; Sat February 8th, 2020, 13:34.
                              ˇEh, mamá!
                              Me quiero matar
                              Y no he hecho nada

Comment

• Don't break me isn't screaming WINNER to me at all. This is based on the above audio clip. Maybe the live performance will make the song more memorable.

I wasn't fully sold on Zero gravity until the semi final performance, then it just rocketed up my estimates.

Comment

• Just listened to the official audio, Australia keeps sending good songs! Not sure if its winner material, but still not bad at all!

Comment

• I came here to express my complete disgust that Australia passed on the chance to send Vanessa Amorosi. I fell in love with her back when she sung at the Olympics and have followed her ever since. She is incredibly talented. However, having watched her NF performance, I can see why she wasn’t picked. The song was far too shouty and definitely didn’t showcase her at her best.

I think the Montaigne song has potential. She clearly needs to sack her stylist and have a major staging intervention, but I think it’s salvageable. If she can improve her vocals over the next few months, I’d say it could be a solid entry (but not a winner).

Comment

• I want to know who the artist is and which blog it was flopho

I watched Australias show today, the winning song was pretty good, but the staging needs a complete overhaul. I'm excited to hear what Italy and Latvia pick today, the Elodie song is pretty good from Italy, I believe written by Mahmood too.

Comment

• Also great to see The Mama's through to the Swedish final, after they were the best thing about last years entry. Love their song, chemistry, voices etc.

Comment

• Ever since Aminata, Latvia have mostly continued down this route

I feel like this is a poor mans Maruv though. I was bored before the end.

Comment

• Awful choice for Latvia.
                                            There is only one ESC related female singer, which I dislike more than Samanta Tina.
                                            My celebrity crushes : Monika Sedziuviene, Kristina Ivanova (YVA).

Dreamer, you must to visit Lithuania and see/listen a live concert of your YVA strawberries.

Comment

• Absolutely love the song from Australia, but the live performance / staging is terrible. Hopefully another Kate situation there.

Comment

• Oh, and good to see Anna Bergendahl going to the finals immediately, unlike last year. Though the song doesn't get me as much as "Ashes To Ashes" did when I watched the performance.

Comment

• Diodato will represent Italy with the song "Fai rumore"!

ˇEh, mamá!
                                                  Me quiero matar
                                                  Y no he hecho nada

Comment

• Latvia to me is what Telemoveis was to many people last year..I just don't get it and I kinda dislike it sorry :/
                                                    Also not feeling Italy as much as usual with their entries, hope it grows on me.

Italy's live performance:

ˇEh, mamá!
                                                    Me quiero matar
                                                    Y no he hecho nada

Comment

Working...
                                                    X