Queen of Drags [German reality show]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Queen of Drags [German reality show]

German TV station ProSieben has licensed the official RuPaul‘s Drag Race franchise, however RuPaul herself is not planned for the roles as presenter and jury head - instead reports claim it is Heidi Klum. Bill Kaulitz of Tokio Hotel - his twin brother and band mate Tom is married to Heidi - is said to be part of the jury.

ProSieben is also showing Germany‘s Next Topmodel by Heidi Klum which had its strongest ratings in years this season.

Source:
    https://www.blu.fm/kultur/people/mac...-die-brigitte/

Update: It seems like it's not an official franchise after all.
    2019 Year End Charts: The 20/20 Experience

wouldn't be too surprised tbh, she already brought some Queens to the last two GNTM cycles

Comment

Wait, not one drag queen in the jury? Well that's a choice.
      I have received many gifts from God,
      but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Not a fan of that.
        "What goes around comes back around my baby"

Comment

I am not surprised.
          I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

Originally posted by beredy View Post
            Wait, not one drag queen in the jury? Well that's a choice.
            haha
            Forever Young

Comment

I knew this would happen at one point but Heidi Klum and Bill Kaulitz - really?

They should hire Olivia Jones as the head judge tbh

Comment

No drag queen in the jury? BTW isn't Bill still in the closet?
                Haven't been early since '88

Comment

I don't think it's final that there will only Bill and Heidi. And if so, they had a new guest judge every week for Germany's Next Topmodel as far as I know and might do the same for this with Drag Queens
                  aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

This may be the one time I actually learn German lol

Comment

So this will officially be called Queen of Drags, filming has already started, Conchita Wurst has joined the judge panel and they still want to air it this Fall!

Good news!

Comment

This will finally start on the 14th November.

Plus Olivia Jones will be a guest judge on the first episode (for those who don't know her; she's probably the most popular German Drag Queen). Thank god she's at least somehow a part of this

Comment

The judges panel is kinda tragic, isn't it

Comment

Originally posted by ArmyOfMe View Post
                            The judges panel is kinda tragic, isn't it
                            Completely tragic. To not have a drag queen be the lead judge is just wrong.

Comment

Agreed. But that's typical ProSieben (the broadcaster). They do it for the money/popularity and not for what the show is actually for. I'm glad they got Conchita at least...

Comment

The license should come with certain requirements though. Certain quiz shows actually have a very tight description of how the host is supposed to behave in that quiz format and when you license it you have to do it like that. It's strange that RPDR didn't do something like that with the license.

Comment

^ True.

But hey, as for now these are thoughts based on what was announced so far. Maybe Heidi (and Bill) actually turn out to be decent judges.

Comment

Ok, the trailers for this actually look very promising and LaToya & Leona Lewis are two further guest judges. My expectations just rose a lot!

Comment

I hope this airs with subtitles as I'd love to watch it. The trailer makes it look amazing
                                      Love you like a love song!

Comment

Here's the latest trailer.

Looks like they will live in a house together, but there are also some scenes from a workroom. Plus the main stage seems to be like a real stage (with an audience behind the judges) and it kinda looks like they have to put on a show there.

Will be interesting how similar it will be to RuPaul's Drag Race. I think it will end up as a mix between RPDR and Germany's Next Topmodel.

Also, I'm actually really hyped for Conchita!

Comment

Wow it looks 10 times better than any RPDR season
                                          5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

I hate reading subtitles but I may give this a try.....or Can I learn German in 2 weeks?

Comment

Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
                                              Wow it looks 10 times better than any RPDR season
                                              Eh, does it?

Comment

Originally posted by beredy View Post
                                                Eh, does it?
                                                Yeah, does it?

+ is Heidi Klum an expert in drag?

+ does she know what Snatch Game is?

+ OKURRRR
                                                YOU KNOW ME, I JUST DON'T STOP. | My last.fm

Comment

Idk… so many drag queen shows lately, mess.
                                                  Heidi? Not rlly sure...

BUT I'm glad drag is exposed this much lately… that's a good thing.
                                                  BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
                                                  YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

Working...
                                                  X