Don't think anything will ever taste the same
        When we lose what we love
        Don't think anything will ever feel as good again

Comment

slaay, what are WW predictions?
          Last FM <3
          Instagram

Comment

I can’t believe I’m rooting for a J.Lo movie to do well.

I can’t stand the It series tho.
            Originally posted by beredy
            When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

It seems that queen Fiona Apple is a low key J. Lo stan

The scene in question features Lopez alternately bumping and grinding on the floor and working the pole against a backdrop of dollar bills and Apple’s classic “Criminal.” Says music supervisor Jason Markey, “I was very scared because Fiona notoriously says no to everything.” (“Criminal,” a major hit in 1997, has only been licensed for TV a half-dozen times in 22 years, and never for a feature film.) But apparently the singer-songwriter couldn’t say no to J.Lo’s 50-year-old bootie. “We sent her the clip and she approved it, so I would assume she just liked what she saw,” Markey says of Apple. “Maybe she’s not a fan of Jennifer, but when you watch watch her dance, it’s undeniable. It’s dramatic gold.”

Comment

‘Hustlers’ Box Office: Jennifer Lopez And Constance Wu Break Records With Huge $33 Million Weekend

Lorene Scararia’s critically acclaimed and buzzy dramedy, about New York strippers who turned to theft and cons when the 2008 recession blew a hole in their business, opened this weekend with $33.2 million. That’s the biggest opening weekend ever for a live-action Jennifer Lopez movie, even adjusted for inflation. That’s the biggest ever opening weekend for STX Entertainment, well above the $20 million debut of The Upside and the $23.6 million launch of Bad Moms.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottme.../#52781116a135

Never write off my girl

Last edited by NoAngel; Sun September 15th, 2019, 17:13.

Comment

Comment

I'm watching this in 4 hours.
                    I have received many gifts from God,
                    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

At least it got a day in at #1
                      Originally posted by beredy
                      When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

Originally posted by beredy View Post
                        I'm watching this in 4 hours.
                        Enjoy and tell us your impressions afterwards

Comment

I haven't seen a trailer yet (I don't generally watch them anyway), but color me intrigued. This should be an entertaining film
                          The sands of time fade into dark
                          Feel your pulse it's groove o'clock
                          A message to madness
                          Feel music that's realness

Comment

Originally posted by NormiMalone View Post
                            I haven't seen a trailer yet (I don't generally watch them anyway), but color me intrigued. This should be an entertaining film
                            The trailer is really missleading and I wouldn't describe the movie as entertaining although it has some good comedy elements included. It's really complex and disturbing at times as well.

Comment

^^ Complex and disturbing? Now I'm even more intrigued
                              The sands of time fade into dark
                              Feel your pulse it's groove o'clock
                              A message to madness
                              Feel music that's realness

Comment

Another great article about the budget and marketing strategies

https://deadline.com/2019/09/hustler...rd-1202735075/

Comment

Official Hustlers Spotify Playlist

Comment

Jlo is getting oscar buzz
                                    Forever Young

Comment

So how was the film?
                                      COMMON LOVE ISN'T FOR US...

Comment

Originally posted by Loveguru View Post
                                        Jlo is getting oscar buzz
                                        COMMON LOVE ISN'T FOR US...

Comment

I enjoyed the movie. The story line was a bit thin, but that was expected.
                                          J.Lo was made for the role as Ramona. I can see why they wanted her to play the part.
                                          She did a great job. Very believable.
                                          Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

She's frontrunner in both best actress and supporting actress categories. I hope that STX will play smart and submit her for supporting category. I think her chances are bigger there.

https://www.goldderby.com/article/20...ws-6259380174/

https://www.goldderby.com/article/20...ews-839251074/

Comment

I never thought I'd see the day when there is Oscar buzz about a Jlo performance! I'm all for it though!

Comment

Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Whitney Houston

Comment

I thought the film was really good. Plot is a little thin, but overall I really liked it.
                                                    J.Lo was good but I don’t necessarily get all the Oscar buzz. I don’t see her winning to be honest.
                                                    Constance Wu had the best performance in this film in my opinion. Amazing!
                                                    "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

I thought the film was good when I saw it. It has big pacing issues in the first half though, I'm not sure I'd be up for a rewatch any time soon because of that.

J.Lo is good, but she's not breaking the mold of what she did in her previous roles. It's just that this role suits her acting ability more and that's it. I think all the Oscar talk is overexaggerated. The award season is yet to start and the heavyweights are yet to be released and she's really not giving THAT type of performance that turns head. There are a few scenes where a great actress would chew the scene but Lopez/director op for a cop-out reaction on screen.

IMHO Constance Wu is the clear acting star in this one. She does so much more with much less. I completely agree with [MENTION=25744]Noahh[/MENTION] there.

Comment

Well, award season begins in November (Independent Awards, Critics Circle, Hollywood FF, etc) so that's less than two months (and most of the voting process for everything but Oscars and SAG) lol
                                                        Beauty is beauty, whether is black or white

Comment

Originally posted by Beautyisbeauty View Post
                                                          Well, award season begins in November (Independent Awards, Critics Circle, Hollywood FF, etc) so that's less than two months (and most of the voting process for everything but Oscars and SAG) lol
                                                          There are critics/voter previews for movies not released before December though. That's how every year some unreleased movies (when it comes to general public) get noms.

Comment

Award season traditionally starts with TIFF as many movies that end up with Oscar get their premiere there.

Comment

Just watched it, i realy liked it! Don't realy get the oscar buzz for Jen though, but she was great!
                                                              You drew stars around my scars

Comment

Working...
                                                              X