Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cats (2019)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    This parody vid is a bit LOL (CATS Pitch Meeting):

    UKMIXtapes Vol.3 | ROUND 9!

    Comment


    • #77
      I don’t think I’ve ever come across a more widely panned mainstream movie...

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by Wayne View Post
        I don’t think I’ve ever come across a more widely panned mainstream movie...
        Gigli says hi
        When we lose what we love
        Don't think anything will ever taste the same
        When we lose what we love
        Don't think anything will ever feel as good again

        Comment


        • #79
          EXCLUSIVE: No amount of star power from Taylor Swift, James Corden, Idris Elba, Jason Derulo, etc., nor the direction of Oscar-winner Tom Hooper, could save Cats at the global box office.

          Our finance sources informed us over this weekend that the Universal/Amblin/Working Title feature adaptation of the near $4 billion-grossing Andrew Lloyd Webber stage musical is bound to lose at least $71M — that is, if the pic reaches a global box office result of $100M, meaning $40M stateside and $60M abroad. This is based off a production cost of $90M net–the pic was shot on soundstages in London–and a $115M estimated global P&A spend.

          Broken further out, total WW theatrical rentals, global free/pay TV, and global home entertainment revenues, including streaming, are expected to total at least $155M. Home entertainment costs plus global P&A stands around $226M, we’re informed. Universal wasn’t available for comment on these numbers.
          https://deadline.com/2019/12/cats-bo...on-1202818187/
          5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

          Comment


          • #80
            will this become a cult film in the future?
            Cha Cha Instructor

            Comment


            • #81
              I am surprised, I thought trailers were cool and I really did nit expect to see it bomb like this.
              nekoo.cz - follow me

              Comment


              • #82
                I have a feeling that this might become a classic down the line. Will likely do well on streaming.
                Diva!!!

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by TIfan View Post
                  I have a feeling that this might become a classic down the line. Will likely do well on streaming.
                  A lot of people will stream it just out of curiosity to see how bad it really is. And with so many people checking it out it is indeed likely that it will garner some amount of cult following. Wouldn’t be the first movie to bomb in theatres and be torn to shreds by critics only to make bank later down the road. Although in this particular case I do believe that it will remain a financial flop. I also think becoming a “classic” is damn near impossible.
                  This musical doesn’t translate well to film, and the makers found out the hard way. I can actually imagine it becoming a pop culture reference for “adaptations that are destined to fail”.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Nicole Scherzinger really dodged a bullet with this
                    Cha Cha Instructor

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                      Nicole Scherzinger really dodged a bullet with this
                      Don't think it could have done any more harm to her career. At least some people would have mentioned her name again.
                      "Lift up your head
                      Lift up your heart..."

                      https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                        Don't think it could have done any more harm to her career. At least some people would have mentioned her name again.


                        True, poor lass kind find success.
                        To be fair, J-Hud did good in this - definitely more of a singer than an actress though.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                          Don't think it could have done any more harm to her career. At least some people would have mentioned her name again.
                          I think the PCD Reunion is the better choice overall than this

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            I read reviews about it not having a plot. I saw the stage musical years ago and don't remember it having a plot. To me it was some random cats singing a song, just like I read in the reviews now. So that's exactly what anyone could suspect when going to see the movie, right? Or is it that different compared to the stage musical?
                            My Instagram... - Click here

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                              I read reviews about it not having a plot. I saw the stage musical years ago and don't remember it having a plot. To me it was some random cats singing a song, just like I read in the reviews now. So that's exactly what anyone could suspect when going to see the movie, right? Or is it that different compared to the stage musical?
                              I guess that is one of the main problems? I feel a lot of people who go to see the movie don't know much about the musical theatre play, I mean if you cast Jason Derulo, Taylor Swift etc. I wouldn't expect the same people to go.

                              Also people who played on West End are giving reviews that stop you from buying tickets to see it

                              https://twitter.com/BenjaminYates1/s...705811457?s=19 feel they trusted way too much on the GP knowing Cats, while a lot of people know the name, might know Memory and that's that.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by IVyoncé View Post
                                I guess that is one of the main problems? I feel a lot of people who go to see the movie don't know much about the musical theatre play, I mean if you cast Jason Derulo, Taylor Swift etc. I wouldn't expect the same people to go.
                                This reminds me of Les Misérables. I love that movie so much. I also love the stage musical. But when a friend of mine went to see it in the cinema, he was like: "We walked away, because they kept on singing." And I was like: "What did you expect?! It's a musical!"

                                Originally posted by IVyoncé View Post
                                Also people who played on West End are giving reviews that stop you from buying tickets to see it
                                What don't they like about it?
                                My Instagram... - Click here

                                Comment


                                • #91
                                  Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                                  I don’t think I’ve ever come across a more widely panned mainstream movie...
                                  Eh, most panned movie with a super-high profile? Yeah, I can kinda buy that. But there are some movies, mostly horror, that have been absolutely torn apart by critics on a level that makes this seem rather quaint.

                                  Comment


                                  • #92


                                    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

                                    Comment


                                    • #93
                                      I genuinely don’t think Rebel was that bad, to a lesser degree James Corden too. It’s easy to just jump on the hatred bandwagon. That being said, it wasn’t a good film nonetheless.

                                      Comment


                                      • #94
                                        This was amazing, i really don't get the hate and bad reviews.
                                        Cha Cha Instructor

                                        Comment


                                        • #95
                                          Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                          This was amazing, i really don't get the hate and bad reviews.
                                          I mean, I wouldn’t call it amazing but each time their own.

                                          Comment


                                          • #96
                                            Originally posted by Spartan View Post

                                            I mean, I wouldn’t call it amazing but each time their own.
                                            I really liked it, one of the best movies i've seen recently
                                            Cha Cha Instructor

                                            Comment

                                            Working...
                                            X