Strictly Come Dancing 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strictly Come Dancing 2019

The first three contestants have been announced!

Ex-England goalkeeper, David James
    Comedian, Chris Ramsey
    EastEnders actor, Emma Barton

I could have SWORN Emma had already done it?! Obviously not.

Darcey Bussell leaves the judging panel and is replaced by Oti Mabuse’s older sister, Motsi. It’ll be interest to see how she marks Oti’s dances!

Pasha is leaving the professionals line-up and is replaced by Latin dancer Nancy Xu.

Motsi in UK now. :O I love her and hope we won't lose here in German version of the show, would be sad.

When she ranked Oti's dances in the German show, she was fair in my opinion.
    I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

Next two contestants announced:

YouTuber, Saffron Barker (no, me either)
      Former Corrie actor, Catherine Tyldesley

Comment

Great to see Emma (Eastenders) coming. Wonder how she will dance and "be". As Honey she's always so "weird".

Sad to see Pasha leave. Wish Anton would finally go.
        My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Michelle Visage is one of the contestants.
          5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Buzzing for Michelle! She probably won't do very well though, unless they put her with Anton. RPDR UK has been pushed back to October as a consequence.

The line-up's been slammed as the worst ever... there's definitely more "who" contestants for me than usual.

Alex Scott, former Arsenal and England footballer
            Jamie Laing, Made In Chelsea
            Dev, Radio 1 DJ
            James Cracknell, rower
            Karim Zeroual, CBBC presenter
            Will Bayley, paralympian
            Emma Weymouth, aristocrat (WTF?)
            Anneka Rice, TV presenter
            Mike Bushell, sports presenter

I think bringing in too many YouTubers and randoms could harm the show in the long run. People just want to see familiar faces, surely there are dozens out there who would love to do it and are much more known.

Comment

I've seen these names being revealed over the last week or so. Even i'm still waiting for someone to be revealed where i can say "ahh yes, that's more like it". Hopefully they're keeping the best contestant reveals til last otherwise i'll be disappointed.

Don't get me wrong, they might end up being really amazing dancers...but i'm shallow and want some sexy young male celebs.

Comment

Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
                Michelle Visage is one of the contestants.
                Never heard of her name. Just googled her, but her face don't ring a bell either.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeP View Post
                  I've seen these names being revealed over the last week or so. Even i'm still waiting for someone to be revealed where i can say "ahh yes, that's more like it". Hopefully they're keeping the best contestant reveals til last otherwise i'll be disappointed.

Don't get me wrong, they might end up being really amazing dancers...but i'm shallow and want some sexy young male celebs.
                  Nobody’s ticking the hot male celeb box this year, unless Jamie Laing does it for anybody? some people may still find David James attractive I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                    Never heard of her name. Just googled her, but her face don't ring a bell either.
                    Living legend. It takes 2 is one of my jams. Check it out on youtube. You'll for sure recognise it. Plus Drag race, Celebrity big brother. I love her. I am so looking forward to seeing how she does
                    Love you like a love song!

Comment

Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
                      Living legend. It takes 2 is one of my jams. Check it out on youtube. You'll for sure recognise it. Plus Drag race, Celebrity big brother. I love her. I am so looking forward to seeing how she does
                      I haven't seen any of those programs.

Comment

Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                        I haven't seen any of those programs.
                        You might recognise the song though

Comment

For such a big show this cast is terrible Other than the legendary Michelle Visage and recognising David James and the 2 soap actresses I don't know anyone else

Comment

James Cracknell is ticking my hot male box this year but, in general, poor line up.

Comment

Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
                              You might recognise the song though
                              Which song? I googled "It takes 2" by Michelle Visage, but no song came up.

Originally posted by jason2379 View Post
                              For such a big show this cast is terrible Other than the legendary Michelle Visage and recognising David James and the 2 soap actresses I don't know anyone else
                              I usually know only a few anyway. We watch a lot of BBC, but can't watch other English channels. Still, you get to know the people as the weeks go by. And it gives you a more open minded look as I usually don't have a favorite before the show starts.

Comment

^ the song is actually called "Two To Make It Right" and is by Seduction (where Michelle was a part of)

I hope she does well on the show. Love her

Comment

^ Never heard the song nor seen the video and I watched a lot of MTV back in 1989. But it hasn't been a big hit in Europe, so that explains why I don't know the song.

Comment

She also interviewed Kween Whitney in 2002:

Such an all-around ratchet mess.
                                    Originally posted by Kaloki
                                    I don't understand why WBT still isn't at #1 tbh.

Comment

I can’t believe any UKMIX poster doesn’t know RPDR.

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                                        I can’t believe any UKMIX poster doesn’t know RPDR.
                                        I know right.

I suppose I follow music from around the world. I thought most people wouild have known the song lol

Comment

Kylie Minogue will kick off the 2019 series of Strictly Come Dancing with a show-stopping medley of hits to which the professionals will perform. Bring on the Strictly version of the Loco Motion…

The BBC is still keeping the date a closely guarded secret but Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman are both back to welcome the 14 new celebrities who are hoping to waltz, tango and cha-cha their way to pick up the Glitter Ball trophy.

The show, as always, will then see the celebrities paired with their professional partners for the first time before the launch show will also see the celebrities take to the floor for the very first time in a spectacular group dance.

There will also be musical performances from Oscar winnerr Mark Ronson and Grammy award winner YEBBA.

Comment

Well I’ll tune in for Kylie at least, not sure how invested I’ll be in this series but I’ll probably watch it anyway.

Comment

The launch show proved to me it’s the most Z-List line-up they’ve ever had. At least Kylie was good.

Comment

Hopefully Michelle and Giovanni will be a great couple, he did well with Debbie and I think he’s a popular pro.

Really thought they’d pair up Anneka and Anton but it seems like they’ve given Kevin the dud as he won last year I think Emma and Anton will do really well!

Hope the vlogger goes early, she has the charisma of a potato.

As if Jamie injured himself on the group dance... are they not replacing him?!

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                                                  As if Jamie injured himself on the group dance... are they not replacing him?!
                                                  I read about this and wondered whether he'd done a Will Young and "quit" because he couldn't be arsed.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X