The Apprentice 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Apprentice 2019

One of the telly highlights of the year is back on Wednesday!

Line-up can be seen in full here: https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/realit...tes-announced/

Finally, can't wait!
    My YouTube Channel - The best songs of the 80s, 90s and 2000s

Comment

The tours were tragic, I swear a dozen 11 year olds could’ve done better. Why would you do a safari and not know any facts about the animals, and the women bickering within two minutes is so standard.

That Cockney bloke is gonna be a nightmare. When he almost called Lord Sugar “Sir Alan”

Comment

I used to enjoy watching this but i really do feel like it's past its sell by date.

I didn't even watch it last night but having checked out their photos in the Digital Sky link, i feel like i already know exactly what they're like just from their poses.

Comment

This new batch looks like they are all made from the same mould. Horrible people, and there's nobody that I could even remotely root for. Only two stand out, the Cockney guy and the one doing something with womenswear.
          Last year, at least there were three that were somehow entertaining and intriguing; that guy who held professional speeches, the one with the anti-hangover sachets, and that one aspiring director guy.
          The tours were horrible. Even considering that they were all novices at this task, how is it possible they didn't prepare themselves properly and cover all or most, eventualities? I know that they are not allowed to use electronic devices (internet, etc.), but still. It's pathetic some call themselves project leaders/managers!
          Anyhow, the show had its super cringe moments but was mostly enjoyable.
          Karren and Claude's facial expressions are priceless! Lord Sugar's comments are so awkwardly scripted. They should work on this issue.
          trebor's - 2016 in Country Music
          trebor's - 2015 in Country Music

Comment

The cast list is very generic and gone are the days when people with actual business sense made it on... they’re basically all made to look like imbeciles for six weeks until suddenly a few of them have a breakthrough that shows a smidgen of ability so they’re able to justify the finalists as being capable. It was so much better before the “business plan” days, when it was an actual job role.

That said, it’s still great TV.

Comment

^
              Yes, agree on both.

Comment

Lottie talking over the person who worked at the winery while showing off her knowledge of wine . Absolutely insufferable.

The opening episode was the usual fun car crash TV.
                late.

Comment

The standard this year seems shocking - like seriously, I'm sure one of them is a Sales Consultant? Call me snobby but surely the show can do better than that?!

First challenge was a disaster - when the Rhinos were there and the tour guide said they were elephants...smh.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                    The standard this year seems shocking - like seriously, I'm sure one of them is a Sales Consultant? Call me snobby but surely the show can do better than that?!

First challenge was a disaster - when the Rhinos were there and the tour guide said they were elephants...smh.
                    *facepalm*

I can't remember which series it was but i distinctly remember being astonished when one of the female contestants asked that burning question "do the french love their children?". Safe to say my interest in the show nosedived after that - i'm almost sure these contestants are coached on what to say by the producers before they even start filming.

Or maybe these contestants really are both shallow and incredibly stupid.

Comment

Thomas is dreadful, he's going to get worse and worse I feel, he rubbed me up from the initial boardroom introduction where he was laid right back like he couldn't give a toss.
                      1 pnau |2 Gabrielle Aplin |3 Dotter|4 Sofi Tukker |5 Afrojack

Comment

What another silly task.

Cheesy cola lolly? Christ. She deserved firing just for that suggestion.

Why would you stuff flowers into a lolly? At least they didn’t look like willies

That Ryan-Mark is well annoying, what a w*nker. One of the women is a librarian?!

It looked like Junior Apprentice with those final three sat in the boardroom.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeP View Post
                          *facepalm*

I can't remember which series it was but i distinctly remember being astonished when one of the female contestants asked that burning question "do the french love their children?". Safe to say my interest in the show nosedived after that - i'm almost sure these contestants are coached on what to say by the producers before they even start filming.

Or maybe these contestants really are both shallow and incredibly stupid.
                          Ironically that was Susan Ma who is one of the actual capable candidates and I think I'm right in saying the only non winner to go into business with Lord Sugar. I think she still is and it's one of the most successful Apprentice ventures!

Those days it was a fun watch. These days it's so hard to view, I always get the feeling they are being made out to be mugs and editing and production interference is too much. All these shows fail the less organic they get.
                          Check out my Top 100 of 2012 Countdown!

Comment

Oh and Thomas, Lottie and Ryan-Mark are ALL insufferable.
                            Check out my Top 100 of 2012 Countdown!

Comment

Originally posted by king_oxymoron View Post
                              I always get the feeling they are being made out to be mugs and editing and production interference is too much.
                              This line alone hits the nail on the head. I've seen this happen with so many shows but in most cases the producer interference is so blatantly obvious it tarnishes the show.

It's nothing but a parody of its former self now and that's what i find most disappointing about these shows. They've totally lost grip with what made the shows successful and popular in the first place.

Comment

I still really enjoy it if I'm honest
                                Love you like a love song!

Comment

This was so terribly bad and it got more and more absurd by every passing minute.
                                  Cringe-worthy TV gold!
                                  The guy who got fired's business plan was (and probably still is) vegan booze lollies!

Comment

It does get more ridiculous every year but it is still one of my very favourite shows on TV and I do get excited for it being on. I am shocked how much people pay for ice lollies!! You can get a box of them for a quid at Iceland!!

I think Carina seems most switched on for me early on, Riyonn is the worst spelling of Ryan I have ever seen. Thomas did well this week, I didn't hate him as much as I did last week.

Comment

Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
                                      It does get more ridiculous every year but it is still one of my very favourite shows on TV and I do get excited for it being on. I am shocked how much people pay for ice lollies!! You can get a box of them for a quid at Iceland!!

I think Carina seems most switched on for me early on, Riyonn is the worst spelling of Ryan I have ever seen. Thomas did well this week, I didn't hate him as much as I did last week.
                                      I agree. I still get excited

Comment

Thomas and his awful turtle “IT’S YOUR FRIEND! IT GIVES YOU POSITIVE MESSAGES!”

My Little Unicorn is also pretty useless.

Comment

Aisha’s voice is so irritating, who does she sound like?!

Comment

I thought the turtle was cute; useless but cute. Additional points for the extra glove that comes with it! #TommyTheTalkingTurtle
                                            Souleyman should not have been fired or at least the weak project leader (campy Riyonn) should have left with him. If you cannot properly handle and deal with a nay-sayer than you are not up for the job.

Comment

It was probably the edit but he was the most negative contestant in ages.

Comment

Hope that arse Thomas leaves this week. As if that team completely ignored the woman who owns an electric bike.

Comment

OMG Iasha’s voice, can’t take it anymore. They blitzed that other team though!

I don’t like that that Riyonn, he’s so smarmy and condescending, plus his name is shit.

At least one of the deadwood is gone.

Comment

That must be the biggest amount raised ever surely?

Comment

Actually I’ve had a huge turnaround on Thomas, he was the one I liked least in week one and my favourite now. Squeaky voice was well too obsessed with sophisticated Sarah, I feel like she touches herself thinking about her. Lottie is the worst.

Comment

Loved this episode!
                                                        I have to admit that I like Thomas the most now (for entertainment value, that is). He's like a loose bull on drugs.

//

"Sophisticated Sarah"

Comment

I really like Aisha - what a great episode.

I thought she was a terrific PM - they took the piss out of her but her vision won the task.

Comment

That annoying stuck up girl who said “you don’t gamble in business” (erm, you do) is so irritating. Where did the foreign lady (Gemalin?) come from, haven’t noticed her until this week and she was useless.

Riyonn and his pompous attitude can do one.

Comment

Working...
                                                            X