The Politician [Netflix]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Politician [Netflix]

Anybody been watching? Iím four episodes in and hooked! Another Ryan Murphy/Brad Falchuk show about a high school kid whoís convinced heíll one day be President and all the dramas that go with getting there.

It looks good but I’ve heard mixed reviews about the show, and the main character is likened to Rachel Berry, which is off-putting. What a fantastic cast though.

Comment

I loved this, got totally hooked! Itís very dramatic with lots of twists! I particularly loved Jessica Lange
      You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

Will start this today
        DRINK. SMOKE. DANCE. VIBE A LITTLE BIT | My last.fm

Comment

Very mediocre in my opinion. Murphy doesn‘t live up a single bit to his abilities.
          The characters are overly weird, Jessica Lange as the mentally disturbed grandmother is unbearable to watch and the overall vibe is very ‚outworldly‘.

Comment

I started watching too, just finished the first episode. I'm loving it so far. I think it's extremely entertaining.
            "Is Stalin on your shoulder..."
            https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeveren-1/jasper-russia
            "..as he was with his composers?"

Comment

I binge-watched this in one day. I thought it was fantastic! I'm so excited for S2.
              Akini's Top 400 Songs of the 2010s: [385-381]

The forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe, for the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was made of wood, he was one of them.

Comment

I accidentally binged the whole thing in 1 go. It was quite short!
                Loved it from start to finish. I was simply enormously entertained by the plot, acting, cinematography and the great satirical humour. It was hilarious! The Dusty/Infinity/Ricardo moments were priceless, I laughed my *ss off.
                "Is Stalin on your shoulder..."
                https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeveren-1/jasper-russia
                "..as he was with his composers?"

Comment

I thought it was terrible! I was expecting a fun, funny show and didn’t laugh once.

Comment

It was really watchable, I’m glad they moved away from the school in the last episode as that was getting a bit samey. Bring on season two! I hope this runs for many years as there’s a lot of mileage following Payton’s journey.

Comment

Won’t watch Season 2. I think 8 episodes were just tolerable.

I’d have loved to see more Gwyneth Paltrow & Brigitte though.

Comment

Iím very excited for season 2 and more OTT drama
                        You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                          I accidentally binged the whole thing in 1 go. It was quite short!
                          Loved it from start to finish. I was simply enormously entertained by the plot, acting, cinematography and the great satirical humour. It was hilarious! The Dusty/Infinity/Ricardo moments were priceless, I laughed my *ss off.
                          Same! The setup for season 2 was excellent.

Comment

that was kinda fun, I binged on it lol

Comment

Just finished binge watching this over the holidays! Loved it. I agree with [MENTION=834]Thriller[/MENTION] it was good to move it away from the high school setting toward the end.

It was over the top most of the time which made some of it ridiculously hilarious.

Comment

Working...
                              X