The Masked Singer [ITV]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Masked Singer [ITV]

ITV have started teasing their new series for 2020, the Masked Singer. I believe it’s a Korean format originally but aired across the world this year, including Australia and the US. It features singers and entertainers who remain anonymous by wearing disguises as they perform, and are then revealed when they’re eliminated.

Jonathan Ross, Rita Ora, Davina McCall and Ken Jeong will be the judges.

The first Dutch series just finished here. It's a nice format, though you know there won't be any A-list singers as it would be too easy to guess who is behind the mask.
    My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

I heard Gladys Knight was in the American one!

Comment

This show is driving me CRAZY.
        It started like three weeks ago in France, and the ratings were through the roof.
        It’s so ridiculous that it slays, and the whole mystery thing is so exciting.
        5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller View Post
          I heard Gladys Knight was in the American one!
          Kelly Osborne as well
          Love you like a love song!

Comment

Despite the typical ITV padding and endless ad-breaks, I enjoyed the first show.

The butterfly should’ve been saved instead of the duck, who was rubbish.

Spoiler!

I reckon the unicorn could be Jake Shears and the Chameleon is Alexander Armstrong... not sure on the others. People are saying Nicola Roberts or Charlotte Church for Queen Bee but it sounded like neither of them to me.

Comment

This was trash TV at its finest! Loved it.

Never guessed the Butterfly ...

I also thought the unicorn was Jake Shears & Charlotte Church maybe for Queen Bee...

Duck - maybe Mel C or Kelly Holmes. Chameleon - thought Chris Eubank until he sang! Hedgehog I thought Michael Ball.
              Last edited by steophonic; Sat January 4th, 2020, 22:55.
              Ste's Personal Chart 2020

Comment

I watched this too and really enjoyed the show.

The queen bee was my favourite. I thought the unicorn was John Barrowman.

Yeah i agree with @Thriller whoever was the duck didn't sound great.

Spoiler!

^ totally agree with this, i was genuinely surprised when she removed the mask.
                Last edited by JakeP; Sun January 5th, 2020, 00:16.

Comment

I think the duck could even be a man, the singing was very questionable! The long distance runner clue seemed too specific as well?

I also thought John Barrowman at first for the unicorn but the high notes felt more Jake Shears to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                    I think the duck could even be a man, the singing was very questionable! The long distance runner clue seemed too specific as well?

I also thought John Barrowman at first for the unicorn but the high notes felt more Jake Shears to me.
                    You've got me wondering if the duck could even be Caitlyn Jenner!

Comment

I am sure the unicorn is either Frankie grande or John barroman! My hub guessed the butterfly within 5 seconds of her singing

Comment

Nah, I really don’t think the unicorn is Barrowman, though I haven’t heard him sing for a few years those high notes aren’t within I’m his usual range.

Nicola sounded fantastic as per. Shame the other ginger left, but Patsy has always left me cold as a person.

Comment

I honestly didn't think it was Nicola at all

Comment

Queen Bee is definitely Nicola Roberts to me

I think Unicorn might be Gareth Gates.

Comment

Can’t believe who the unmasked singer was last night, she had such a good voice!

Comment

Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post
                                Queen Bee is definitely Nicola Roberts to me

I think Unicorn might be Gareth Gates.
                                Yeh I thought it was Nicola too.
                                Though she said she was the “joker of the pack”

Definitely didn’t guess the person who was voted out but new it was a soap star when the clue was my wedding was watched by millions.

Comment

It’s been MASSIVELY criticised as one of the worst entertainment shows of all-time but...

New ITV programme The Masked Singer won the ratings battle against BBC One’s The Greatest Dancer, pulling in over two million more viewers on Saturday night.

Surreal celebrity guessing game talent show The Masked Singer kicked off with an average audience of 5.5 million when it aired at 7pm, according to overnight ratings.

The Greatest Dancer, which also aired at 7pm, had an average of 3.2 million viewers.
                                  I would hazard a guess that that’s one of ITV’s best Saturday night entertainment ratings (not including the usual big guns like BGT and I’m a Celebrity...) in years.

Comment

Pfft, who cares if it's getting criticised by the media snobs. I enjoyed it and that's all that matters to me.

I'm happy the show did well in the ratings. Hopefully it'll pick up with tonight's show and the rest of the series.

ITV managing to keep the celebrity reveals a secret has worked wonders. No doubt had everything leaked to the tabloids beforehand there would've been no buzz whatsoever.

Comment

I have to say for some evening TV silliness, it was really good fun, and I enjoyed seeing something new on the telly, the unmasking was so exciting and I haven't really made many educated guesses at any of them. I did think Louis Spence at first for Unicorn but then the American accent changed that... the hedgehog I thought sounded a bit like Milton Jones.

The costumes are absolutely stunning as well, the work that must have gone into them, can't wait for episode 2!
                                      1 Harry Styles|2 Dua Lipa |3 Doja Cat |4 Elodie|5 Lizzo |

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                                        It’s been MASSIVELY criticised as one of the worst entertainment shows of all-time but...
                                        By whom...?
                                        The show seems to be a huge success all around the globe. Haven't seen the British version, but I suppose it's the exact same as the other ones. I don't really see what's there to criticise... just some light-hearted entertainment where the audience can join in on the guessing. There's literally a gazillion shows I can think of that are absolutely horrible, but this is supposed to be worse?

The only thing I found embarassing was how on the second season of the US version the judging panel obviously had to play dumb and make the silliest wrong guesses just to keep the "mystery" going, because they had candidates with extremely distinct voices that were impossible to get wrong. That's when you know that it is scripted and they can't give away the correct guesses too early. But who cares about the judges and their comments anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
                                          I honestly didn't think it was Nicola at all
                                          Nor me, it didn’t sound like her tone? Also the clues didn’t match and she sounded American...

Comment

Digital Spy and The Mirror both report that viewers tweeted their disapproval of the show, but it's such poor journalism, you can use peoples Twitter quotes to back up any story you want, they could have just picked out the 5 negative comments out of 10 million comments.
                                            1 Harry Styles|2 Dua Lipa |3 Doja Cat |4 Elodie|5 Lizzo |

Comment

The amount of news articles that base their story around tweets these days is ridiculous.

“FANS OUTRAGED AT THIS EASTENDERS SCENE”... it’s five people tweeting.

Comment

Is the monster Cee-Lo? Or at least someone doing an impression?

Comment

I've seen mostly positive reviews. It's the same with doctor who. Even though the majority of fans are enjoying it. Every single week you see 'Doctor who in ganger' or 'fans switch off by the millions' it's ridiculous. It's a fun TV show. People don't have to watch.

My guess for unicorn is Frankie Grande. He acted just like that on Big Brother. And he said when he was younger he and his family would travel on private jets. Could mean Ariana

Comment

Working...
                                                  X