No announcement yet.

The Masked Singer UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlotte Dawson is a good (onscreen Twitter) suggestion for Firework. Just waiting for one of the guessers to say they've drawn a blank!

Comment

• well that's obviously will young
      what's going on?

Comment

• Lionfish could be Will Young.

Comment

• "Pointe" is a ballet technique.

Comment

• bunny is mark from westlife, adam said this first but i can hear this now
            what's going on?

Comment

• Davina needs her ears checked! "Macy Gray"!!

Weird result. I guess the audience go for entertainment over singing ability.

Comment

• Lionfish - I thought some old queen like Jimmy Somerville or Will Young, so I was right this week! Can’t believe they ditched him over…

Firework - hasn’t got the best voice which made me think of Katie Price or Kerry Katona. Was also thinking it could be someone who had been in The Games but none of them are famous enough now bar Mel C and it ain’t her.

Mushroom - great voice but it’s not ringing any bells with me at all so makes me wonder if it’s not a conventional pop star? Does Jane McDonald sound like that… W for Wakefield?

Doughnut - Michael Owen or Gary Linekar, as it’s seemingly a golden boot winner from the clues. I’ll be shocked if it’s Michael Owen cos he’s dull as dishwater. Whoever it is, they’re the new Wagner

Robobunny - I definitely did hear a bit of Mark Feehily in the lower register this time! It seems like everyone’s convinced it’s him. Village People, go West(life)?

Comment

• It's defo Mark. The Irish twang slipped out when he was talking a tiny bit.
                  Turn the lights down low and kiss me in the dark
                  'Cause when you're touching me, baby, I see sparks..

Comment

• I thought firework sounded like Su Pollard and now someone Facebook has said the same so maybe it’s not so crazy
                    1 Harry Styles |2 Ochman |3 Purple Disco Machine |4 Go_A |5 Becky Hill

Comment

• After reading about a clue I missed and rewatching the performance with headphones, I think Rockhopper might be Michelle Williams after all. Definitely trying to mask her voice, but some lines are just so damn similar to her usual voice and style.
                      I guess the next clue package and performance will bring certainty.

Comment

• Poodle: Daniel Brocklebank from Corrie.

It sounds nothing like Olly Alexander so it can't be him.

Comment

• ^ don't know if it means anything but the official MS UK Twitter has ignored my suggestion but has RTed "Mika", "Olly Alexander" and "Richard Coles".
                          That's some naughty voice disguising if it's Mika or Olly. Might be Russell Tovey (who was in the show Years and Years)?
                          Last edited by Blondini; Sat January 15, 2022, 19:33.

Comment

• I think Panda is Lulu. Mrs thinks it's Alesha Dixon.

Comment

• Panda is Natalie Imbruglia (80% certain).
                              Last edited by Blondini; Sat January 15, 2022, 20:03.

Comment

• I got an official like! I had some help from other Tweeters but i can def hear Imbruglia in there.

Comment

• Wossy having to eat bagpipes!

Comment

• Ok, she definitely tried to disguise her voice during Higher Love, but I think after almost losing she decided to ditch that and sing normally… that Love Is Losing Game performance sounded 100% like Michelle Williams. The clues about empowering and helping her fellow penguins out is most likely about her Checking In Podcast.
                                    It also fits how she said she isn’t one to ruffle feathers, but is very talkative. And and this point I’m surprised that none of the panelists seem to have noticed and speculated about the Roman numerals on the back of her jacket (which match the Super Bowl she performed at).
                                    Last weeks’ “This penguin made headlines for being the first” probably alludes to her run at the West End as Roxie Hart in Chicago (first black woman to play Roxie).

Comment

• I've decided I'm gonna have to stop reading this topic as well as social media around masked singer, because other peoples guesses are spoiling it for me and for the first season so far, I have absolutely no idea who most of them are
                                      1 Harry Styles |2 Ochman |3 Purple Disco Machine |4 Go_A |5 Becky Hill

Comment

• Can’t people utilise spoiler tags when guessing?

Comment

• I had no idea what Pat Cash looked like but I guessed his name after seeing the “no card payment” sign in one of the clues.

Sticking with Michelle Williams for Rockhammer, a lot of the others guessed don’t have the range dahling!

Panda I’ve no idea but it reminds me of someone from the late 80s like Tiffany.

Poodle I thought I could hear Gary Barlow in his final performance and shades of Tom from Keane.

No idea on traffic cone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                                            Can’t people utilise spoiler tags when guessing?
                                            Why? We don't know the truth! The fun of it is seeing what people's guesses are and sharing your own! Everyone but Shane thinks this.

They even show Twitter guesses in real time on the show itself! So if you don't want to know anything at all you're screwed!
                                            Last edited by Blondini; Sun January 16, 2022, 19:47.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blondini View Post
                                              Panda is Natalie Imbruglia (80% certain).
                                              I think you could be right, I’ve listened back and I hear her.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blondini View Post

Why? We don't know the truth! The fun of it is seeing what people's guesses are and sharing your own! Everyone but Shane thinks this.

They even show Twitter guesses in real time on the show itself! So if you don't want to know anything at all you're screwed!
                                                You lose nothing by using the tags, and Shane can continue to participate in the discussion if he wishes? Anyway, just a suggestion so that everyone can continue to participate - not enforcing it.

Comment

• Ooooh Natalie Imbruglia is an interesting guess. Love her voice so surprised I've missed this (if it's true). Will need to relisten. Tiffany is a great guess too from Thriller Mike.

Comment

• panda is 100% Australian, now all i hear is natalie imbruglia since reading this thread
                                                    what's going on?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X