A Quiet Place 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Quiet Place 2

I absolutely loved the first part, so I'm very excited for the sequel, which will be released on March 20, 2020.

Last edited by Benny; Thu January 2, 2020, 21:23.
    My YouTube Channel - The best songs of the 80s, 90s and 2000s

Not sure what to think about this yet. I loved the first one, but I felt it was nicely wrapped up and didn't need a sequel. I find that especially horror movies tend to get worse and worse the more instalments they get. I'm just hoping that they won't overdo it.

Comment

^^ Agree. As much as I adore the first one, and enjoy anything with Ms Blunt, is this really necessary?

Comment

Wait, what about the frequency? And is this partly a prequel? The first one was overrated (a lot), not a bad movie, but definitely not worthy the hype and acclaim as it has more than enough dumb horror cliches. It definitely wrapped up things nicely and told the story well. So unless they pulled out some kind of a great idea I don't know if this one will be sequelitis free.
        I have received many gifts from God,
        but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

The bathtub scene in the first one with Emily Blunt was incredible. It was my second favourite horror of recent times, after Hereditary.

Comment

Loved the first one and the trailer for this looks amazing! Really looking forward to this

Comment

One of the most overrated horror films I have ever seen. Not at all interested in the sequel.

Comment

I enjoyed the first one, but agree that a sequel is a bit unnecessary considering how the first one ended neatly.
                late.

Comment

The first one is the last movie I saw in theaters. I am intrigued by this as I really enjoyed part 1.

Comment

Originally posted by urbanmusik View Post
                    I enjoyed the first one, but agree that a sequel is a bit unnecessary considering how the first one ended neatly.
                    I agree. It seems like a cash grab. I'll reserve proper judgement until I see it, but I don't think they can top the first!
                    Rolling back the rivers in time...

Comment

agreed. I will obviously watch but we don't need this.
                      "What goes around comes back around my baby"

Comment

Agree with everyone who said it's overrated. I'll definitely watch this but it's also not needed

Comment

This movie was filmed where I live in Western New York, USA!

Comment

‘A Quiet Place 2’ Release Date Delayed Over Coronavirus

Paramount Pictures is delaying the upcoming release of John Krasinski’s horror sequel “A Quiet Place Part II.” The movie was set to begin its international rollout on March 18 (including in the United Kingdom) before a nationwide bow in the U.S. on March 20. Krasinski, who wrote and directed the sequel, issued a statement on social media explaining how the coronavirus pandemic has made it impossible for the world to experience “A Quiet Place Part II” together, which is his ultimate wish for the movie.

“One of the things I’m most proud of is that people have said our movie is one you have to see all together,” Krasinski says. “Well due to the ever-changing circumstances of what’s not going on around us now is clearly not the right time to do that. As insanely excited as we all are for you to see this movie, I’m going to wait to release the film until we can all see it together. So here’s to our group movie date. See you soon!”

“A Quiet Place Part II” reunites Emily Blunt, Millicent Simmonds, and Noah Jupe as members of the Abbott Family, who venture out away from home and link up with fellow survivors in an apocalyptic world where alien monsters hunt for prey using only sound. The original “A Quiet Place” was a major financial success for Paramount in 2018. The horror film took in $188 million in the U.S. and just over $340 million worldwide. Box office expectations are high for “Part II,” and opening the film amidst the coronavirus outbreak could have greatly effected the numbers considering theaters across Europe remain closed.

Paramount said in a statement, “After much consideration, and in light of the ongoing and developing situation concerning coronavirus and restrictions on global travel and public gatherings, Paramount Pictures will be moving the worldwide release of ‘A Quiet Place Part II.’ We believe in and support the theatrical experience, and we look forward to bringing this film to audiences this year once we have a better understanding of the impact of this pandemic on the global theatrical marketplace.”

Paramount’s decision to delay “A Quiet Place Part II” follows their cancellation of “Sonic the Hedgehog” in international territories. United Artists Releasing and Universal announced last week the upcoming James Bond tentpole “No Time to Die” would be pushed from April to November, while Sony is delaying its family comedy “Peter Rabbit 2” from April until August. IndieWire has reached out to Paramount for further comment on the “A Quiet Place Part II” delay. Krasinski did not announce a new release date for the film.

https://www.indiewire.com/2020/03/a-...us-1202217148/

Comment

Not surprised. Many tentpole releases got pushed back. Bond before, now this, Mulan too. I expect more to be delayed. Many countries are closing cinemas so it's a no brainer big movies like this one that studios are expecting to take them $$$$$ are getting pushed back.
                              I have received many gifts from God,
                              but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Such a shame, it’s gonna be a quiet couple of months at the cinema for me. Some good smaller movies coming out now though.

Comment

one of the few films I was looking forward to this year, hope the delay isn't too long

Comment

I suppose this gives me the time to finally watch the first one!

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                                      I suppose this gives me the time to finally watch the first one!
                                      It was on Channel 4 last night (or maybe Friday night)!

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan View Post

It was on Channel 4 last night (or maybe Friday night)!
                                        I recorded it!

Comment

US Box Office: ‘A Quiet Place Part II’ Smashes Pandemic Era Records With $57 Million Debut

The movie business is breathing a little easier after Paramount’s “A Quiet Place Part II” roared to $57 million over the Memorial Day Weekend. It’s a sign that cinemas are back after more than a year of pandemic era closures, capacity restrictions, and skittish customers.

But the public health situation is changing dramatically, at least in this country, and that’s fueling optimism among exhibitors and studios. More than 60% of U.S. adults have had a least one shot of the vaccine and there is even some research that suggests 70% of Americans could be vaccinated by the summer. Last week, AMC, Regal and Cinemark announced that they will no longer require fully vaccinated guests to wear face masks.

What makes “A Quiet Place Part II’s” results particularly notable is that they are roughly in line with what the movie was projected to make prior to the pandemic. That, of course, didn’t play out according to plan. The sequel was originally set to open in March of 2020, but COVID-19 scrambled those ambitions. The initial film in the horror franchise, “A Quiet Place,” opened to $50 million in 2018. Of course, the profit margins will be a bit different. The first film cost a mere $17 million to make; its follow-up has a $61 million budget. John Krasinski returned to direct the sequel, with Emily Blunt, Noah Jupe and Millicent Simmonds reprising their roles. Djimon Hounsou and Cillian Murphy round out the cast. “A Quiet Place Part II” was shown in 3,726 theaters.

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/b...la-1234985034/

Comment

Will probably watch this but the original was overrated imho.

It started off intriguingly enough but ended disappointingly.

So alien creatures with hypersensitive hearing turn out to be vulnerable to loud, high pitched noises - not exactly surprising, surely?

It's a pity nobody in any of Earth's armed forces thought of that probability while the creatures were taking over the world....

Comment

I actually saw this last Friday, despite not having seen the original, and I thought it was kinda boring.
                                              Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Stay (not the Rihanna one)

Your heart is coloured with the love wrapped in the brilliant blue sky above, the breadth of the jewelled oceans, and the pure heat of the golden sun. And your heart is home to the cosmic creation that is you.

Comment

Great sequel, I loved it as much as the first one.

Comment

I think I preferred this one to the first! I got such a fright at one stage that my glasses came off my face.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X