Knives Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knives Out

Knives Out is a 2019 American mystery film written, produced, and directed by Rian Johnson. A modern whodunit, the film follows a family gathering gone awry, after the family patriarch's death leads a master detective to investigate. The film features an ensemble cast, including Daniel Craig, Chris Evans, Ana de Armas, Jamie Lee Curtis, Michael Shannon, Don Johnson, Toni Collette, Lakeith Stanfield, Katherine Langford, Jaeden Martell, and Christopher Plummer.

Knives Out had its world premiere at the 2019 Toronto International Film Festival on September 7, 2019, and was theatrically released in the United States on November 27, 2019, by Lionsgate. The film received critical acclaim, particularly for its screenplay, plot, humor, and performances, and has grossed $266 million worldwide against a $40 million budget. At the 77th Golden Globe Awards, the film received three nominations in the Musical or Comedy category: Best Motion Picture, Best Actor for Craig, and Best Actress for de Armas. It also received Best Original Screenplay nominations at the 73rd British Academy Film Awards and 92nd Academy Awards.
    My YouTube Channel - The best songs of the 80s, 90s and 2000s

This is an excellent movie with great twists and some very good acting (especially Daniel Craig, Jamie Lee Curtis and Toni Collette). It's definitely worth watching!
    My YouTube Channel - The best songs of the 80s, 90s and 2000s

Comment

I enjoyed it but it definitely isnít worthy of award buzz and Daniel Craig is a bit painful
      You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

One of my favourite films of last year. It had me sold at murder mystery and Toni Collette.

Comment

I LOVED it.

Comment

And Toni Collette took on her bravest role to date, in the form of Gwyneth Paltrow.

Comment

it was entertaining, more comedy than mystery but fun still

Comment

I thought it was a lot of fun all the way through but I wouldn't say it was something outstanding, it was a bit too light and goofy for it to be truly brilliant plus I didn't think the acting was all that great.
                I think it was equally good as "Ready or not" or something like "Clue".

Comment

Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                  I thought it was a lot of fun all the way through but I wouldn't say it was something outstanding, it was a bit too light and goofy for it to be truly brilliant plus I didn't think the acting was all that great.
                  I think it was equally good as "Ready or not" or something like "Clue".
                  bond's accent was irksome tbh

Comment

Originally posted by AndiIversen View Post
                    bond's accent was irksome tbh
                    That confused me, it kept changing. Sometimes he even lost the entire accent. Wrong/wonky accents are a pretty big pet peeve of mine in movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                      That confused me, it kept changing. Sometimes he even lost the entire accent. Wrong/wonky accents are a pretty big pet peeve of mine in movies.
                      I don't know why he got a GG nomination

Comment

I think it was meant to be completely over the top and outrageous. It's actually my favourite movie he's ever been in.

Comment

Working...
                        X