No announcement yet.

Coronation Street

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh too predictable! Really hated that silly “I forgot my bag” excuse for Rana being in there. That said, really loved the camerawork and direction of a lot of scenes in that episode, especially Kate at the end being covered in dust.

Izzy not even having a scratch really made my blood boil.
    THRILLER’S SOUNDS OF THE 90s

Comment

• They dragged that out didn’t they! It was a really emotional, if cheesy, death though. Fantastic performances all round.

As if they’d let Ali, a struck off student doctor, be the one to attend to Rana

The scene with David and Nick was horribly shoe-horned in.

Comment

• Crap if Iím honest.

Where was Robert?
        M08T10

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post
          Crap if I’m honest.

Where was Robert?
          Conspicuous in his absence.

Comment

• Criminal, not killing Izzy or Sean off.
            M08T10

Comment

Criminal, not killing Izzy or Sean off.
              Social media agrees!

Twitter is also kicking off that they’ve killed off a gay WOC.

Comment

Criminal, not killing Izzy or Sean off.
                Social media agrees!

Twitter is also kicking off that theyíve killed off a gay WOC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                  Social media agrees!

Twitter is also kicking off that theyíve killed off a gay WOC.
                  Let those keyboard warriors kick off - itís not like gay WOC live forever, or that we didnít know it was happening
                  M08T10

Comment

• Little Wayne suddenly not ginger anymore and to confuse matters the actor is called Adam Barlow!

Comment

• Amazes me how quickly people recover in soap - Sally falls through a roof and ten days later is absolutely fine. Not as bad as when Kush had a heart attack in EastEnders and the next morning was having a fry-up in the caff though

Comment

Amazes me how quickly people recover in soap - Sally falls through a roof and ten days later is absolutely fine. Not as bad as when Kush had a heart attack in EastEnders and the next morning was having a fry-up in the caff though
                        I remember that. Ridiculous
                        Love you like a love song!

Comment

• Corrie really is crap at the moment. Things I donít care about:
                          • Gormless Gemma and Clueless Chesney
                          • Tyrone's nan
                          • Tim's dad
                          • Roy's ring
                          • Nick's boring blackmail

Sometimes I think we expect too much from our soaps in 2019 but itís limping along at the moment with some really useless characters.

Comment

• I think the cast needs a cull to be honest. Iíd quite happily get rid of the Nazirs, Imran, Timís Dad, Kathy, Kate, Izzy, Sean and Dev and the twins.

Gemma and Chesney donít work together, no one is on Imranís side and Carla having drama is a weekly occurance anyway. I like the Roy and the ring storyline, as surely it will lead to something - Roy needs family and storylines.

Thereís a new family about to buy Norrisí house, which the press are claiming is the first black family on the street... which of course is completely wrong.

Spoiler!

However with Norris selling his house, it means Emily is almost certainly never to return - theyíve announced plans to totally revamp the house, which frankly it needs as itís been the same all the time Iíve watched
                            M08T10

Comment

• Aha! I did hear about that spoiler and couldn’t work out who that would be. A new family is timed right. Am I being thick... who was the last black family?

I would get rid of Kathy and bring Julie back, I really liked her and she’s Eileen’s sister - Eileen needs some actual family around her. Nicola seems to have disappeared again? Can’t they bring back Jason too?

Comment

• Lloyd was in it for years and they introduced his ex (who he quickly got back together with) and his daughter (who was a nurse then fell in love with Sophie and suddenly ended up working in the cafe).

But theyíve had black characters in it before - Maryís daughter in law was black, Steph (from the bistro) was black as was her brother. Then of course we had Jason who was mixed race, and his Dad Tony, along with that other guy Mike that Liz was (is?) dating (from Brookside).

However it might be entirely possible that this is the first black family to buy a house and move onto the street as a family unit in one go - Corrie is twice my age so I canít promise thatís a complete truth though

I welcome a new family though. Itís desperately needed. To be totally honest, The Rovers could do with a new family too - though I love Jenny being landlady.
                                M08T10

Comment

• Oh yes I think they mean it’s the first black family to arrive as a unit.

I like Jonny and Jenny in the Rovers, hope they stay there for a while! Could still imagine Jenny in there in 20 years, she’s so Corrie.

Comment

• My issue with Jenny and Jonny in The Rovers is the lack of drama it creates - Jenny and Jonny are fairly boring on their own and have little family.

Jenny feels really old school Corrie and Iíd love her build up a team of young barmaids like Bet and Shelley did.

But I love Jenny being nosey and all those faces she pulls without even saying a word
                                    M08T10

Comment

• Who even works in the pub now? Sarah, Sean, Gemma and Emma? They need a stronger more consistent team. Gemma is not barmaid material. They should have Sarah as head barmaid with two younger staff... or did Sarah leave when she went to the factory?

Comment

Who even works in the pub now? Sarah, Sean, Gemma and Emma? They need a stronger more consistent team. Gemma is not barmaid material. They should have Sarah as head barmaid with two younger staff... or did Sarah leave when she went to the factory?
                                        Michelle even did a shift the other week, so god only knows - including Jenny and Jonny and I’ve no idea how they can afford so much staff.
                                        M08T10

Comment

• Every episode lately just seems to be Imran shouting at people in the cafe.

Comment

• Now Chesney and Gemma in a caravan... it gets worse.

Comment

• OMG Kirk’s song... “our souls are beautiful”

Comment

• They recycled an old joke tonight from the classic Barlow AA meeting.

Comment

• Iím 3 weeks behind but something must be going on behind the scenes...

Spoiler!
                                                  M08T10

Comment

• Wow, quite the cull!

Comment

Wow, quite the cull!
                                                      The wrong characters though!
                                                      M08T10

Comment

The wrong characters though!
                                                        Always. Sean, Izzy and Gemma will be still there when they’re tearing the set down around them.

Spoiler!

Comment

• Mary was amazing in that episode. Screaming across the street and battering Freda

Comment

• Is Seb auditioning for Jesus Christ Superstar?

Why is that girl in the salon still there and getting so much screentime?

Comment

Is Seb auditioning for Jesus Christ Superstar?

Why is that girl in the salon still there and getting so much screentime?
                                                              She knows nick stole from his gran
                                                              Love you like a love song!

Comment

Working...
                                                              X