Coronation Street

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Thriller
    A gay character could still have multiple weddings and children, just in the non-traditional way!
    Of course they can and of course they do. But there’s no drama in making Simon gay and would be too contrived like how they made Robert bisexual in Emmerdale. At least with Ben Mitchell they played the long game and we all knew he was gay before he got there.
    M08T10

Comment

• They’ve signposted Jack’s illness too much imo. The Archers did the same storyline weeks ago and they dropped hints all week and it stk. some out of no where... which is much closer to real life sadly.
      M08T10

Comment

• Re: Coronation Street

How old is Ryan supposed to be? Surely he’s nearly 30 and chasing Bethany?
        M08T10

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123
          They’ve signposted Jack’s illness too much imo. The Archers did the same storyline weeks ago and they dropped hints all week and it stk. some out of no where... which is much closer to real life sadly.
          I suppose the grazed knee scenes had to be included to give it a bit of context to the viewers. Poor Jack, he’s too cute.

Ryan is about 26 I think, so yeah a tad old for Bethany... not as old as her last one mind.

Comment

• [spoiler:3dgtdwof]Jonny buys the pub as it’s the last place he saw Aiden. So that’ll probably lead to a big ‘behind the bar’ affair between Jonny and Liz, whilst Jenny lords it over as landlady.[/spoiler:3dgtdwof]
            M08T10

Comment

Oh I like that! Liz in the Rovers feels right, I hope she’s in it till the very end.

Comment

Oh I like that! Liz in the Rovers feels right, I hope she’s in it till the very end.

She’s got to get her job back first, but I agree - really, she’s the only link to the time the show revolved mostly around the bar and it’s staff.
                M08T10

Comment

• Oh not Eccles! :( a link to Blanche and Deirdre.

Comment

• Lost for words...

[spoiler:2p23hd6d]Jim McDonald is coming back... with the daughter Liz give birth to prematurely in the 1990s and then died the next day. Another case of mistaken identity as apparently the babies were swapped and Katie McDonald survived.[/spoiler:2p23hd6d]

Huge insult to viewers if you ask me.
                    M08T10

Comment

No way. That is absolutely ridiculous!

Comment

• Ah jaysus. That really does sound like a dire storyline tbh.

[spoiler:7rop5ktr]yay for Jim coming back though![/spoiler:7rop5ktr]
                        Remember us in AmenJena...

...If we could just go back to the start

Comment

• Why is Tyrone's "dad" the same age as him?! As if he'd have never twigged.

Comment

Why is Tyrone's "dad" the same age as him?! As if he'd have never twigged.
                            I said the same thing to my partner
                            Love you like a love song!

Comment

I had to rewind and make sure I heard him say ‘Dad’. Brother maybe! Dad? Never
                              M08T10

Comment

Most ridiculous casting since Simon Barlow: a mixed race child belonging to two white parents.

Comment

As if Jim would tell Liz in a busy restaurant that her dead baby is sat behind them as a grown woman

The whole play-out of that reveal was rubbish tbh.

Comment

As if Jim would tell Liz in a busy restaurant that her dead baby is sat behind them as a grown woman

The whole play-out of that reveal was rubbish tbh.
                                    The whole storyline is - but I’m hopeful for a twist. Once the con man, always the con man right? Whoever suggested Steve needed to be out of the picture for this initially was a fool. I hope Andy comes back though.
                                    M08T10

Comment

I didn't even consider it could be a con! I actually really hope it is.

Comment

If it is a con (and I hope it is) then this must be Jim’s final appearance... how could he come back from getting someone to pose as his dead daughter to trick his ex wife? Unless he isn’t in on the con and someone is pulling a fast one on Jim because of... oh I don’t know, he looked at the wrong person in prison?

I just see no advantage in bringing the dead baby girl back. I’m still waiting for them to bring back a long lost child of Steve’s via Vicky (raised as Bet Lynch’s granddaughter).

Hell, Emma being announced as Jim and Fiona’s kid (though too young?) would make more sense than bringing Katie back from the dead
                                        M08T10

Comment

• Emma is about exactly the right age to be Jim and Fiona’s!

If Jim is conning Liz there’s no way back is there. It makes me think they’re going to kill Jim off at the end of this appearance - he’s already referenced ill health.

Sharon Marshall mentioned on This Morning to “trust Corrie” in reference to this story.

Comment

Do you think? I’d have thought she’d need to be 20 at least? God, how contrived if they go down that road

I do think Corrie pull off their storylines reasonably well and know not to jump the shark too much - either their storylines fall flat, have too little drama or are spot on: it’s never sensationalist.

I’m convinced Jim is conning them - I’m just not sure how or why. I mean the obvious thing is to ask for a DNA test and I wouldn’t trust Jim’s solicitors - he’s always found guilty (which in fairness he is!)
                                            M08T10

Comment

Emma said yesterday she was 19, Jim and Fiona slept together in 1997 so she is a little too young then. Fiona had Morgan in February 1998 anyway so that just wouldn't work.

Comment

I’d like Fiona back actually.
                                                M08T10

Comment

Glad common sense prevailed!
                                                  M08T10

Comment

It all came out a bit quick (to the viewers) which makes me think Jim won't be around long at all?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X