No announcement yet.

Coronation Street

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evelyn was amazing tonight, she’s the only good thing about that Dobbs/Stape clan.

“GADARSSSEEE!”
    THRILLER’S SOUNDS OF THE 90s

Comment

• Oh god, Geoff is unbearable. Can’t wait for him to be found out.

Comment

• Does nobody on here watch this anymore? Might stop commenting.

The special 10,000th episode was disappointingly silly - I appreciated the nods to the past but I don’t understand why they made it into a comedy girls trip based around Dennis’ death. The episode should’ve been centred around Amy’s 16th taking place in the pub with the whole main cast popping in and out throughout and focussed on their conversations (in which they could’ve reminisced about the past) before ending with Rita’s scene in the pub and Ken’s ‘revelation’.

Also, they missed a trick by not having a face from the past return. Bet or Mavis should’ve popped in for whatever reason.

Comment

• Sorry, I do still watch, I'll make an effort because I enjoy reading your posts.

Geoff is horrible. The sooner he's found out the better.

I feel the same, I expected a much better episode than we got. I found it a bit boring.
          Love you like a love song!

Comment

• It's been good recently. Finally Ali is gone. He's been doing my head in recently. Same with Gary. Writers need to make up their mind about him. He changes from being good to bad on a daily basis.

Comment

• I couldn’t stand watching Ali’s awful hairstyle any longer

Gary is so slimy, he’s long overdue a comeuppance but I find it odd thinking about how two years ago he was the good guy against Phelan and now he’s using some of his tactics.

I hope Jade’s gone, so sick of her and find anything involving Fiz a chore to watch. More Evelyn though!

Comment

• "With effect from Monday, March 30, Coronation Street and Emmerdale's scheduling pattern will be changing due to the coronavirus pandemic. Emmerdale will air Monday to Friday at 7pm and Coronation Street Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 7.30pm."

Down to 5 and 3 episodes respectively. Emmerdale must be a bit further ahead?

Comment

• It's actually crazy I think emmerdale are 6 weeks ahead currently.

Comment

• As expected, both soaps downed tools today. They’ve got enough episodes to see us through till summer.

Comment

• The Yasmeen and Geoff saga has finally reached its peak! G’wan Yasmeen!

It’s been a really good storyline, frustrating at times but shows just how complex mental abuse can be. Both actors have been brilliant too.

I howled the other day when he called her Yas-ton Villa

Comment

• The young actress playing Asha is great. Had reservations about the Geoff / Yasmeen storyline but that episode was so unusually creepy i forgave them everything.

Check out Classic Corrie on ITV3! A young Joseph Gilgun and early stalker-ish Roy Cropper! (He had a thing for Deidre) Just all kinds of amazing to watch them both in retrospect. Tracy Brabin played Gilgun's mother! I looked on Wikipedia and it says Roy was supposed to be more like Norman Bates (an actual psychotic stalker who was dangerous) but David Neilson intentionally changed him to be more nuanced. Although it's never been stated on screen he actually has a form of Aspergers (autism). In real life, of course Joseph Gilgun revealed he is bipolar and this is reflected in Brassic (with Michelle Keegan). So it's apt that they both were onscreen friends.

Angela Griffin is still FAF, too. Barely changed in 25 years.
                        Last edited by Blondini; Mon May 11th, 2020, 16:45.
                        Tony's Charts ft Hits / Albums (4th July 20) - Young Ejecta, Sault, Sunmi, Millie Turner, Clan Of Xymox, John Carpenter, Hacker T Dog, Hurts, Hayley Williams, Jessie Ware, Kitty, Arca, Nadine Shah, Haim, Ray Lamontagne, Daniel Avery, Snowgoose, Grey Daze, Fire Saga.....

Comment

• I remember Roy’s entrance the first time around, wasn’t it when Deirdre came out of prison and lived in those flats and he became a bit obsessed with her? Corrie was great in the late 90s.

Tracy Brabin is an MP now!

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                            I remember Roy’s entrance the first time around, wasn’t it when Deirdre came out of prison and lived in those flats and he became a bit obsessed with her? Corrie was great in the late 90s.

Tracy Brabin is an MP now!
                            Yes, ITV3 just showed that. Only lasted a few episodes, Baldwin has just thrown him out.
                            Tony's Charts ft Hits / Albums (4th July 20) - Young Ejecta, Sault, Sunmi, Millie Turner, Clan Of Xymox, John Carpenter, Hacker T Dog, Hurts, Hayley Williams, Jessie Ware, Kitty, Arca, Nadine Shah, Haim, Ray Lamontagne, Daniel Avery, Snowgoose, Grey Daze, Fire Saga.....

Comment

• Classic Corrie (1995) (ITV3)

Mark Charnock turns up in his second appearance on the show as a copper questioning Derek who is prowling Deidre's grounds looking for his harasser. He also has a scene with 11-year-old Joe Gilgun which is like a flash-forward to the future!

Comment

• Tackling racism and black homosexuality in one episode last night, it was quite good stuff considering I’ve never been a fan of the Baileys. Overdue really, can’t remember Corrie doing racism since Lloyd was in it.

Comment

• Corrie will air eight 30 minute episodes looking back over 60 years of stories - weddings, villains, stories that gripped the nation, battle axes, scandals, partnerships, famous faces, and high days and holidays.

There’s also a four-part series called Icons that celebrates some of the longest serving cast members - Ken, Sally, Roy and Liz.

Comment

Working...
                                  X