Coronation Street

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
    I like it when they show the softer side of her. Although I don't know why they had to invent a whole new mum for Tyrone, couldn't Lilian have just been Jackie's mum, or his dad's mum? Her and Roy would be a silly couple. I don't believe Roy should have ever loved again after Hayley.
    I agree - plus Tyrone still hasnít done a DNA test so part of me wonders if itís even true. From what I can remember, I quite liked Jackie and she should have just come back and caused a load of bother.

Roy shouldnít be paired up again. It was totally wrong to pair him with Kathy, and frankly if he couldnít bring himself to be with her (not that I like her) thereís surely no hope for him and Evelyn. Though Iím not convinced heíd have a say in the matter
    M08T10

Comment

• Wait her name is Evelyn, not Lillian... that was her name when she played a different character

Comment

Wait her name is Evelyn, not Lillian... that was her name when she played a different character
        It was, when Fred Elliott had to hire an emergency bar manager because Julie Goodyear quit, I say because Julie Goodyear quit. God, the show feels so different to how it was even then.

I was reading about Corrie (and Emmerdale) and how to cut costs the cast are on a fee-per-episode, with a guaranteed minimum episode count per year. Which would explain why certain scenes - like with the Platts - always have someone missing (Gail and Audrey are always MIA).
        M08T10

Comment

• She was a cow, even then! Sheís basically the same character just retired and related to Tyrone
          M08T10

Comment

• The youth of all the old timers! They referenced this scene in a recent episode didnít they? Clearly a writer in-joke
            M08T10

Comment

• Vera, Jack, Fred, Betty... theyíve never been able to replace those legendary characters. Vera was just genius. Even Shelley was great and I liked her as landlady.

Comment

• They could never replace Jack and Vera. They way those two went on, youíd just get a divorce nowadays

The closest I think they have to Beth and Kirk. Which is not a comparison Iím prepared to make.
                M08T10

Comment

• I kinda wanna see Roy move on. My nan passed away like 4 years ago and I was so beyond close to her but I would love my granda to settle down with someone else. Why shouldn't Roy seek comfort somewhere else lol
                  Love you like a love song!

Comment

• Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
                    I kinda wanna see Roy move on. My nan passed away like 4 years ago and I was so beyond close to her but I would love my granda to settle down with someone else. Why shouldn't Roy seek comfort somewhere else lol
                    I definitely agree with you, in that if I died, I'd want my partner to find someone else eventually. But sometimes as in Roy's case, I think Hayley was the only love of his life and no one can ever match up to her. Evelyn would be such a bad pairing for him, opposites can attract but not when they have fundamentally different outlooks on life.
                    It might sound like I'm an unapologetic bitch
                    But sometimes you know I gotta call it like it is

Comment

• Originally posted by Madgefan View Post
                      I definitely agree with you, in that if I died, I'd want my partner to find someone else eventually. But sometimes as in Roy's case, I think Hayley was the only love of his life and no one can ever match up to her. Evelyn would be such a bad pairing for him, opposites can attract but not when they have fundamentally different outlooks on life.
                      Oh I agree that she's not the right one for him. But I hope someone comes along that is. He can have other loves. Even if they don't live up the Hayley

Comment

Oh I agree that she's not the right one for him. But I hope someone comes along that is. He can have other loves. Even if they don't live up the Hayley
                        I actually rather liked him Cathy. She was just the right mix of quirky and kind, ideal for Roy. Her and Brian seemed really forced IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Madgefan View Post
                          I actually rather liked him Cathy. She was just the right mix of quirky and kind, ideal for Roy. Her and Brian seemed really forced IMO.
                          I agree actually. I though they where quite well suited. It was just too soon after Hayley

Comment

• I canít stand Claudia. I wish they had put Ken and Audrey together like they tried a few years ago.
                            M08T10

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post
                              I can’t stand Claudia. I wish they had put Ken and Audrey together like they tried a few years ago.
                              Well, I've never really liked Rula Lenska, so the character had a bad start with me from the off.
                              Not sure about Ken and Audrey though, it somehow doesn't feel like the right pairing. But considering most of the street have had relationships with each other at some time, God Knows there are other people out there in Manchester , it's a surprise these two haven't been paired off.

Comment

• Maria and Ali will probably last five minutes, cos god knows that woman can’t keep a man.

Comment

Maria and Ali will probably last five minutes, cos god knows that woman canít keep a man.
                                  I thought the actor had already announced he was leaving, but maybe Iím wrong. Are they re-writing history when they mention Liam? I swear he was having this huge affair with Carla for ages.

Also, Maria is technically Aliís aunt
                                  M08T10

Comment

• Tracy and Liz staking out Steve and Tim ..... in a Preston's Petals van Like they would never spot that.

Comment

• Kevin Webster falling over was my favourite moment in weeks.

Comment

Kevin Webster falling over was my favourite moment in weeks.
                                        Do you think it was planned. It seemed accidental

Comment

Do you think it was planned. It seemed accidental
                                          Looked accidental to me too but the camera panned in on his face?

Comment

• Can’t cope with Jeff, he’s mental.

Had completely forgotten Fiona had a son called Morgan! He’ll be back for the funeral.

Comment

Can’t cope with Jeff, he’s mental.

Had completely forgotten Fiona had a son called Morgan! He’ll be back for the funeral.
                                              Jeff makes my skin crawl

Comment

• Spoiler!

Comment

Spoiler!
                                                  Another happy Christmas then lol.

Comment

• Can’t bear the new family, especially the mum. Terrible acting.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X