No announcement yet.

Coronation Street

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know, it must be the first time in months!

I do keep hearing "Run" by Amy MacDonald in the Rovers lately though.
    THRILLER’S SOUNDS OF THE 90s

Comment

• Steve McDonald is eeeeeasily the best character in Corra, he cracks me up. Closely followed by the Becky and Roy coupling of course
      Thought that I was the devil?
      But I'm an angel waiting for my wings.

Comment

• Yeah Steve's ace, his scenes with Eileen are classics.

I love how Becky keeps doing high fives with Ken - talking of Ken, it made me laugh the other day when he told the joke to Audrey and Bill about having to get a bus to get to his car and then re-told it in the cafe - it wasn't even funny the first time!

Comment

• Yeah, Corrie is great for "characters" bar a few that really need to be culled, namely that "new" family whose names I can never remember and Ashley and Claire who have really run their course.

I think you need the oldies in there though, despite them never being involved in any of the big story lines.

The bloke who plays David does his job well, I really can't stand David. But really, what is it with Gail and never picking up on the fact that David is a little SH-one-T. It's a tad ridiculous.

Comment

• I did love it the other week when Ken kept telling the same crap joke to everyone, and didn't get a single laugh.

I don't watch it as much as Easties, but I love Blanche and Norris.

Comment

• The David storyline is hopefully going to come to a conclusion of some sort in the next few weeks:

He has a breakdown and confesses everything to Gail when she remembers he pushed her down the stairs and decides he wants to hand himself to the police but she won't let him so he goes on the rampage, smashes some stuff up and punches a policeman to get arrested and ends up in a detention centre.

I hate the way Gail always insists seeing the good in him after everything he's done - she frankly deserves everything she gets!

Comment

• Is he going out of it?

Comment

• I think the guy who plays David is one of those actors who'd have trouble getting work outside the soap because he's been in it to long to make the transition to another programme without people thinking of him as David.

Are there any big storylines coming up in Corrie? It feels as though it's waning quite a bit after the rubbish "Michelle baby swap" and "Sean losing his baby" sagas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Plym
                    Is he going out of it?
                    I think he has time off screen but he's not leaving for good.

Comment

• XMAS SPOILER

Coronation Street's Liam Connor is to be killed off at the end of the year in a 'whodunnit' murder mystery.

The former knicker factory boss, played by 31-year-old Rob James-Collier, announced his decision to quit the ITV soap in February amid fears over typecasting.

It has today emerged that his character will be 'brutally murdered' when one of three well-known Weatherfield residents exact their revenge.

A soap source told The Mirror: "Rob actually wanted his character to be killed off - a bit like Phil Middlemiss did when he also wanted the demise of his character, bookie Des Barnes.

"But at the same time it provides us with the fantastic opportunity to give the viewers some sensational TV. The producers are rubbing their hands at the prospect of the whole murder scenario."

They added: "People are sad to see Rob go as he is such a lovely bloke. But he was adamant that he wanted to leave."

Rob joined Coronation Street in 2006 and appeared in storylines which have seen his character plunge into a gorge from a cliff top, marry Maria Sutherland (Samia Smith) and sleep with his sister-in-law Carla Connor (Alison King).

Earlier this year, he won the 'Sexiest Male' gong for a second year running at the British Soap Awards and revealed soon afterwards that he is "glad" to be leaving the Manchester-based drama so he can ditch his sex symbol image.

I could see this coming... Carla and Tony are bound to be in the frame.

Comment

• Heard this earlier, am gutted about it.
                        LONG LIVE GIRLS ALOUD

Comment

• As with all murders in soaps, they never quite sit right. You just know they'll choose a character like Maria, who, as much as they try to force a motive, has never come accross as the murdering type.

Hopefully they'll go with the realistic choice and have it to be crazy Tony.

I had to chuckle at David's party reaching the out of control stage, with the mandatory skew-wiff painting next to the staircase.

Comment

• Just started watching this again. Can't believe some of the outfits Rosie wears . I'm already sick of the Michelle/Steve storyline. What's the point of getting them together to split them up again a few months later.
                            A poor excuse is better than none at all

Comment

• Know what you mean about Rosie, her baps were nearly falling out the other day. John Stape is coming back soon so she might be involved in more bedroom scenes yet!

Comment

• How the hell can Steve be kicked out his own Pub by a Barmaid,and leave his young daughter in the Pub he owns!

Cheers Cidermaster
                                You can never have enough luxury lemon drizzle cake

Comment

• ^I wondered that too
                                  A poor excuse is better than none at all

Comment

• Whats happened to Corrie :(.Its so rubbish

Comment

• Yeah it does seem rubbish when you look at 5-10 years ago... Corrie in the 90s/early 00s was brilliant but these days the characters are either deadwood (the Mortons, Lloyd, the bookies, Dev, Vernon) or rammed down your face for months (Michelle, Steve, Carla, Liam, David).

The writing is pretty poor too, the comedy is still good IMO with Norris, Blanche and Becky providing some great scenes and one-liners but the drama writing hasn't been great. And there have been hardly any (if any) classic characters for years.

Also the continuity is poor - Sean was in bits a few months ago about Jamie and Violet doing a runner with his son and a week later he was fine again and it's never been mentioned since! Steve never mentions Jim anymore despite him now being out of prison you'd think he'd want to spend some time with him? And now we're expected to forget about Claire (OK that might be easy...) while she's on maternity for 9 months without her actually being written out?

They need to axe the deadwood, draft in some fresh new characters with long term potential and exciting storylines and try and bring back some old favourites who could perhaps bring new characters with them.

Comment

• Bring back TRACEY!

Comment

• dev is hilariously bad at acting

my mum watches it so i remember the days when he went out with gina

all you ever heard was
                                          "Giiiinnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" in dev's ott way of acting
                                          28 AUGUST 2009
                                          THE DAY MUSIC DIED
                                          OASIS 1994 - 2009
                                          LIVE FOREVER

Comment

• Yeah, both Coronation Street and Eastenders are falling flat from an abundance of crap characters.

I've found myself watching Emmerdale more in recent months as although the storylines are a bit tame, the script, acting and characters are fairly strong. I wouldn't say there are anyone deadwood characters on Emmerdale actually - which is some achievement.

It must be awful being an actor in a family like the Mortons - you must know the general consensus is that you're rubbish, but you're powerless to change it as you have to act the script you're given.

I reckon the Mortons, the bookies and Claire and Ashley need to go.

Comment

• Did anyone see the episode where Vernon sang his song "(Don't Fall Into) The Masons Arms" to Liz?

Apparently it's going to be released in a bid to be Christmas #1!

Corrie is picking up a bit at the moment, the John Stape and Rosie stuff is apparently going to get better and Liam's death is soon upon us!

Comment

• If I were the writers I'd have bought in Carla's sister by now, to create a sort of Alexis and Caress Dynasty-esque relationship (not that I've ever seen Dynasty but it's featured on all of those Top100... programmes that I feel as though I've seen it) - basically anything to create some good new storylines.

There's only a handful of stellar characters (Becky, Norris, Blanche to name a few) and a ridiculous amount of deadwood (Ashley & Invisible Claire, Mortons etc) - even the girls at the factory aren't used half as much as they should be. Poor Vicky's stuck in limbo, she's not as iconic as Tracy on Eastenders as she talks too much, but she never gets a storyline.

Still, I much Prefer Corrie and Emmerdale over the dire and depressing Eastenders.

Comment

• Vicki and Carla are pregnant in real life so will both be leaving in the next few months! They definitely need to bring in more of Carla's family.

Becky is class, never fails to make me laugh when she calls Ken "Kenny"

Rosie looked pretty hot tonight!

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller
                                                    Vicki and Carla are pregnant in real life so will both be leaving in the next few months! They definitely need to bring in more of Carla's family.

Becky is class, never fails to make me laugh when she calls Ken "Kenny"

Rosie looked pretty hot tonight!
                                                    Becky is just the best Though must also mention Roy, Kelly, Norris, Eileen & Blanche

Wish they get rid of Gail she is stupid beyond belief
                                                    RIP The Queen Of Disco

Comment

• Originally posted by Digital Spy
                                                      Coronation Street's Liam Connor is dramatically killed off in a fortnight's time in one of three ways.

Weatherfield scriptwriters penned three different death scenarios for Liam - played by 32-year-old Rob James-Collier - but only one will air on screen.

The storyline has been crafted as a 'howdunnit', as opposed to a 'whodunnit', since in each case the villainous Tony Gordon (Gray O'Brien) is the culprit following his discovery of Liam's affair with his fiancée Carla (Alison King).

The first scenario sees Liam thrown off the a balcony at Tony's newly-built Victoria Court luxury apartment block. The second has Tony shooting his love rival Liam with a real gun during a game of paintballing, while the final ending involves Liam being mowed down in the street in a hit-and-run tragedy, leaving him to die in Tony's arms.

Comment

• Ooh, controversial.

I'm going to miss Liam. :(
                                                        LONG LIVE GIRLS ALOUD

Comment

• I'm going to miss his face.

Comment

• corrie was soo good today, becky was bloody brilliant!!!!!

Comment

• Yeah isn't she just - one of the best characters ever! Loved it when she asked that guy to buy her a snakebite then shouted "no I won't do that for a snakebite!" when she saw his girlfriend come over

Comment

Working...
                                                              X