No announcement yet.

Emmerdale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been some good episodes of this with the fall out of pierce and the gang things. Giving Cain a proper enemy is a good idea. Not sure about will, but I kind of like the family unit they have with harriot and Dawn and now Lucas!
    Love you like a love song!

Comment

• The Pierce story was over and done so quickly, I thought they were gonna drag it out and I’m glad they didn’t.

Cain vs the bent copper will be interesting, I can see him potentially starting a relationship with Moira.

Apparently Zak is back soon, I hope Faith isn’t far behind him.

Comment

• Classic Emmerdale (ITV3) (1996)

Marvel again at the firecracker that was Tina Dingle.

Tony's Charts ft Hits / Albums (23rd May 20) - Camden Cox, Cigarettes After Sex, Cam, Leftwing:Kody, Zella Day, Janet Devlin, Empathy Test, Dagny, Steve Earle and The Dukes, Badly Drawn Boy, Josh Garrels, Owen Pallett, Tim Burgess

Comment

• Oh great era! I remember she married Luke as part of a revenge plan for him killing her brother and he died in a car accident. I find it surprising that Jacqueline Pirie has never returned to Emmerdale, maybe she's done a Susan Tully. Kim was also becoming more and more the superbitch in the mid-90s.

In the present, the show is quite poor at the moment. I wonder how long they've got left until they run out of episodes.

Comment

• Pirie went on to Corrie and then had children (same reason she left Emmerdale). This time she left acting for good but eventually headed her own performing acts academy. She lives in British Columbia, Canada.

Tony's Charts ft Hits / Albums (23rd May 20) - Camden Cox, Cigarettes After Sex, Cam, Leftwing:Kody, Zella Day, Janet Devlin, Empathy Test, Dagny, Steve Earle and The Dukes, Badly Drawn Boy, Josh Garrels, Owen Pallett, Tim Burgess

Comment

• Do you all remember the new family they created with soap idol or whatever it was called? They didn't exactly last long. Think it would work better if it was done now!
              Love you like a love song!

Comment

• Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
                Do you all remember the new family they created with soap idol or whatever it was called? They didn't exactly last long. Think it would work better if it was done now!
                I didn't but once i saw their photo i did. Emmerdale are currently posting lockdown pop song videos by some of the cast - so it's gone the other way!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soapstars

Soapstars is a British talent show that aired on ITV from 3 to 29 September 2001.[1][2] The series featured thousands of contestants auditioning to be cast as part of a new family—consisting of a mother, father and three teenage children—in the ITV soap opera Emmerdale.[2][3] The judging panel consisted of drama producer Yvon Grace, casting director Paul de Freitas, and Emmerdale scriptwriter Bill Lyons.[4]

Auditions for Soapstars began on 8 June 2001 in Sheffield.[5] British actor's trade union Equity released a statement critical of the series, stating it was "an insulting affront to the men and women in our profession who endure low rates of pay, rejection and humiliation in the course of their work, despite their training, experience, dedication and talent."[1]

The winners of Soapstars were Dee Whitehead (for the role of Maggie Calder), Mark Jardine (for the role of Phil Weston), Elspeth Brodie (for the role of Lucy Calder), Jason Hain (for the role of Craig Calder) and Ruth Abram (for the role of Jess Weston). They initially won three month contracts to appear as the Calder family in Emmerdale, beginning in November 2001.[4][6] Their contracts were later extended, but by August 2002, all the winners had left the show.[7]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/1918218.stm

Emmerdale's Soapstars axed

Emmerdale bosses are axing the winners of the Soapstars TV show who won parts in the Yorkshire-based soap.The five wannabe actors were chosen from thousands to become the newest family in the soap, with the auditions shown as part of an ITV1 talent search.
                But the manner in which they landed parts upset the acting union Equity, which saw it as cheap gimmick to gain attention for Emmerdale.
                The successful five - Dee Whitehead, Mark Jardine, Elspeth Brodie, Jason Hain and Ruth Abram - initially won three month contracts to appear in the soap, which were then extended.

After nine months in the show they have all been told by Yorkshire Television that they will not be keeping their roles.

Comment

• Soapstars was quite entertaining in the audition stages because some of it was car crash TV and Yvonne Grace was quite a decent version of a female Simon Cowell, but the resulting family were so utterly boring and dropped off one by one. The mum had the most screen-time and had an actual storyline where she had an affair with Rodney. The only other thing I remember is the red-head daughter slept with Robert Sugden.

Comment

Working...
                  X