No announcement yet.

Emmerdale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quite a few characters they don't seem to know what to do with... it feels like there's nothing driving the show forward at the moment. Too much Sam and Lydia, Dan and Amelia, Andrea and Jamie... it's like half the cast are off sick. Did they even explain where Kerry is?

Zak is obviously not a well man in real life, he's probably been in less than ten episodes over the last 18 months? They should consider killing him off but it's quite close to Lisa so I can see why they wouldn't yet.

Comment

• Oh actually a quick google tells me Steve Halliwell (Zak) had some medical issues last year... I hope he recovers and is able to come back - the Dingles work without him but he helps keep everything central. Although I really like Sam and Lydia and I think it's great they're getting pushed to the front a bit more - Sam is obviously a mainstay and I think Lydia has the makings of a classic character. I don't think Lydia has really been thrown into the middle of a real Dingle family drama just yet, so it'll be interesting to see how she deals with that.

I think they said Kerry had got a job and couldn't turn it down with Dan out of work and the salon closed.

This Andrea plot - what exactly is her hold over Jamie? Kim already got rid of the car so there's no evidence.

I really don't understand why they've expanded the show to include a new eatery place - they already serve food in the pub, have the cafe, David's random 1 table in the shop and the B&B when they need a restaurant.
      Straight white men rule everything around me

Comment

• Emmerdale’s been in a huge slump since Covid struck but I’ve enjoyed the last few weeks with the Paul and Vinny abuse story coming to a head - I hope Vinny uses his best man speech to reveal all and Mandy batters him!

Paul is such a vile character, I hope he’s one of the people we’ve seen in hospital in the flash-forwards but the hint of Nicola looking upset makes me think maybe Juliet will be killed off as part of the thing she’s got involved in with Mac.

Comment

• Yeah I agree there was a definite slump. I hope this week lives up to the hype. Its the first big post covid 'stunt' in a UK soap so I'm curious to see how it plays out
          Turn the lights down low and kiss me in the dark
          'Cause when you're touching me, baby, I see sparks..

Comment

• I’ve been looking for this thread!!!
            Emmerdale has been keeping me ‘regular’ throughout this lockdown as I watch it with my tea.
            It has been pretty awful though. Harriet and Will are just ghastly. His heavy panting and the way he say Looookas just grinds on me. Harriet is just awful and has been for ages.

I’m happy Paul us finally getting it, that is one of the most odious characters I’ve ever seen. Looks like a bloated zombie and then the act he puts on ugh.

I’m glad Chas and Paddy have sorted things. They need to leave them alone so we have a staple couple. I hope Vanessa comes back for Charity as I hate seeing her down and out.

Rob and Victoria...hmm I was wondering when he’d come out as gay as I have matched with him and his onscreen brother on tinder before and I’m a bit weirded out that they’re now together (even though they were only onscreen siblings).

I’m thinking, just like Manpreet with cheat with the Vicar. Rob will with his son.

Also, even though she’s a favourite character of mine, Many Dingle cannot act. She’s giving me Hollyoaks vibes.
            "What goes around comes back around my baby"

Comment

• Harriet has been ruined this past year, I really liked her before. They’ve also completely changed Jamie’s character, he was determined to be nothing like his mum when he arrived and now he’s a mini me. There aren’t too many likeable characters left in the show, they’ve made Laurel unbearable too.

Yeah I don’t know what’s happened to Reece Dinsdale in recent years but he is hella bloated.

The way they took a chainsaw to Vanessa and Charity was a shame, I hope they reconcile.

When you say Rob do you mean Luke? It’s inevitable he will cheat on Victoria with a man isn’t it, which is a shame cos she can never catch a break with men. Her and Adam were the best match tbh.

Mandy’s acting is very OTT, she’s too caricature.

Comment

• Omg the character assassination of Jamie is ridiculous. Complete 180.

I am sure Mandy wasn't always this awful
                Turn the lights down low and kiss me in the dark
                'Cause when you're touching me, baby, I see sparks..

Comment

• So it’s Jimmy, Liv and Paul all in intensive care! Some sort of road smash? I feel like Paul might kidnap Liv and they collide with Jimmy or something.

Comment

• Yea I think I mean Luke!
                    Mandy’s acting and that man voice she puts on is hilarious though.
                    Jamie is terrible too, they’ve assassinated his character but he just can’t act mean, he comes across as a vicious queen which I don’t think is intentional.
                    I am so so glad Faith is back.
                    Is Mac going to have a ‘bisexual’ storyline? It seems typical for Emmerdale after Robert.

Comment

• Yeah isn’t Jame gay IRL? He really should’ve been brought back as a gay queen

Mac keeps teasing the bisexuality but I feel like it’s not the case and he’s just a massive flirt.

Comment

• Oh I didn’t know!!! Oops!
                        I don’t know what can make the show great again tbh. Aaron needs to get laid, I’m sick of seeing him scowl.

Comment

• I’m fuming! Although he’s dead, he doesn’t get to face the wrath of Mandy and the Dingles for what he did to Vinnie and it will probably remain a bloody secret now to spare Mandy!

The stunt was decent especially for Covid, apart from one bad green screen shot with Liv falling to the ground.

Comment

• I agree, Liv’s acting has really come on now. I used to dislike her but she very realistic. I wanted Paul to wake up in hospital and go and try and ‘finish’ Liv off and then get caught so the evidence is irrefutable. It was sad seeing him get a victims death but I’m glad I don’t have to see that man anymore.

Nicola was really good that episode too. Mandy as usual had me rolling. The scene where she ‘shocked Nicola’ she did this dramatic side eye look and it made me laugh on what was meant to be a N emotional scene.

Comment

• Looks like we have to endure Vinny not admitting the truth for the foreseeable future, with Liv and Aaron the bad guys.

Shame Juliet wasn’t killed off.

Comment

• Yea I hope not though.
                                Juliette and that PI was laughable too. Wasn’t a child kidnap case confirmed for a storyline last year ‘that would make people very uncomfortable’. It pointed to it being Dawn but i think it may be Juliette.

Comment

• This recent talk of Dawn made me remember TJ, Bob’s grandson who left the village after Terry’s death yet has never been mentioned since he must be about 17 by now.

Comment

• Oh I forgot about him.
                                    This show is a guilty pleasure at the moment. Mandy Dingle and her lack of makeup 'serious acting' is sending me.

Kim being 'poisoned' and having another awful effect 'faint'.

The stunning Manpreet with Rishi. Andrea with Charles?

They're really struggling at the moment it seems.

Comment

• I know right. Some of these pairings are so unrealistic! They're really struggling for ideas.

Comment

• Cathy is so awful

Comment

• I definitely get vibes that Mac and Aaron are secretly shagging.

Comment

• Yea it’s a very weird thing they’ve got ‘going on’. I thought Aaron would end up with Luke.

Comment

• Love how they’ve completely changed Sandra’s (Liv’s mum) character from when she was last in it

Comment

• I thought i was the only one who remembered her as a bossy almost overbearing mum. Not a trailer park alchy. That ‘dancing’ she was doing was so weird and went on far too long. Liv still looks like a 10 year old.

Comment

• I’m so bored of Sam and Lydia… in fact, the whole cast is quite boring at the moment.

Comment

• Yea the only thing that’s mildly entertaining is Kim’s acting.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X