No announcement yet.

Emmerdale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That scene was unexpectedly graphic for 7:25. I'm not even sure it would be OK at 8:55.
    ITV are going to get complaints for that.

Comment

• Liv? Yeah I thought she was a bit gored up.

Comment

• I mean, it was so out of place and rushed.
        The hag cellmate seemed like she was going to pull that stunt when Liv first went in, but now to pull an absolute battering (like Liv couldn't really fight back even though she's been violent to men often), was just weird to me.
        "What goes around comes back around my baby"

Comment

• Meena's Bacccccck....will she finish anyone else off....

Comment

• Well to my surprise the Liv outcome didn't seem to get any complaints (not enough for sites to report) but the Meena storyline has had nearly 200 since she drugged her sister up for a slow death and appeared to murder her.

Comment

• Originally posted by Foeverfan View Post
              Meena's Bacccccck....will she finish anyone else off....
              Please let it be Rishi or even Noah.

Comment

• The guy who plays Rishi is the worst actor Emmerdale have ever had, i think! Although i do like him.
                His acting CV goes all the way back to Grange Hill and Indiana Jones and The Temple Of Doom. https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0080282/

Comment

• Emmerdale given a new 19:30 time slot by ITV, with Corrie moving to one hour episodes from 20:00 to 21:00. ITV News will now broadcast from 18:30 to 19:30.

Eastenders won’t be happy
                  Straight white men rule everything around me

Comment

• Originally posted by Foeverfan View Post
                    Meena's Bacccccck....will she finish anyone else off....
                    Oh not already? Couldn’t they give her at least a few months off?

Comment

• Originally posted by Artoo View Post
                      Emmerdale given a new 19:30 time slot by ITV, with Corrie moving to one hour episodes from 20:00 to 21:00. ITV News will now broadcast from 18:30 to 19:30.

Eastenders won’t be happy
                      EastEnders obviously not seen as competition anymore by ITV!

So it seems one of their main motives is to increase their news output… 90 minutes of news does seem a bit overkill for a general channel though. I wonder if it’s also anything to do with soaps becoming a bit darker in recent years and the time slot being a bit later might quell some complaints?

It raises a question as to what will happen to ITV’s 8pm telly now, such as Paul O’Grady and travel shows - not that I watch that cos it’s usually when EE is on

Will be strange to not have the 7pm theme tune for Emmerdale after watching it at that time for over 25 years!

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                        EastEnders obviously not seen as competition anymore by ITV!

So it seems one of their main motives is to increase their news output… 90 minutes of news does seem a bit overkill for a general channel though. I wonder if it’s also anything to do with soaps becoming a bit darker in recent years and the time slot being a bit later might quell some complaints?

It raises a question as to what will happen to ITV’s 8pm telly now, such as Paul O’Grady and travel shows - not that I watch that cos it’s usually when EE is on

Will be strange to not have the 7pm theme tune for Emmerdale after watching it at that time for over 25 years!
                        I think it’s all to do with money actually - increasing the news output is relatively cheap, and then having the soaps (which they already pay for) through to 9pm means they don’t need to worry about plugging in the schedule gaps with content.

It guess it also means ITV are hoping to retain viewers at 9pm, so I expect some event TV dramas coming up - especially those ‘one episode, all week’ things they started to do.

As for Eastenders… it’s not their month, what with Danny quitting too. Eastenders will probably have to move to 7pm or start releasing episodes online on a morning, and having the evening broadcast as the catch-up broadcast.

I think the BBC need to start throwing some serious cash at Ross Kemp (literally the only big name returnee they’ve got left), do something that reinvents the soap wheel and a high profile casting literally no one would expect but has a huge following.

Comment

• I know all the soaps are past their best but it does feel like EastEnders are flogging the most-dead horse lately. They haven't even been able to get Janine's return back, an absolute travesty really considering that she's one of only a handful of characters where her return is consistently anticipated by viewers as soon as she leaves.

Comment

• i only watch emmerdale cause im eating my tea at 7ish, what the hell do i watch now
                            what's going on?

Comment

• Originally posted by Plym View Post
                              i only watch emmerdale cause im eating my tea at 7ish, what the hell do i watch now
                              ITV trying to turn Covid into a feature length movie five days a week.

Comment

• The schedule change is weird. I think EastEnders will move to 7pm. It's viewers that complain about the clashes, that's why i'm surprised they've done that.
                                I don't see how there's an appetite for an hour long news, especially when other channels start their evening with shows at 7. People will just switch over to The One Show or first look Hollyoaks.

Comment

• I think a permanent move to 7pm could work in its favour.
                                  Turn the lights down low and kiss me in the dark
                                  'Cause when you're touching me, baby, I see sparks..

Comment

• The casting for Pierce’s son is phenomenal. Is it his real son?!?

Comment

• I know right ? I don't think they are related, but the resemblance is uncanny

Comment

• How many storylines about Pierce do they need?

Comment

• It seems when they run out of things to do with Rhona they just bring him back into the equation. He’ll probably end up being a bad apple too.

Comment

• That's if pierce is even actually dead. I've a feeling we are going to have a few months of thinking he's dead. Then he'll come back for October soap stunt week

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                                              It seems when they run out of things to do with Rhona they just bring him back into the equation. He’ll probably end up being a bad apple too.
                                              I don't know if I'm being far fetched but I saw a future 'Rhona gets with Pierce's son' storyline.

Comment

• Too similar to Whitney getting with Tony’s son in Eastenders, surely?

I think it’s a setup - I don’t think Pierce is dead and I don’t think he asked Rhona to find his son. It was probably a letter from the son asking Rhona to establish contact with him. He’ll set her up for something and it’ll probably end up being a ‘Free Rhona’ storyline.

Then someone will have a brainwave, but not until after Rhona’s been locked up, and will start to question if Pierce is really dead.

She’ll be home by Christmas.

Comment

• I don't watch Eastenders so don't know about that it just seemed a bit weird how much the son was like Pierce, how Pierce dying was the link to bring the son into it and how it is a grey area in terms of she's not his mum, he looks just like his dad but a 'good version'.

IDK I would think after Pierce came back last time, that was enough another time would be ridiculous for a villain that wasn't that eventful.

Comment

• I honestly don’t see them getting together. It was too much of a stretch having Victoria couple up with her rapist’s brother too. But whatever is going on, it all just feels a bit contrived. I mean I know it’s a soap but she married the ex of the woman her husband cheated with, who then attacked her, went to prison, comes back and murders her new partner, kidnaps her best friend (and her son) and tries to rape her again before going back to prison. Now his son is in her life - it’s all just a bit overkill and like they have no idea what to do with her.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X