No announcement yet.

Buffy The Vampire Slayer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The emotions when Jonathan hands that special award to Buffy at the prom and that speech
    5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481
      The emotions when Jonathan hands that special award to Buffy at the prom and that speech
      Darla killing herself to save her human child >>>>>

Although, she should've killed her child instead, just saying

Comment

• Re: Buffy The Vampire Slayer

Looks like we won’t ever need to watch Angel with all the spoilers in this thread

Comment

• Originally posted by Damiennatas1
          Looks like we won’t ever need to watch Angel with all the spoilers in this thread
          Show ended 14 years ago, no excuses.mp3

Comment

• Originally posted by Westen
            Originally posted by KEY9481
            The emotions when Jonathan hands that special award to Buffy at the prom and that speech

The world would have been SUCH a better place. Best thing ever was when Angel let Connor go.
            Remember us in AmenJena...

...If we could just go back to the start

Comment

• Originally posted by johnny_d
              Originally posted by Westen
              Originally posted by KEY9481

The world would have been SUCH a better place. Best thing ever was when Angel let Connor go.
              God yes.
              Love you like a love song!

Comment

• I was so frustrated with that story because there was such potential to make him an awesome character but he became boy Dawn and just spent the year sulking.
                Uk the only way

Comment

• Angel S1 straight out sucks. No direction whatsoever. Later it kind of showed a promise or two, but it never materialized into a good show. It was way too annoying throughout. I can't see how it can even come close to Buffy, but then again - people...
                  I have received many gifts from God,
                  but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by Westen
                    Originally posted by Damiennatas1
                    Show ended 14 years ago, no excuses.mp3
                    In a Buffy thread? No. Put your 14 year old spoilers in the right thread.

Comment

• Re: Buffy The Vampire Slayer

Ok fans, what's your top 5 episode of the series???
                      5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy
                        Angel S1 straight out sucks. No direction whatsoever. Later it kind of showed a promise or two, but it never materialized into a good show. It was way too annoying throughout. I can't see how it can even come close to Buffy, but then again - people...
                        Big lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by muzik_biz_wiz
                          I was so frustrated with that story because there was such potential to make him an awesome character but he became boy Dawn and just spent the year sulking.
                          I disagree, he was never annoying as Dawn, Dawn was useless brat outside od her S5 storyline. He was anoying because of the storyline, later in S5 he was actually quite nice.

When i think about it now, i find most Buffy charachters anoying, no matter how much i love the show.

Angel, Cordy, Lorne, Fred, Wesley, Gunn, Harmony >>>>
                          Even Wolfram & Hart characters were quiet amazing.

Comment

• Joss Whedon appeared in this scene, try to find him

https://youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu ... gWDM4X4xUQ

Comment

• This video says it all

[youtube:20kt1grt]mnaKuWErcQ0[/youtube:20kt1grt]

Comment

• Angel cast and creators reunite for 20th anniversary of beloved vampire drama series
                                https://ew.com/tv/2019/06/20/angel-r...h-anniversary/

Comment

• Loved Muffy the vampire Layer

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• OK, but can you all open the Angel thread and stop spamming this thread with this mediocre spin off material? Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
                                        OK, but can you all open the Angel thread and stop spamming this thread with this mediocre spin off material? Thank you.
                                        wash your keyboard! Angel is basically what Buffy should have been and, unlike Buffy, it never lost its focus (plus, music theme is better )
                                        When we lose what we love
                                        Don't think anything will ever taste the same
                                        When we lose what we love
                                        Don't think anything will ever feel as good again

Comment

• Originally posted by NoAngel View Post
                                          wash your keyboard! Angel is basically what Buffy should have been and, unlike Buffy, it never lost its focus (plus, music theme is better )
                                          Buffy and Angel are in my top 5, Angel might even be my #1 show of all time, Buffy never came close to Angels's perfection (S2, S3, first half of S4, S5)

Angel's cast alone puts it above Buffy, with each season Buffy's characters were less and less likable.

Comment

• Please make an Angel thread so I don't have to look at the raves for a forgettable pale shadow of its parent show. Thank you!

Comment

• The only reason this thread is alive last few pages is Angel and its unmatched quality, no wonder some people are pressed and bitter!

Comment

• Originally posted by Westen View Post
                                                The only reason this thread is alive last few pages is Angel and its unmatched quality, no wonder some people are pressed and bitter!
                                                Or it's just riding Buffy's coattale, like it has been doing forever.

Comment

• I respect some people’s opinion that Angel is better than Buffy (which I wholeheartedly disagree with), but it really should and deserves to have its own thread purely cause it’s a separate show.
                                                  last.fm

Comment

• To course correct this thread:

Stop Saying Angel Was a Darker Show Than Buffy the Vampire Slayer
                                                    You just look silly.

Buffy gets ready for battle as Angel... becomes a puppet and also gets ready for battle.

Entertainment Weekly is celebrating the twentieth anniversary of Buffy the Vampire Slayer companion series Angel. Co-created by Joss Whedon, the series follows Buffy’s former paramour Angel as he solves supernatural crimes in Los Angeles, aided by fellow Buffy alumna Cordelia (Charisma Carpenter). The series was billed as the adult companion to Buffy, and according to the writers, the darkness is what makes it more “complex” that Buffy was.

“Buffy has this wonderful purpose and fights evil, but still wants to go to the prom and get the right dress. Angel is a much darker and, in a sense, more complex character,” said David Greenwalt, one of the show’s creators. He and Whedon reiterated that the show, which was a noir more than a coming-of-age drama. was always meant to be super-dark.

Look, I get that hard-boiled Los Angeles noir with vampires is always going to be a little darker than high schooler with superpowers, but to write Buffy off as not being as complex or dark because she wants to go to prom? That’s a stunning misjudgment of a character that Greenwalt wrote. Buffy is definitely complex, and she barely had to brood to be so. As Angel wallowed in his desire for redemption, Buffy got stuff done.

...... (full article in link below)
                                                    https://www.themarysue.com/angel-buf...top-comparing/

How Buffy the Vampire Slayer changed TV and no one noticed

...... (full article in link below)
                                                    https://www.looper.com/155959/how-bu...o-one-noticed/

Comment

• Buffy was clearly better than Angel. I don't trust anyone who says angel is better
                                                      Love you like a love song!

Comment

Working...
                                                      X